InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ camping ( Chapter 54 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“You mean it this time?” Kikyo smiled.
 
“Of course baby, we have been engaged for a long time… it's time for us to settle down and why not marrying as soon as possible?” Inuyasha said and Kikyo hugged him.
 
“Thanks honey!!! I have to call a wedding planner… this is going to be magnificent!” Kikyo was about to leave and start preparing the wedding when Inuyasha grabbed his arm.
 
“But plan it for Sunday, want us to marry legally first and I want that to happen this Monday” Kikyo nodded and kissed him on the cheek.
 
“This is perfect, I'll call someone to marry us here…” she left and Inuyasha sighed.
 
“Why am I feeling so stressed? This is what I want…” he said to himself as he sat on a couch.
 
`No, you're lying… this isn't what you want, what you want is to be with Kagome… not with Kikyo… but you know that's never gonna happen… Sesshomaru has her and you know he's not going to let her go…' he sighed and tried to calm down. The simple thought of his brother stealing his girlfriend made him nuts and this time, he was feeling so wrong.
 
“I'm getting married on Monday…” he mumbled, trying to keep himself in that thought and not thinking about Kagome.
 
“Congratulations… may I take your brothers out for the weekend? After all this you and Kikyo might want to arrange the details and I'm sure you don't want the kids bothering you…” Sesshomaru said as he sat next to him.
 
“That's why Kagome is here…” he answered, hiding his anger.
 
“Oh right… my Kagome…” Sesshomaru sighed and nodded. “Perhaps it's time you should know that I was planning on taking Kagome with me to the forest and of course take the kids…”
 
“So you and her are now…?”
 
“Yes and I thought that if we took the kids she would feel better with the idea of us dating… and of course you would get used to that idea too”
 
“Yeah… sure, go ahead…” Sesshomaru smiled.
 
“Thanks Inuyasha…” he walked away.
 
“As long as you don't mind me and Kikyo joining you there” Inuyasha mumbled and smirked.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
The next morning, Sesshomaru took the kids with Kagome out to the forest; they got out and started to gather the necessary things to set up their camp. Sesshomaru was in charge of arranging the camp tents, the kids where in charge of searching for wood for the fire camp and Kagome was in charge of the food. She looked at Sesshomaru with the corner of her eye as he was setting up the camp tents, she smiled as she saw him perplex of how to arm it.
 
“Let me help you…” she got up and started to arrange it with him.
 
“Thanks, but it wasn't necessary… I was about to figure it out” Kagome giggled.
 
“Yeah, you will figure it out by time of dinner” he smiled and kissed her cheek lightly.
 
After setting up the camp, the kids returned with the fire and they started cooking lunch. While they where eating, they got some guests.
 
“Mind if we join you?” Inuyasha said as he sat down.
 
“I thought you guys were going to plan your wedding” Sesshomaru said, Inuyasha could feel his anger and smiled pleasantly.
 
“Wedding?!” Rin and Shippo yelled dazed.
 
“Inuyasha, honey… you didn't tell them? We're getting married this Monday…” Kagome dropped her food and looked at him.
 
“Well, congratulations… I hope you two are very happy”
 
“And I hope you're very happy with my cousin… bitch” he mumbled the last part but she heard him.
 
“Oh… I will… jerk!” she yelled and threw her hamburger at him, leaving him with a piece of lettuce on his face and mustard with ketchup on his hair.
 
“Rin, would you pass me a napkin?” she nodded and did as she was ordered. “Thanks”
 
“I'll go check her…” Sesshomaru said but felt a hand on his shoulder.
 
“I think I will go check her, you should enjoy your lunch” Naraku said and followed her.
 
After walking for a few minutes, Naraku finally found her sitting on the ground facing the river and throwing little rocks at it, he stared at her for a moment. `How could she be so damn beautiful?' he thought as he looked at her. Kagome was about to throw another rock in the river when the rock escaped her hands and hit Naraku right on the face.
 
“Oh! Naraku!” she next to him, to check he was okay.
 
“I'm okay… I came to check you, I was kinda worried” he said rubbing his forehead on the place the rock had hit him.
 
“Really? I'm sorry… I just…” she cleaned her tears and sighed. “I needed some air”
 
“Are you okay now?”
 
“Yeah… a little” she sniffed.
 
“Then let's go back to the camp…” she nodded and hugged him tightly.
 
“Thanks for being such a good friend…” she kissed him and left.
 
Naraku was standing there, astonished. He could feel his heart about to jump off his chest. `I've never met someone so… beautiful, on the inside and the outside… she's something special…' he sighed and felt some footsteps.
 
“Kagome?” he asked smiling, but his smile faded once he saw her half sister.
 
“What was that?”
 
“What do you mean?” she walked next to him and pushed him against a tree.
 
“You know what I'm talking about, what's all this crap about you being so nice to that bitch so sudden?” Kikyo hissed.
 
“I'm faking it… I'm just playing along…”
 
“Playing along it's what I'm doing with Inuyasha, playing along is pretending to be pregnant… this is not playing along! You feel something for her!” she yelled.
 
“You know why this is happening? Because maybe she's nice, because maybe she does have a heart, because maybe she isn't a gold digger bitch who…” Kikyo slapped him there.
 
“You are gonna regret that and when you do, you'll be on your knees asking for forgiveness but I'll ignore you…” she walked away furiously.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Inuyasha was trying to set up his camping net as Kagome and the kids watched him, this was the third time tried and each time it ended worst and worst. Kagome was laughing; she needed to focus her mind on something else and watching Inuyasha trying to lift up his camp was priceless.
 
“Okay, insert part B in part A…” he read the instructions. “But why the fuck isn't part B entering part A!”
 
“You have to twist it around in order to make it enter… watch” Sesshomaru grabbed the parts and started to work with them.
 
“I told you I didn't need your help” Inuyasha said angry.
 
“It looks like you do…”
 
After Sesshomaru finished his camp tent, they started to chop the wood the kids had brought from the forest. They needed the wood ready for their campfire at night and they were going to walk around the forest.
 
“You know Inuyasha? It's good to spend some time with you… remember that we used to camp in this same forest?” Sesshomaru said as he removed his T-shirt.
 
“Oh yeah… I remember that time you made me look like a fool and throw away my only compass rose so you could pretend to be a hero…” he said, Inuyasha looked at Kagome who seemed to be admiring Sesshomaru's body so he decided to take his T-shirt off too.
 
“Then you know this forest Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked and he nodded.
 
“Like the back of my hand… it's going to be fun” Kagome smiled as they kept chopping the wood.
 
As they kept chopping the wood, Kagome noticed that Sesshomaru was chopping more than Inuyasha. He tried but at the end the wood ended up stuck in the ax. Kagome smiled and the kids got back from the river. They were swimming a while after eating till they finished chopping the wood.
 
“Are they done yet?” Shippo asked, whipping his head with a towel.
 
“No, but they'll be done by the time you two get changed… so be quick and change your clothes”
 
“Alright…” Rin said and the two kids to their camp tents.
 
“Are you guys done yet?” Kagome asked and Sesshomaru left his ax away.
 
“Yeah, I'm done with my part… what about you Inuyasha?”
 
“Almost…” he said and chopped the last one. “Alright, we are ready to go… Kikyo, honey, are you coming with us?”
 
“Um… no, too many mosquitoes and… I rather make some calls to prepare everything for our wedding…” Kikyo answered as she read a magazine.
 
“Shippo, Rin! Hurry up! We're leaving now!” Kagome yelled and the kids appeared in few seconds.
 
The five of them started to walk around the forest, the climbed up a mountain as to get to see the sunset. Kagome was between Sesshomaru and Inuyasha, who seemed to be ready to kill each other as soon as one of them touched Kagome. Instead of looking where they were walking, they had a staring contest that Shippo ended.
 
“Inuyasha! Look! I can see the city from here!” Shippo yelled and Inuyasha looked away.
 
“Yeah… it looks nice, I wish I had a camera”
 
“But I do… know everyone get there and I'll take the picture” Sesshomaru said.
 
Shippo and Rin went to the sides and left Inuyasha and Kagome together; Kagome looked at him and felt she could melt in his amber eyes. `After all these fights… I forgot how beautiful his eyes are, how cute he looks when he's not talking and… and… I barely forget he's about to get married' she looked at the camera and forced a smile, Inuyasha kept looking at her as Sesshomaru took the picture.
 
“Great… you looked perfect Kagome” he said and kissed her on the cheek.
 
“Thanks, why don't we go back to the camp? It's getting late” she suggested and everyone nodded, Sesshomaru grabbed her hand and they kept walking.
 
“Are you gonna let him take her that easily?” Shippo asked and Inuyasha arched his eyebrow.
 
“What are you kids talking about?”
 
“Duh! It's obvious she still feels something for you… look at her, she's not in love with Sesshomaru” Rin said and Inuyasha looked at her, he noticed that she had a sad smile across her face.
 
“Are you seriously going to marry Kikyo?” Shippo asked and Inuyasha sighed.
 
“I don't know… I want her to be happy…”
 
“Kikyo? I think she's more than happy with everything she has in her life…” Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“Not Kikyo… Kagome, if she's with me… she's only going to be unhappy”
 
“That's not true! Inuyasha do something! Are you going to regret the rest of your life that you didn't marry her?!” Rin said and he nodded.
 
“You kids are right… I can't let Sesshomaru win”
 
Inuyasha followed them but since it was getting dark, he didn't notice that there was a log in his way. He stepped on it and fell backwards, hitting his head and falling unconscious.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome yelled and ran next to him. “Oh my god… are you okay? Answer me”
 
“I think he's unconscious” Shippo said poking him with a branch.
 
“I'll take him back to the camp…” Sesshomaru sighed annoyed and carried his cousin back to the camp.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Sesshomaru placed Inuyasha in his camp tent, he went back to the fire where Kagome and the kids where roasting marshmallows. Kagome had a lost look in her eyes, which lead Sesshomaru to think that her mind was focused on Inuyasha. `she still loves him but I can't force her to forget about him… I'm leaving on Thursday and… I don't know what to do…' he thought as he looked at her.
 
“Kagome, could you tell us a scary story?” Rin asked.
 
“Oh… I don't know any… sorry guys”
 
“What about you Sesshomaru?” Shippo asked.
 
“I do but…” Kagome shook her head. “But I can't remember any good one now”
 
“Okay…” the two kids replied in a sad tone.
 
“Alright, are you guys done with the marshmallows?” they nodded. “Then its bed time…”
 
“Can we stay five more minutes? Please?” Shippo pleaded and Kagome shook her head. “Tomorrow we have to wake up early so we can go back home…”
 
“Fine, goodnight Kagome” Shippo kissed her cheek.
 
“Goodnight Kagome” Rin kissed her cheek and the kids went to their camp tents.
 
“Why didn't you let me tell the kids a scary story?”
 
“They wouldn't be able to sleep and they have to wake up early tomorrow…” she looked at the fire. “How's Inuyasha?”
 
“He's still sleeping…” he sighed and she nodded. “Kagome, there's something I want to ask you…”
 
“What?”
 
“I'm leaving on Thursday… I have to get back to work and I… I would love you to come with me” she gasped.
 
“Sess… that's very flattering but I have to work here too, I can't leave the kids and my friends and…” she sighed. “I was gathering some money to investigate about my family”
 
“What?”
 
“I don't know what happened to my family, I know I don't have a mother but… my father, my grandmother and grandfather…” she sighed. “I want to know if there's someone who I'm related to”
 
“I'll help you, tomorrow… I'll help you searching for them” he grabbed her hand and she smiled.
 
“Thanks Sess” he yawned.
 
“I think I'll go to sleep now… goodnight Kagome”
 
Kagome stayed there for a while, she was grabbing the jewel of her mother tightly as she looked at the sky. She smiled at the beautiful view she had that night, but her smile soon vanished as she drowned in her thoughts. `Mom, should I leave with Sesshomaru? Inuyasha is getting married in a couple of days and I… I couldn't resist watching it… its wrong…' she sighed and after putting off the fire, she went to a tent.
 
“I can't go with you Sesshomaru, I can't do it since I'm still in love with Inuyasha… I can't help it, all I see… all I hear… all I can feel… is my love for Inuyasha and I think we shouldn't be together because I'm always going to think about him…” Kagome said and soon the person who was supposed to be Sesshomaru got up and caressed her cheek.
 
“I feel the same Kagome…” Inuyasha said and kissed her.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kouga was at Ayame's house, the task Kenoske had given him was not hard at all, considering that Ayame and he were very good friends. Ayame and Kouga were eating pizza as they were watching a movie. `I wonder who Kenoske sent to watch me over… I bet it was Yura, I have to watch everything that I say and do… I can't let Kenoske know that I'm trying to get Ayame out of his gang… he'll kill me if he knows about it…'
 
“Is the movie boring you? `Cause we could watch something else” he shook his head.
 
“No, I was just thinking…” he said as he grabbed another slice.
 
“You don't have to do this…”
 
“What?”
 
“You don't have to help me because you feel pity for me, I'm used to be with Kenoske and I know that maybe sometime soon he will let me free… I know it”
 
“I'm not doing it for pity… I'm doing it for you”
 
“Why? Why are you doing this?” she asked and he moved closer to her.
 
“I'm doing it because I… I…” he sighed and moved away. “I'm getting something to drink”
 
He went to the kitchen to get himself a coke.
 
“Get out here; get out of this while you can… I don't want you to get hurt” she said and he turned around to face her.
 
“I don't want you to get hurt, that's why I'm here… I'll help you Ayame because I… I…” he sighed again and she smiled.
 
“you don't have to lie to me…”
 
“no, it's just that… the last time I said those words I got hurt…”
 
“I won't hurt you, I promise” she said and he walked near her.
 
“I love you Ayame, I think I'm in love with you since the moment I saw you that day on the bar… and I can't let someone else have you” she smiled and hugged him.
 
“I love you too”
 
As they were kissing, they didn't notice that Yura was out there; she took some pictures and went back to the alley where Kenoske and his guys usually gather. She gave him the camera and he clenched his fists.
 
“I told you he was up to something… to bad he's in love with her, he's really cute…” Yura sighed dreamily and Kenoske hit the wall.
 
“He thinks he can mess with me? Let's see how good he does with a bullet on his heart” he pulled out his gun. “No one tries to take Ayame away from me”
 
 
 
A/N: thanks for the `get better' notes, the guy who broke my arm turns out to be my boyfriend's cousin… and he sent me flowers and everything, he was very sorry so no need for pitch forks LOL… review please!!! =) remember 6 more chapters.