InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ finally happy ( Chapter 55 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome couldn't resist his kiss, he always had a sweet way of kissing her and Kagome could never resist it, she placed her arms around his neck as they kissed. `Nothing could ever ruin this moment… everything is so perfect, not even Kikyo could ruin this… not even the fact that I'm with Sess… Sess!!!' she gasped and quickly pulled away before slapping him.
 
“Ouch… what was that for?!” he asked.
 
“You are getting married and I'm sort of dating your cousin… it's not right” she said sadly and sighed.
 
“No, it is right… when people love each other…”
 
“No! I know that we love each other and that we should be together…” she caressed his cheek. “But we can't be together, you are about to get married and with me and Sesshomaru together… it can't happen”
 
“If you tell me you love him more than you love me, I'll leave you alone” Inuyasha said and Kagome turned around.
 
“I can't say that… I would be lying” he hugged her.
 
“We have to be together Kagome, it's not right to fight this feeling… I can't dyne it anymore” she sighed and stood up.
 
“I'm so sorry Inuyasha, but I can't keep this going… I really love you but… I'm sorry” he saw her crying a little before she ran out of the tent and went to hers to sleep.
 
Kikyo entered on his tent a few minutes later, she was a little bit red and she seemed to have cried. Once she saw Inuyasha, she broke down and cried again. `What's wrong with her? We're about to get married and I don't see any problem…'
 
“Stop crying Kikyo… what's wrong?” Inuyasha asked as he patted her back.
 
“I can't keep this anymore, I told you I lost the baby but… it didn't happen how I told you and… if I keep this a secret longer, I might as well kill myself” she said between sobs, Inuyasha got worried once his baby was involve.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I'm sure you remember that I had an affair with Naraku…” she said cleaning away her tears.
 
“Who could forget?” he said angry.
 
“Naraku… pushed me off the stairs when I told him I was carrying your baby, he was forcing me to be with him, he was forcing to make things with him and…” Kikyo cried. “He wanted me to get pregnant with his child and once I told him it wasn't his… he hit me while I was walking upstairs and I…”
 
Inuyasha held her tight against him as Kikyo fake some sobs and cried more false tears. He was only trying to comfort Kikyo as he thought of a way to avenge her. `He forced her… he was trying to take her away… he was trying to get her pregnant with his child but I will never forget… that he killed my son!'
 
“Inuyasha, I don't want him in the house anymore… I could never live near him again, not with all the pain he had caused me…” Kikyo sobbed.
 
“I'll take care of this tomorrow morning honey, don't worry” he said almost automatically.
 
`I'm so sorry Kagome… but I will have to marry Kikyo in order to protect her, and I hate to say this but… you will have to forget about me and… try to be happy with Sesshomru' Inuyasha sighed heavily as he closed his eyes tightly. `I'll never forget what you did to Kikyo, Naraku… you WILL pay for this!'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
`In other news, a man named Naraku Onigumo was arrested for the sexual abuse towards Kikyo Higurashi, the heiress to Higurashi enterprises and daughter of the recently dead Ken Higurashi…' Kikyo had been waiting for that since the moment she saw police officers taking Naraku out of the mansion; it was all her ploy to avoid him to get closer to Kagome and to tell everyone the truth.
 
`Miss Higurashi reported that this man should never leave his cell for killing her un-born child and for trying to kill her as well, the official arrest was made this morning by local police officers at the Tsurugi mansion where Inuyasha Tsurugi, fiancé of Kikyo Higurashi ordered his arrest' the woman on the TV said.
 
“I can still remember what I said… `He's a monster! People like him shouldn't live any longer… specially murderers!' can't believe they bought it…” she said and then she saw her words on screen.
 
`He's a monster! People like him shouldn't live any longer… specially murderers!' she saw herself faking sobs. `Naraku Onigumo was sentenced this afternoon for 10 years in jail, for all his crimes committed… in other news…' Kikyo turned off the TV and laughed.
 
“I told him he was going to regret that…” Kikyo sighed happily as she grabbed her phone to call her wedding dress' designer. “Hi, I need someone to come on Tuesday… yes, I'll need a wedding dress and price is not a problem… just bring me the best and most expensive designer…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome walked down to a private investigator, with an arm around her shoulder that belonged to Sesshomaru. After they returned to the house, Sesshomaru told her about this great detective and seeing how happy it made her feel after what happened to Naraku, Kagome agreed almost immediately. She walked happily to the office and Sesshomaru smiled watching her hop in such joy.
 
“Sess! C'mon! I want him to start immediately!” Kagome yelled happily and Sesshomaru nodded.
 
They entered to the office and saw a man with long black hair sitting right in front of them, he was on the phone but when he saw them he smiled and hung up.
 
“Sesshomaru, you ingrate dog!” the man said and greeted Sesshomaru happily. “It's been ages man!”
 
“I know… I just gave up hope on finding Kagura again, I heard she went to jail” Sesshomaru said in a depressed sigh.
 
“Well, sorry about that… and who's she?” he looked at Kagome interested and she blushed a little.
 
“Oh! This is Kagome, my girlfriend… we actually came here for you to help her”
 
“Where are my manners? I'm Bankotsu, a private investigator but you know that already…”
 
“I'm Kagome and I'm pleased to meet you” he kissed her cheek lightly and went back to sit behind his desk.
 
“Okay, so who are you looking for Kagome?” Bankotsu asked.
 
“I'm looking for my family… I'm an orphan and I want to know if my father is still alive or if I still have someone that is related to me alive” she said with a soft smile.
 
Bankotsu nodded and pulled out an agenda, he wrote her name and what she was looking for, he wrote next to it `Sess' girlfriend' and Kagome thought it was weird but she thought he was doing it so he could try to find her family with the information she gave him.
 
“Alright, do you have anything that belongs to your family?” he asked and Kagome took out her necklace.
 
“Just this… I've been carrying it since I can remember and the lady who was the owner of the orphanage told me that when they took me there I had it with me” Kagome explained and Bankotsu looked at it closely before gasping.
 
“My god… this is… this is…” he was very amazed he couldn't even talk.
 
“It's the Shikon jewel!” Sesshomaru finished the sentence before snatching the necklace from Bankotsu; it was the first time he looked at it with attention.
 
“What? What's the Shikon jewel?” Kagome asked confused.
 
“The Shikon jewel is a very expensive necklace, a weird pearl made once by Midoriko before her death… she was a very famous jewel maker and apparently…” Bankotsu said.
 
“You are the one with her last and most precious possession… she sold it for the amount of 2.5 million dollars to a very rich man who wanted to keep his identity in secret and paid Tiffany and co. to pretend he bought it from there” Sesshomaru finished the sentence.
 
“You mean… who ever my parents are… or were are very rich?” Kagome asked.
 
“Looks like it, I would feel very happy if I were you” Bankotsu said with a smile but Kagome just sighed.
 
“What's wrong Kagome?” Sesshomaru asked her in a concerned tone.
 
“I think they are already dead or they hate me… if the really liked me, they would be searching for me and…” she sighed and stopped her thoughts there.
 
“You don't know what happened to them in these 23 years, what if they are broke? What if the suffer of memory lost?” Sesshomaru said and she smiled again.
 
“You're right… Bankotsu, your job is to find who was the man or woman who bought the Shikon jewel… that will lead us straightly to my father or my mother or both” Kagome said smiling and Bankotsu nodded.
 
“I'll start tomorrow morning…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Shippo and Rin were discussing some information they got about Kikyo before leaving to their camping trip. That weird fake rubber stomach they found at the garage when they were following her woke up doubts and they had to work fast if they didn't want the marriage between Kikyo and Inuyasha to happen.
 
“Do you think it was her `baby'?” Rin asked.
 
“It might be… I don't think any other reason to have that thing in the house” Shippo shivered a little, expressing his revulsion.
 
“Okay so till now we know that Kikyo was faking her pregnancy in order to marry Inuyasha sooner… but now, why would she fake her `baby' lost? She was planning on marrying Inuyasha with the excuse of being `pregnant', I think it's a little stupid from her”
 
“Are you saying she was really pregnant and that she actually lost her baby?” Shippo asked and Rin shook her head.
 
“I don't know… she could have been pregnant or she could just been faking it, only she knows…”
 
“That's what we need to find out by tomorrow morning, if we don't… I'll be calling Kikyo `sister' eugh!” Shippo shivered again.
 
“Then let's start right now!” Rin said and the two kids walked carefully to Kikyo's and Inuyasha's room.
 
The started looking through the drawers on every single part of the room, they destroyed part of it while they were searching but it was worth it.
 
“Hey! Look at this!” Rin said and showed Shippo a picture of a woman with a baby on her arms.
 
“Maybe that's Kikyo and her mother… that's nothing” Shippo said and kept on looking.
 
“But look! It says `Asuka Nageino, Shikon jewel', what do you think that means?” Shippo took the picture from her and read what said backwards.
 
“I don't know… but hey! Doesn't the necklace that the woman is wearing look familiar?” Shippo asked and Rin looked at it carefully before nodding.
 
“You brats aren't supposed to be here…” Kikyo said and they jumped a little scared.
 
“We… we were…” Rin quickly hid the picture behind her.
 
“We were looking for Inuyasha! Have you seen him?” Kikyo shook her head and closed the door.
 
“Listen, you two air-headed excuse of brats who call yourself kids! If I found you again looking through my stuff, I'll send you over to Japan and won't bring you back till the day I die! Get out of my room! NOW!” she yelled and the two kids ran out of there before she could yell at them more.
 
“Well that was close” Rin said as she let out a deep breath.
 
“I know… we have to be more careful next time and lock the door once we are inside…” Shippo smiled nervously and Rin nodded. “By the way, what do you got behind your back?”
 
“The picture, I thought it might be useful to find whoever was…” she read the back of the picture. “Asuka Nageino, it might be a dirty secret about Kikyo and we might as well research about her and whatever it has to do with Kikyo”
 
“Alright… let's steal Kohaku's laptop and begin immediately” Shippo said and the two kids went back to work.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kouga was back at the alley where he had been going for the past week, if he wanted to prove his loyalty to Kenoske he had to do all the normal things a gang member would do. he didn't know that Kenoske already knew that Kouga wasn't in his gang for his own will but to try to free Ayame, who was now becoming distant and Kenoske rarely found her at her work or at her house.
 
“Alright, listen up people!” Kenoske called and everyone turned his attention to him. “Tonight we are finally going to get the other side of the city, were all the rich kids have their so called gangs… tonight is the night in which we will finally defeat Kuranoske” everyone yelled in excitement but Kouga just remained silent.
 
“Aren't you happy honey?” Yura whispered at Kouga's ear as she placed her hand around his waist.
 
“I'll be happy once we defeat that bastard of Kuranoske” Kouga pretended to smile and gently pulled apart Yura's hand.
 
“That's the spirit sweetheart” she kissed him gently on the lips. “but you're not going to fight Kuranoske's gang tonight”
 
“What?!”
 
“Yeah… he has a special job for you and he wants you to go along, you know he doesn't trust you completely so this is your last chance to prove him how loyal you are” Yura said grabbing his arms and placing them on her waist. “But I do trust you and I'll be waiting for you after that, just remember you shouldn't have touch her”
 
The last comment made Kouga confuse, did Kenoske know what he was planning? No, that was impossible, no one could know about it and he had been very careful about his feelings for Ayame. The night they were alone he made sure no one followed him before he went to look after her and he was more than sure that no one was in or out spying on them. `Could he really know? No… Yura is just messing with me, she must know that I have feelings for another girl and to make me nervous she said that but… how could she know that I was in love with someone else? I'm just thinking things that aren't happening… it's just your imagination…' he told himself.
 
“Hey Yura!” he called.
 
“Yes baby?”
 
“Are you going to tell me about that special job Kenoske has for me or what?” she grinned and nodded.
 
“Kenoske wants you to spy on Suichi, you might remember him from your first task… anyway, apparently he seems to be more loyal to Kuranoske's gang than to his and if that turns out to be true…” she pulled out her gun and gave it a kiss before handing it to Kouga. “He has to be eliminated… and we want you to do it, remember… be careful hun”
 
She quickly grabbed him and gave him a short but passionate kiss, it ended before Kouga could react and push her away from him. He watched her walk with the rest of the gang away as they walked to fight against Kuranoske's gang, she disappeared in the dark after Kouga decided to go back to follow Suichi. He found him outside a bar with a bottle of scotch on hand; he started walking away the moment Kouga saw him. He went to Kuranoske's territory and started running, Kouga followed him to find an alley with Kenoske right there, with a gun in his hand.
 
“I was waiting for you…” he said and pointed his gun at him. “I never warned you about Ayame, right?”
 
“So… you know about that, huh?” Kouga half smiled and pulled out his gun.
 
“No one touches her, no one… not even Yura can touch her without getting in trouble, you're not as loyal as Yura and you are going to have a horrible punishment” Kenoske warned as he moved closer to him.
 
“She's not a thing for you to own her, she can decide what to do about her life… and before you do anything and I think I will regret this for the rest of my life but…” he pulled the gun's trigger to find out he was out of bullets and Kenoske laughed.
 
“You actually thought I was going to give you a gun with bullets? How stupid do you think I am… now, time for you to die”
 
Kenoske shoot but Kouga bent before the bullet could go through his body, he hid behind some trash cans but soon heard the gun shots hitting the cans beside him. Once again, he saved himself from death as he ran away from that place and tried to climb out of the alley since the way from which he entered was now closed but he heard a few bullets hit the wall before he realized it was a bad idea. Kenoske tried to shot at him now that he was helpless and looked at his gun to realize he only had a bullet left.
 
“I'm so going to enjoy this…” he grinned and placed the gun at Kouga's forehead. “You know how many troubles you have caused since I let you close to MY Ayame… do you?!”
 
“I just want the best for her because I love her…” Kouga said and Kenoske chuckled.
 
“You love her?! Don't make me laugh! Are you willing to die for her?! Are you willing to risk your own life for her own safe?!” he asked furiously and Kouga nodded.
 
“If it wasn't that way, then why the hell did you think I joined this gang for?! Huh?! For fun?!” he yelled back and Kenoske grinned.
 
“No matter what you want… I decide her future and you can't do anything about that” he froze for a moment and sighed. “I should have known you were following me…”
 
There she was, Kouga saw her more furious than ever pointing a gun to the man who was supposed to be her boyfriend.
 
“It's not just me Kenoske…” Ayame said. “I asked for backup… and she gladly agreed”
 
“Why Ayame?! Don't you realize my love for you is endless?! I'm about to kill a guy for you!” Kenoske yelled desperate.
 
“No one wants you to do that Kenoske, I've been desperately flirting with this guy over here to see what reaction I got from you… but instead I fell for him, you got a touch for women, you knew that?” Yura said moving closer to Kouga.
 
“So you were in this too… and I thought I could trust you”
 
“I came here so you could just leave this girl alone for once and for all! Look at her… do you think she's actually happy being scared and threatened by your side?” Yura said and Kenoske looked at Ayame sighing defeated.
 
“I don't want to see you two ever again… just go and you…” he pointed at Kouga as he threw away his gun. “You better take care of Ayame because if I find out you broke up with her, you'll be sorry about it”
 
“Don't worry… I will, you take care of that girl next to you… by the way, she's a great kisser” Yura blushed and smiled at him as she blew him a kiss.
 
“Yeah… whatever, let's go Yura”
 
Ayame hugged Kouga as he watched Kenoske and Yura walk away and disappear in the fog of the night. He kissed Ayame on the forehead as he kept on hugging her, for the first time in a long time he could finally express his true feeling without getting rejected.
 
“My knight in shiny armor… or should I say my Kouga still shivering from what Kenoske did to him?” he rolled his eyes and smiled.
 
“If that gun did had bullets, he would be laying on the floor as you and me run away from here before the cops came” she looked at him as if she was scared. “But is seems that your idea seemed to be better”
 
“And now what? Now that I'm free from that gang and that you have rescued me and proved how much you love me… what's now for us?” she asked.
 
“For now… just you and me… and this…” he kissed her sweetly as only one thought crossed each others mind.
 
`I'm finally truly and completely happy…'
 
 
A/N: AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cast is now officially off and let me say merry Christmas (although its late) and happy new year! So this time please leave some reviews!!! =) oh! Remember that there are only 5 chapters left.