InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ unexpected finale ( Chapter 58 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kikyo was already dressed in her wedding gown, she looked at the mirror for the millionth time and she could still smile at her reflection and tell herself how pretty she looked. There were only 5 minutes till her wedding started and she still couldn't see Inuyasha, she wasn't superstitious and didn't really care if he saw her in her dress or not. She was going to divorce him in a month or two so the `good luck' wasn't really needed. Finally, she heard `here comes the bride' and thought it was time for her to appear, however, she couldn't find Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha isn't here?” Kikyo asked to her `family' in a whisper, she didn't want the priest to know that maybe her husband just chickened out.
 
Since the wedding was in so short notice, Inuyasha and Kikyo decided to have a quiet wedding with just his family since Kikyo was an only daughter… or at least that's what Inuyasha used to think.
 
“I think that's pretty obvious” Sango said and the kids giggled, their giggles stopped once the heard the church's door open and saw their brother coming in with the biggest smile on his face.
 
“Hey everyone… am I late?” he asked, he still had that smile.
 
“Inuyasha! We are supposed to be getting married right now! Are you high or something?!” he chuckled and shook his head.
 
“No… hey father!” he called the priest. “You should start with your speech of loving each other and marriage is good and all that crap…”
 
“Oh, yes of course… dear friends and families…”
 
“Oh, no it's just my family because Kikyo has no family anymore… or maybe she does?” she looked at him shocked and he looked back at the priest. “Keep going”
 
“Alright… we gathered here today to watch these two people gather in holy matrimony…”
 
“Wait, when you say holy… does cheating doesn't count? Because she had some good times with the ex driver and I have to admit I had my times with Kagome” everyone who was seated had their jaws on the floor, including Kikyo, the priest was just confused but decided to keep going.
 
“To live have their lives together and love each other…” Inuyasha started laughing. “Is something wrong Mister Tsurugi?”
 
“No, no… I'm fine” he stopped laughing. “Go on…”
 
“To protect each other, to be faithful to each…”
 
“Hold on, we both broke that promise” Inuyasha cut him off and the priest nodded.
 
“I think I should just skip this since everything is about fidelity…” the priest changed to another page and kept on reading. “Alright, do you Miss Kikyo Higurashi… take Inuyasha Tsurugi as your husband to love him in sickness or health till death breaks you apart?”
 
“I do…” she said and looked at Inuyasha who was still smiling.
 
“And do you Mister Inuyasha Tsurugi… take Kikyo Higurashi as your wife to love her in or health till death breaks you apart?”
 
“I…” Kikyo looked at him and nodded. “I…”
 
“You what? Say something…” she said.
 
“I don't think so…” everyone gasped, including the priest.
 
“What? What do you mean by…?”
 
“I just don't feel like marrying you after knowing that you are a gold digger whore who just carves for my money…” Kikyo's heart felt to the ground. “Feels awkward when you say it at loud, doesn't it?”
 
“But… I can explain it!”
 
“What are you going to explain? Why you want my money so much? Why you wanted so bad to marry me? Alright, go ahead… I'm dying to know”
 
“I don't know what gave you that idea... but…”
 
“But what?! Are you even going to try get away with this?! I'm not going to listen to you! I'm tired of being lied and fooled! You know, I had to leave the love of my life...” he pointed at Kagome and she gasped. “Who is now suffering a lot from this as she watches me marry you… I just can't believe I'm so stupid”
 
“Inuyasha…” she felt to her knees and he bent to reach her level.
 
“You know what Kikyo? I should have dumped you from the moment I heard my sister calling you a bitch… I should have known she was right”
 
Kikyo cried as she watched Inuyasha leave the church, she wasn't crying for him but for his money and for the fact that she was just humiliated and it felt terrible. Inuyasha was right; it was a wedding to remember. Kagome looked at her and she felt sorry, but not enough like to go and hug her till she calmed down. Sesshomaru placed his hand on her shoulder.
 
“Go after him”
 
“What?”
 
“I know you love him and he just called you the love of his life, I just can't do this to Inuyasha… mine isn't here and I'm still looking for her” Kagome hugged Sesshomaru.
“Why are you always so nice to me Sess?” he smiled.
 
“Because I know what you're feeling right now” she kissed his cheek lightly and followed him out of the church.
 
“It was about time it happened” Sango whispered to her big brother.
 
“Yeah… after all they've been through, they are finally going to be together” he said and his girlfriend agreed.
 
“Now that's the perfect ending” Ayame said and her boyfriend kissed her cheek lightly.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome ran out of there, she looked for him everywhere but she couldn't find him around there. She didn't think he could walk so fast but she remembered that a few blocks from the church there was a park, she ran over there to find him sitting on a bench facing a small artificial lake and throwing rocks at it. She touched his shoulder lightly and he smiled.
 
“I never thought I would live to see the day in which a girl ditched Sesshomaru” she giggled a little and sat next to him.
 
“Did you mean everything you said in there? About me being… the love of your life?” he smiled and nodded.
 
“Kagome, I just can't live without you… and I'm not afraid of saying it… I love you Kagome… I love you Kagome!” he shouted and she giggled.
 
“You are crazy…” she hugged him and he pulled her closer to him.
 
“I'm only crazy for you…” he kissed her like it was the first time, so passionate and sweet that it made Kagome's heart speed and Inuyasha's head spin. “You said you wanted to go to Japan… let's go, I don't want to be away from you another second…”
 
“I don't want that either… but when are we leaving?”
 
“Right now”
 
“But isn't it too early? And you are still married to Kikyo…”
 
“Not legally, by tonight I'll be but I still have time to rip those papers and make it look like nothing happened… let's go back to the house” he pulled her arm and took her to his house; they arrived there and noticed that everyone was there.
 
“Hey! You came back!” Miroku said and hugged Inuyasha. “You did the right thing”
 
“Thanks… let's go up” Inuyasha took her to his room and pulled something out from his drawer. “Here, this is my favorite necklace and I want you to wear it… my father gave it to me”
 
“Oh Inuyasha… this is beautiful!” she looked at the necklace; it had a few white beads shaped like fangs and blue beads all around them.
 
“Consider it my engagement present” Kagome gasped. “I want to marry you Kagome, as soon as possible… what do you say?”
 
“Yes!” she threw her arms around him and started giving him pecks on his mouth. “Yes! Of course I will! And I have something for you too…”
 
She took out her necklace, the one she only took out to shower, her precious Shikon jewel and the only memory of her mother and she gave it to him.
 
“Your necklace? Kagome… I just can't take it”
 
“You gave me something so precious like the necklace your father gave you… and I want you to have the necklace my mother gave me” he took it and placed it around his wrist, after all it was a girl's necklace.
 
“Go pack your things… I'll be waiting for you at the corner in an hour” he kissed her and was about to leave when Kagome grabbed his arm.
 
“I love you Inuyasha” he smiled and gave her another kiss.
 
“And I love you too” he left.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Inuyasha took a cab and it left him two blocks before the place where he actually had to go. He didn't mind, he still had an hour and a half to rip those papers before they became legal. He walked slowly as he searched for the place, he didn't actually know how he was supposed to do it, should he ask for the papers and rip them himself or ask the judge to eliminate them, he felt a guy following him but he thought he was just being paranoid. After a few minutes, that weird man surrounded him in a dark alley.
 
“You know? I like your armlet…” the guy said.
 
“Yeah? Pretty nice… if you want one, go earn some money and buy yourself one” Inuyasha said and the guy pulled out a knife.
 
“Don't try to be a smart ass… take it off and give it to me”
 
“Make me” he punched him and the knife just flew away, falling down a sewer.
 
“You think this is my first robbery?” he asked as he stood up and took out another knife which was stashed in his ankle.
 
Inuyasha didn't know what else to do so he just ran away; he crossed one street as the man followed him. Inuyasha was desperate so he crossed the other street but unfortunately for him it wasn't time for him to cross and a car hit him right in the ribs, he fell unconscious. The thief, shocked by the image just ran away from the place as the driver got out of his car and checked him.
 
“Oh my god… he isn't breathing” he pulled out his cell phone. “Yes… 911? This is an emergency… I accidentally hit a man with my car and he's not moving…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was waiting for him at the corner of the street he had told her, she was so happy now. Nothing was about to ruin this for her, Inuyasha was now finally free from Kikyo and they were going to marry! He proposed to her and gave her something so valuable to him like his beloved necklace; that was more important to her than any expensive ring or jewelry he could buy for her. Kagome looked at the hour; it was 15 minutes passed the time he had set.
 
`Is something wrong? No, nothing bad can't be happening to us now…' but no matter how many times she told herself that, she couldn't help to feel so worried. `What if he got lost? Or he hit his head and lost his memory like I did? Stop being so naïve Kagome… nothing like that can happen now, not at this exact moment in which we are now together…' Kagome thought and looked at the watch again; he was now half an hour late.
And she waited for him, for two hours and once she saw the night near, she walked again to the house. She had her bags and she felt horrible, it wasn't because he didn't come, it was because of that huge feeling of concern that invaded her heart and couldn't let her rest. When she walked back to the house, she saw everyone in tears and specially Sango who was currently burying her face in Miroku's shoulder.
 
“What's wrong? What happened here?”
 
“Kagome! You're okay!” Sango hugged her and cried a little as she hugged her.
 
“Of course I'm okay, but what happened?”
 
“We got a call from the hospital… and I thought you were with him and that maybe you couldn't make and since you don't have…” she cried again and Kagome held her tight against her.
 
“What happened? About whom are we talking about?” Kouga walked up next to her and hugged her.
 
“Kagome… we got a call from the hospital and they told us that… Inuyasha…”
 
“What? What's wrong with him? What happened to him?!” she asked alarmed and Miroku sighed heavily.
 
“I'm sorry to tell you this but Inuyasha… he got hit by a car and now…he's at the hospital”
 
At that moment, Kagome's world became black, those words bounced on her head and she just let a few tears fall before she fainted. The only man she had loved may never get up again to tell her how much he cared about her, how much he loved her smile but mostly, he would never wake up and tell her how much he loved her and she would never be able to tell him she loved him too.
 
 
A/N: sorry for the late update, it's my usual excuse… school is a bitch lol… two chapters left… review please!!! =)