InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ the end of the beginning ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The place was set, a table and three chairs were settled in the living room for the legal wedding of Inuyasha and Kikyo. The wedding was just a few hours away, 3 to be exact and Kagome was suffering from all this. `about a day ago… he told me how much he loved me, how much he wanted to be with me… and now he's getting married to her… I feel like he just took out my heart and threw it out to the garbage… but I have to forget about him, I guess its my own fault for not telling him I love him more than Sess… now, I can be with Sess and pretend to be happy… while I had the opportunity to be with Inuyasha and be happy with him…' a small tear rolled down Kagome's cheek.
 
“Are you okay Kagome?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Yeah… I was just thinking” she faked a smile and walked over to the kitchen.
 
“Do you want to go out for lunch? I know this nice place that has the best steak in the city” Kagome shook her head.
 
“I'm not hungry… but thanks anyway” she walked out and went to her favorite place, the peach tree.
 
Kagome looked at the tree as three words bounced on her head. `He's getting married...' she thought and another tear rolled down her cheek, she saw the kids coming and cleaned it as they sat next to her.
 
“What are you guys up to?” she asked and the sighed.
 
“We were looking for this woman on internet but we had no search results” Rin gave the picture to Kagome.
 
“It's like she was a ghost or something, there's not even a piece of information about her” Shippo said and looked up at Kagome who seemed to be in some sort of trance. “Kagome?”
 
“This woman… I think I've seen her before” she looked at it closely, she had a baby on her arms and she had a necklace. “Is it…?”
 
“What?” Rin and Shippo said in unison.
 
“Guys, look at the woman's necklace” the kids did as they were ordered and looked at Kagome necklace next, the saw the same necklace.
 
“She is wearing your necklace Kagome!”
 
“The Shikon jewel!” Kagome said and looked backwards and read the name. “Asuka Nageino… guys! I love you… I got to tell this to Bankotsu!”
 
Kagome ran to the outside of the house to crash with Kikyo on her way.
 
“Watch where you're going!” she said annoyed and looked at the picture on the floor. “I think this is mine”
 
“I'm sorry Miss Kikyo but this is mine” Kagome tried to snatch it away from her but she placed it on her purse.
 
“Sorry darling, but this is very important… is about the woman who stole that necklace, it doesn't concern you” she lied and patted Kagome on the shoulder. “But don't worry honey, the necklace you have on your neck isn't the real one… its fake”
 
“Are you saying that the necklace I have is fake and the real one was stolen?” Kagome asked confused.
 
“Yes, you see… the woman in the picture is a thieve and… the necklace represents a lot to a dear friend of mine and I'm helping her find it because it's legally hers” Kagome nodded.
 
“Alright… thanks” she faked a smile and left.
 
`She's getting closer to my father's fortune… I can't let her have it, if I want the money for me I'll have to steal the necklace…' Kikyo thought and entered the house as she took out the picture. `I'm not going to let that stupid bitch keep the money that belongs to me… but if that plan doesn't work… I still have Inuyasha as a backup'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Miroku was with Inuyasha at his study room, no even in his wedding day Inuyasha stopped working but it wasn't just that he had too much work, he didn't want the wedding time to come. The fight between Inuyasha and Miroku was finally over, although Inuyasha never asked for forgiveness but the seemed to forget about everything that happened between them and were now acting like the good friends they used to be before but neither of them dared to say a word about Sango.
 
“So… you're just going to let Kagome go right through your hands and marry Kikyo?” Miroku asked.
 
“What do you want me to do? After all this that happened to Kikyo, our baby… I just want them to be happy, Kagome will be happy with Sesshomaru and Kikyo will be happy making her dream come true… marrying me”
 
“But… what about you? Are you willing to give up your own happiness for Kagome and Kikyo? I think you won't” he nodded weakly.
 
“I will do it… for Kagome… and she chose Sesshomaru” he sighed.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“When we were on camp, I asked her who she loved more and she didn't answer but she said we couldn't be together… meaning, she will be with Sesshomaru” he sighed again and heard the doorbell.
 
“Are you waiting for someone?” Miroku asked and Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“Maybe its Kouga's new girlfriend” he said as he walked to open up the door, he almost fell down and passed out as he saw his little sister out the door.
 
“You're getting married?! You better not marry that bitch!” she said and smiled.
 
“God Sango, you are so punished but I'm so happy to see you that I'm going to forget everything!” he hugged and pulled up his little sister as she squealed in happiness.
 
Miroku spied on them through the study room, behind the door. His heart was beating faster as he saw the little girl that had captivated his heart, she was as gorgeous like the last time he saw her but this time her hair went from lower than her shoulders to lower than her ears and she still managed to look perfect for Miroku.
 
“So how was Europe?” Inuyasha asked as he placed her down.
 
“Great! I loved it… and I'm planning on going back to study at the conservatory, it's very cool and it's not that expensive” she said as she took her bags into the house.
 
“I'll think about it…” he said.
 
“My God! Sango!” Kagome yelled and ran to hug her. “I can't believe it! I thought you were coming in a month!”
 
“I heard someone was getting married… and I'm here to stop it” she whispered on her ear and Kagome giggled a little.
 
“You want to be punished in your first day here?” Sango rolled her eyes and Kagome pulled apart from her embrace. “Love that haircut on you”
 
“You think? Tai said it looked good on me but he liked it better when I had my hair longer”
 
“Who's Tai?” Kagome smiled and Sango rolled her eyes.
 
“He's just a friend and where's my brother? Where's Sesshy? Did Kirara called?” Kagome laughed a little.
 
“He's out on date with Ayame, Sesshy is at the kitchen and no, Kirara hasn't called you… yet” Kagome said and picked up her bags.
 
“Oh Kagome, you don't have to do it… we can ask Naraku”
 
“I fired him” Inuyasha interrupted.
 
“Why?”
 
“I'll tell you everything later… get your things to your room, I'll be right there” Kagome said and Sango nodded.
 
“Great because I have so many things to tell you and ask you” Kagome smiled and Sango walked upstairs.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other as they heard Sango going upstairs, once they heard her door shut, Inuyasha sat on the couch and sighed heavily. Kagome kept looking at him till her broke the silence.
 
“I'm glad she's here…” he finally said and she sat in front of him.
 
“I know someone else who might be happy…” she whispered and he quickly turned his gaze to her.
 
“About whom are you talking about?”
 
“Sess, of course” she smiled and looked up at him. “Good luck today, hope you two are very happy”
 
“I've wanted to talk to you about that… I…”
 
“Kagome!” Sesshomaru said coming from the kitchen. “I heard someone coming in here… was that Sango?”
 
“Yeah… you go greet her while I go talk with Miroku, okay?” she said and he kissed her lightly on the lips.
 
“You're perfect, you know that?” Kagome giggled and blushed lightly.
 
“Thanks Sess…” he walked upstairs and before she could enter to the study room she head someone jealous.
 
“I see we might get another wedding soon…” he said annoyed and Kagome laughed.
 
“I hate myself for doing this but I can't help it…” she went over to Inuyasha and kissed him.
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome perplex as she walked to the kitchen, he thought she was going to the peach tree and decided to let her go. Inuyasha wanted Kagome to be happy and he knew that with that kiss, she meant the end of their story. `I love you Kagome and I'll always will but it seems like it's our end… now we have to keep living our lives, you go and live with Sess while I… I live my life with Kikyo' he looked once again at Kagome before going up to his room to change his clothes; after all, his wedding was in an hour.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Miroku was at the kitchen, once he saw Kagome and Inuyasha kiss he thought it was better for him not to spy or Inuyasha would kill him. he quietly went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water when he found his love in the kitchen. She looked up at him and smiled gently as she ate her lunch.
 
“Hey Miroku…” she said and waved at him.
 
`Just a hey? We see each other after such a long time and the last thing I expected was a hey! What is the matter with this girl?!' he thought and sat next to her.
 
“Hey…” he answered.
 
“What happened to us?” she asked and he sighed.
 
“You just left to Europe and I…”
 
“No, I meant as… what are we going to do now?” he sighed again.
 
“What about Tai?” she laughed.
 
“You were eavesdropping…” she giggled a little. “Only a friend, he's great to play the violin”
 
“You and I were friends first, remember that?” she nodded and smiled. “Are you sure you're going back to Europe for the conservatory… or is it Tai?”
 
“I don't know Miroku… I wish I could tell you what I want but… what we felt before I left or what I felt… I think it has vanished…” she sighed and let a tear fall.
 
“It's okay Sango, just take care of yourself” he kissed her forehead and left.
 
`I don't want to do this Miroku, I really don't want to but… it's between me and Inuyasha… and I rather have my brother and I want you to keep his friendship than to be fighting for a stupid feeling called love… I just hope that someday and somehow… you can I can be together' she kept on eating and kept crying as her mind looked for a way to keep her love and her brother together.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru where back to Bankotsu's office, Kagome told him she had new information and that it was going to help him. `Now that Kikyo told me that the necklace I have is a replica of the Shikon jewel… I have to tell Bankotsu, if he keeps on researching he might find a wrong family and I will get happy for nothing… there must be something else that can help him' she thought as she entered to his office.
 
“So what's up?” Bankotsu asked and Kagome sighed.
 
“I found out that my necklace is fake so… I came here to give you some other clues” Bankotsu and Sesshomaru started laughing. “What's so funny?”
 
“I'm sorry… but who told you that your necklace is fake?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“It had no importance… just tell me, what's so funny?” she placed her hands on her hips.
 
“There have been many attempts to recreate that jewel and there hasn't been a copy till now… and if yours is one, then it's a very good one because it looks just like the original” Bankotsu explained.
 
“And how are you so sure?”
 
“The beads around the necklace are made of a very weird stone… I can remember the name but its worth 10 grand each piece of it” Sesshomaru said. “But if still aren't sure we could make some examinations to your necklace”
 
“No, its okay… but I still have some news; I want you to find out everything about Asuka Nageino…”
 
“And that will be…?” Bankotsu asked.
 
“I think she might be my mother”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kikyo was impatient, the few wedding guests had arrived but the judge that was supposed to marry her and Inuyasha was still not there. Inuyasha haven't thought about making her sign a prenuptial agreement and Kikyo was happy about it, since that way she was keeping something that legally belonged to Inuyasha after the divorce. The doorbell rang and Kikyo ran to open it.
 
“It's just you…” she looked at Kagome and sighed heavily.
 
“I guess I'm still in time for the wedding…” Kikyo looked at her as she went to sit with Sess, she grabbed her by the arm before Kagome sat down.
 
“Could you do me a favor? I've been looking for Sango all around the house but apparently she is hiding somewhere and I want her to be there… so… could you find her for me?” Kikyo asked and Kagome nodded. “Thanks…”
 
Kagome left and a few seconds later Inuyasha appeared next to Kikyo, the doorbell rang at the same time and Kikyo opened to see the judge.
 
“Oh thanks for coming…” she smiled.
 
“Let's begin…” he went over the table and took his seat.
 
“Where did Kagome go?” Inuyasha asked Kikyo as they went to take their seats.
 
“She said something about not coming, that she was coming tomorrow because… she hated… I missed the name but I guess it has nothing to do with us” she smiled as she saw Inuyasha get worried. “Oh, I remembered… but you might already know”
 
`She hates me… I knew it, I'm thankful she left because that would have only made things even more difficult…' he sighed heavily as he heard the judge start their wedding, after half an hour he pulled out two papers.
 
“Now, will you like to sign the prenuptial agreement?” the judge asked.
 
“I don't think so… right honey?” Kikyo asked to Inuyasha. “Honey…”
 
“Huh? Oh, Right… no, there's no need for that…” Inuyasha said.
 
“Alright, then let's continue… do you Miss Kikyo Higurashi take Mister Inuyasha Tsurugi as your husband?” the judge asked and Kikyo nodded.
 
“I do…” she smiled and looked up at Inuyasha.
 
“And do you Mister Inuyasha Tsurugi take Miss Kikyo Higurashi as your wife?” Inuyasha looked around the place in search for Kagome.
 
`If she shows up… I'll just say no and run away with her, Miroku was right… I'm not willing to give up all my love for her just to make me unhappy…' he thought as he looked around once again.
 
“Mister Tsurugi?” the judge took him out of his thoughts. “Do you take Miss Kikyo Higurashi or not?”
 
“What are you going to say honey?” Kikyo asked impatient.
 
“Yes… I do…”
 
“Alright, you two sign here…” the judge gave them the other piece of paper and they signed. “I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride”
 
As Inuyasha kissed Kikyo, he noticed at the door Kagome, who had just entered the place after looking for Sango who was actually sitting in the living room watching his brother marry. She kept on standing there heartbroken as the man of her dreams married the wrong girl. Before tears ran down her face she went upstairs to finally release all the pain that had been inside her since the day Inuyasha didn't cancel his engagement.
 
 
 
A/N: hold on a second, it's not done yet! Remember that we have 3 more chapters before the last one in which it will be the great finale ^_^ and there will be lots of surprises in the meanwhile, I'd like to add that I'm going to post two new fanfics one called `suddenly love' and the other one called `open your eyes' check them out they'll be fun since… just go read and find out! LOL and review please!!! =)