InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ finally... the truth ( Chapter 57 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crushed, it was the only word that could describe how Kagome felt since the day Inuyasha married Kikyo, meaning yesterday. Today, it was supposed to be Kikyo's wedding at the church and all around the house there were flowers and gifts and much other stuff, Kagome wasn't planning to go. She already saw them marry once and she thought that one was more than enough torture. She woke up early like she had been doing everyday, Inuyasha was always trying to talk to her but she was avoiding him, what could he possibly say to make her feel better? She went over to Bankotsu's office with Sesshomaru; he found something about her mother.
 
“Kagome, I know that you know that your mother is dead” Kagome nodded. “I found out how she died, do you want to hear it?”
 
“Yeah…” Sesshomaru grabbed tightly her hand and Bankotsu started reading an old news paper.
 
“Asuka Nageino was killed yesterday in a robbery at her house. She protected her little daughter as the man tried to steal the precious Shikon jewel, she was taken to the hospital immediately for surgery but she couldn't make it, when police went to search for the child to take her to her family at Tokyo, Japan. The father of the little girl, Mister…” Bankotsu stopped.
 
“What? It doesn't say who my father is?”
 
“The news paper is ripped at that part…but it continues” he read. “Apparently she was taken to an orphanage before she could be identified by someone of her family, a tragic story for the girl who would never meet her mother… that's it”
 
“So Asuka Nageino is my mother” she let some tears fall. “But, why would Kikyo have the picture of my mother?”
 
“Kikyo had a picture of her?” Sesshomaru asked and she nodded. “Something isn't right… I think she's up to something”
 
“What could possibly involve my mother and the Shikon jewel?”
 
“Maybe she wanted to buy the necklace” Bankotsu said and Kagome shook her head.
 
“No, she would have told me she wanted it but she hasn't mention a thing about my necklace… except that she told me it was a replica”
 
“So she told you that… this isn't good, I think she's hiding something”
 
“What could be so important to her to hide something like my mother identity?” Kagome asked.
 
“Well that's what I'm about to find out” Bankotsu reminded her.
 
“According to what Bankotsu said, you have family all at Japan… and I have to go to Tokyo tomorrow, it's about business… why don't you come with me?” Kagome sighed.
“I'm not sure… I don't know if I should go, it's been such a long time…” she refused to meet his gaze.
 
“Are you sure it is for the fear of meeting your family after 23 years? Or is it for someone else?” Kagome quickly looked at him and shook her head.
 
“No, it's impossible I think about him… that's over and you know it, he picked her over me and I respect that” Sesshomaru sighed.
 
“Kagome, I always see you so quiet and it makes me think you're thinking about him…”
 
“He had a big part in my heart Sess, you got to understand that” he sighed again and nodded.
 
“But what about your family? Are you going to live forever with the doubt of who they are just because you still feel attached to him?” Kagome knew he was right and shook her head.
 
“You know what? Maybe it is a good idea for me to visit my family”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kikyo was trying on her wedding gown, the wedding was still a few hours away but she needed the right dress and she was out at a store. She found the perfect one; it was a strapless dress with trumpet skirt and sash tied at the waist. Her beautiful veil covered her face but it wasn't enough like to hide it. She looked at the mirror once again and only two words came out of her mouth.
 
“It's perfect” she said and went to the dresser, she changed to her normal clothes and paid for her dress which wasn't that cheap, around 3000 dollars with the veil included.
As she walked down the street with two heavy boxes on her hands, she tried to call a cab but no one stopped. She accidentally dropped one of her boxes and when she was about to pick it up, a man that left her speechless did it for her.
 
“Here you go Miss Kikyo” Naraku said as he gave her the box.
 
“You! What are you doing here?! I sent you to jail!” she hissed furiously.
 
“Apparently you didn't have enough prove like to get me in there for 10 years or more, I have conditional liberty… as long as I don't go to your house” he smirked.
 
“Well, there's nothing you can do now… I married Inuyasha, I'm keeping his money and now you won't be able to do anything…” she was about to leave when he grabbed her arm.
 
“And what? Did you trick him with one of your ploys?”
 
“Believe it or not, I haven't tricked him with something like a fake baby or someone raping me… he married me two days ago and after the honey moon, his money will be mine as I fly off to Hawaii and live there happily”
 
“But now I guess Kagome got your father's money… that's why you married Inuyasha so desperately”
 
“Oh… you're talking about my stupid half sister, she won't keep anything because I'm planning on stealing her Shikon jewel and present it to my father's lawyer so he can think she's dead and so I can keep the money… now, if you excuse me, I'll be late and my husband might get worried… don't you dare to get close to me to again” Kikyo walked away as Naraku held a big smile in his face, he pulled out his tape recorder and heard the conversation once again.
 
“Yeah… I won't get close to you again Kikyo, because you are going to jail”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
One hour was left till the big wedding, Inuyasha was with his best and his brothers already dressed in their tuxedos, Kagome was dressed with that same damn dress with which she kissed Inuyasha for the first time. Sango had begged her to come with her because she couldn't handle to be there alone, not after she broke up with Miroku for the last time. They were all waiting for the bride to get there so they could go to church but Inuyasha didn't want that moment to come.
 
“You know, it's not to late like to take back your words… apologize to Kagome and marry her!” Miroku hissed and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“I'm married to Kikyo already; I can't take my words back”
 
“Yes you can, your wedding license isn't valid for a few more hours… you can just ask me to call the judge and tell him to rip it before it becomes legal!” Inuyasha sighed and looked at Kagome who was now with Sesshomaru.
 
“No, I mean… look at her…” he pointed at Kagome and she was smiling. “I can't crush her again with my stupidity; I just can't make her suffer anymore…”
 
“I'm sorry honey; I got stuck in traffic…” Kikyo said as she entered the house. “I'll change my clothes at church, let's go”
 
“Yeah, everyone to the car… Miroku you drive, Kouga you take the other one… I'll be there in a few minutes”
 
“Why?” Kikyo asked.
 
“There's something I need to take care off, Kagome… would you mind staying a minute here?” she looked at Sesshomaru who nodded and she sighed.
 
“Of course” she said and once everyone was out of the house, he started talking.
 
“Why are you avoiding me since yesterday?”
 
“What do you want me to do? Smile? Pretend everything is okay when I see the love of my life marrying another girl?” she said as some tears gathered around her eyes.
 
“I waited for you… I made myself I promise and I said that if only you came through that door at that exact moment, I wouldn't marry Kikyo…”
 
“Then I guess it was destiny for you to marry her instead of being with me” she closed her eyes tightly as she cried silently.
 
“You look gorgeous with that dress” he smiled weakly and she opened her eyes again.
 
“Stop it Inuyasha, you are married now… and I just can't do this to myself anymore, this is the last time we will see each other… I quit now” she cried.
 
“What?”
 
“I'm leaving to Tokyo tomorrow, I found out I have some family over there and I want to meet them… and I guess some changes wouldn't hurt” she giggled dryly but soon she stopped. “See you at church”
 
Inuyasha stood there silently as he thought was had happened that last week, she went with Sesshomaru, he married Kikyo, Kagome was leaving. Everything happened so fast and there was nothing he could do to stop it, his thoughts were interrupted as the doorbell of his mansion ringed.
 
“Yes, what can I do for you?” he asked, he saw a bearded man with dark sun glasses and a big brown hat.
 
“Take this…” he gave Inuyasha a small yellow envelope.
 
“What's this?”
 
“Just hear it… see you Inuyasha” he looked at the strange man as he walked away and closed the door once he was out of sight.
 
Inuyasha opened the envelope as he walked to his study room and it revealed a tape recorder; he took it out and checked if there was a cassette in it. He was right and played the cassette, when it was playing he heard Naraku's voice as he sat in his chair.
 
“Hi Inuyasha, I wanted to give you this… there's something you need to know about your new wife… hear me out before you crash this against the wall” Inuyasha growled but decided to hear him out. “First of all, rewind the whole tape… and hear everything from the beginning, thanks”
 
“You! What are you doing here?! I sent you to jail!” he heard Kikyo hissing.
 
“Apparently you didn't have enough prove like to get me in there for 10 years or more, I have conditional liberty… as long as I don't go to your house”
 
“Well, there's nothing you can do now… I married Inuyasha, I'm keeping his money and now you won't be able to do anything…” Inuyasha felt angry, he thought she loved him but apparently she just loved his money. He decided to keep on listening.
 
And what? Did you trick him with one of your ploys?”
 
“Believe it or not, I haven't tricked him with something like a fake baby or someone raping me… he married me two days ago and after the honey moon, his money will be mine as I fly off to Hawaii and live there happily” his heart crushed, she lied to him, she pretended to carry his child and for what? To get his stupid money?
 
“But now I guess Kagome got your father's money… that's why you married Inuyasha so desperately”
 
“Kagome? What does she has to do with all this?” he asked himself.
 
“Oh… you're talking about my stupid half sister, she won't keep anything because I'm planning on stealing her Shikon jewel and present it to my father's lawyer so he can think she's dead and so I can keep the money… now, if you excuse me, I'll be late and my husband might get worried… don't you dare to get close to me to again”
 
“Hi Inuyasha, I wanted to give you this… there's so…” the first part Inuyasha had listen to started to play again and he decided to stop it.
 
So many things crossed his mind, he was angry, depressed but mostly he hated Kikyo. She tricked him, she tricked him so many times and he just realized that. He married her and he didn't know he was just helping her formulate the stupid plan she had to get money, was that all she cared about? After all she made him suffer, she made him think he was going to be a father; he made him think an innocent man like Naraku could hurt a gold digger like her.
 
He had so much anger in him that he felt the desire of destroying the entire house, but he just threw the tape recorder against the wall and started destroying every paper that he had on top of his desk. He started crying, it wasn't because he was angry, it wasn't because of all the lies Kikyo had made on him, it was only because he let someone so important like Kagome get out of his life. `I was an idiot… a jerk… a stupid brainless man!!! I was blind! Even my brothers knew how bad she was and I fell for her! I loved her once! I was stupid enough like to ask her to marry me or even to date her!' he thought as he grabbed his chair and broke his study room door.
 
He ripped part of his tuxedo but suddenly he stopped, he had a wedding to go, his own wedding was in half an hour. He started smiling as he remembered that his wedding was about to start, he went upstairs and changed his jacket for another one that looked like his tuxedo. He smiled as he walked downstairs whistling happily. Today was the day in which Kikyo would pay, not only for one of her lies but for all the things she had done to Kagome, to his brothers and his sister, to his friend and especially to Inuyasha. `Kikyo… this will be a wedding you will always remember'
 
 
A/N: there you go, for all the people who started thinking that Inuyasha will never know the truth… LOL wait for the next chapter and remember that we only have 3 more chapters left and I don't know… now that I have 4 fics to update per day it might take me longer to update each one of them… anyway! Review please!!! =)