InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ family, awful family ( Chapter 59 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“May he rest in peace… amen” the priest said and everyone let silent tears fall.
 
“Why did he have to die Kagome? This is not fair…” Shippo cried in her shoulder and she patted him softly.
 
Kagome just shook her head as her vision became blurry, she saw the man she loved so peaceful in a coffin going down that whole in the ground in which he would spend his afterlife. As Kagome saw him going down, she placed a flower bouquet before he went down and kissed him lightly on the lips.
 
“Not everything is fair…” the coffin closed and he went down, till he reached the bottom.
 
“I don't want to be with Kikyo” Rin said and hugged her as she cried.
 
“Is going to be okay, I'll be there for you…” she hugged her too and felt a hand on her shoulder.
 
“And I'll be here for you”
 
She looked back and saw Inuyasha, as always she woke up, shivering and sweating cold. For the passed 3 months she had been dreaming the same damn thing, she was too afraid it would become true and she tried to visit Inuyasha everyday she could. He was in the hospital and the house that once perfectly coordinated was now wrecked. Kikyo was spending every single penny Inuyasha had earned during those months into clothes and unnecessary stuff. She looked back at the clock, she was always up at 5 am and she couldn't sleep anymore, she didn't need to since now she was in charge of everything.
Kikyo fired Myoga and Kaede; she thought that it was more than enough to have Kagome around. She now cooked, cleaned, vacuumed, gardened and everything that had to be done. She went downstairs to prepare breakfast for the two only people left in the house, Kikyo sent Shippo, Rin and Kohaku to a private school in which they spend everyday and could just go out to see their relatives in holidays. Sango left to Munich, she was studying music and fell sick, Kagome was about to leave and take care of her but Kikyo asked Miroku to go after her. Now, Kikyo and Kouga were the only people leaving in that huge mansion.
 
“Good morning Kagome, you can't sleep again?” Kouga said as he went downstairs, most of the times he was up by the time she was cooking.
 
“It's that horrible nightmare I always have…. so how are things with Ayame?” he smiled lightly and she started cleaning the table.
 
“Couldn't be better but… I can't stop thinking about my brother, he was everything in the world to me… no matter what happened between us, I loved him” he was trying to hold up his tears and Kagome hugged him.
 
“He'll be with us soon… I visit him very often and I found everything perfect, he'll be up and come back with us…” she touched her necklace lightly, her precious Shikon jewel disappeared when Inuyasha got hit by a car but she kept that necklace since she thought a part of Inuyasha was in it.
 
“Kagome, where's my coffee?” Kikyo asked as she sat on the kitchen, Kagome grabbed her cup and gave her immediately. “Call me a cab; I'm going to the hospital today”
 
“The hospital? What are you going to do?” Kouga asked and she finished her cup of coffee.
 
“That's none of your business…” she said and dropped the cup which had still some coffee, it was poured all over the table Kagome just cleaned.
 
“I hate seeing you do this… she treats you like her slave” she let out a dry giggle and placed the coffee mug in the sink.
 
“It's okay… I don't mind doing this kind of stuff, just pretend I'm cleaning my bedroom” she said as he started having his breakfast.
 
“It's not that! I hate her! Why couldn't she be the one that got hit by a car?! Why isn't her who is now at the hospital?! Why isn't her... in your position?” he said and Kagome sighed.
 
“Don't say that… you know…” she heard the doorbell that interrupted her. “You better go to school, I'll open the door”
 
“Bye Kagome, see you at dinner” he kissed her cheek and left, Kagome went to the door and opened to see Inuyasha's cousin. “Sess…”
 
“Kagome, I'm so sorry… I came as fast as I could and I just found out about this a few days ago… is everything okay?” Kagome nodded as Sesshomaru hugged her.
 
“Yeah… the kids are fine and I'm fine so, everything is good” she lied and faked a smile.
 
“Oh! Sesshomaru! It's a pleasure to see you again…” Kikyo said as she walked to him.
 
“Why didn't you tell me my cousin was ill?!” he asked almost yelling.
 
“Well, if you I don't recall you giving me your number and someone over here…” she looked at Kagome. “Who did have your number didn't call you…”
 
“He never gave me his number…” Kagome said in her defense.
 
“Whatever, take care of the house… I want my room cleaned by time I get home and you better make a good job this time” she got out and slammed the door in the process.
 
“Why is she still here?”
 
“Inuyasha didn't got to divorce her before the accident happened, she's the only one who can divorce him but since she is so in love with his money I doubt that will happen”
 
“Didn't Bankotsu called you again?” she shook her head.
 
“I called him twice but a girl told me he was at Japan… I think he's looking for my grandparents”
 
“And haven't you visited them yet?” she shook her head again.
 
“After all this that happened to Inuyasha, I don't want him to be alone… knowing Kikyo she will do something to kill him and keep his money”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kikyo entered the hospital and went directly to Inuyasha's room; she looked at him for a minute. She was absolutely sure about making this, she knew that they made a promise and the doctor will fall for it. Inuyasha looked as always, his bright silver hair was against the pillow and there was not a single facial hair growing, the only difference was that you could not longer see his brilliant amber eyes since his eyes were now closed.
 
“Mrs. Tsurugi?” the doctor asked and she looked back at the doctor.
 
“Yes, that's me…” she said.
 
“Well, your husband has been improving… I see some of his senses becoming active and it's all because of all the times you have visited him” she looked at him confused, she thought Kagome was behind all this.
 
“Yeah… I try to visit him everyday that I can, but this time… I came here for another reason, you see… me and my husband used to talk about this kind of stuff a lot and we made each other a promise”
 
“And what would that be?” the doctor asked curious.
 
“If any of us fell ill as in coma, we would ask the doctor to disconnect us in 4 months and it's been 3 months with 20 days… I can't keep suffering any longer” she pretended to cry and the doctor sighed.
 
“Well, I guess that if that was his wish… we might let you accomplish it” Kikyo sniffed and nodded.
 
“Thanks, it means a lot to me…” she smiled.
 
“I think I should give you this now, we found this in your husband wrist when he came to the hospital” he pulled out the precious Shikon jewel out from his pocket.
 
“Oh my god… it's the Shikon jewel!” she said excited as she held the necklace in her hand.
 
“This must mean a lot to you” Kikyo looked back at the doctor and grinned.
 
“Actually it does, I'll come over here later… I must leave, when can we disconnect him?”
 
“If your promise was of four months, I think it would be okay for us to do it tomorrow night” Kikyo nodded.
 
“That would be perfect… thanks” Kikyo went out of Inuyasha's hospital room and walked out to call a cab. As soon as she was done asking for a cab she called her father's lawyer. “Hi, I have some news for you… my lost sister is dead, I have her necklace on my hand and I would be glad to receive my father's money tomorrow afternoon…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was done with her labors and ran out the house; she was going to the bus stop when she found Sesshomaru on her way. She got in his car, he noticed he had a bag with her but he didn't ask anything. Sesshomaru took her to the hospital and Kagome didn't say a word, she just got out of the car and ran to the hospital.
 
“Yes?” a nurse asked Sesshomaru.
 
“Oh, hi… I'm mister Tsurugi; I came here to visit my cousin… Inuyasha Tsurugi” the nurse nodded.
 
“Yeah, I know who he is… Mrs. Tsurugi gave us direct orders of not letting anyone get near him except for her…” Sesshomaru looked at her confused.
 
“What?!” he almost yelled and the nurse got a little scared.
 
“Yes, this is what Mrs. Tsurugi told us…” suddenly Kagome appeared with a nurse uniform.
 
“Oh, hi… this is mister… um… Fluffy, he is mentally ill and he believes he is related to mister Tsurugi… I'll take him to his room” the nurse nodded.
 
“Alright… goodbye mister Fluffy” the nurse waved and Kagome pulled him away from there to the elevator.
 
“Why are you dressed like that and why did you just call me Fluffy?” Kagome giggled, for the first time she actually laughed.
 
“This is only a disguise, I figured out that maybe if dressed like Kikyo I would have a chance to visit Inuyasha… but then I realized that I couldn't keep doing that forever so I stole this and I'm using it today” she explained and the elevator door opened. “C'mon… his room is a few meters away”
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru walked till they reached room 506, Kagome entered and saw Inuyasha on his bed like she always found him. Kagome gave him a chaste kiss on the lips once she was in and sat next to him, Sesshomaru watched her act like if nothing was wrong, she was just talking to him like he would do if he was awake.
 
“Guess what? Sess came with me today… he just arrived today and I found him today at the bus stop… come here Sess, don't be shy” she joked and Sesshomaru walked over to Inuyasha.
 
“So you always come to visit him this way?” she nodded and looked back at Inuyasha, placing some of his hair behind his ear before giving him a peck on the cheek.
 
“Yeah… I'm getting used to it, I love to tell Inuyasha the things that have been happening… he can actually listen to me; yesterday he moved his pinky… I had his hand when that happen” she smiled and looked back at Sesshomaru.
 
“And when did he do that?”
 
“About a month ago… I'm sure that maybe today or even tomorrow he will wake up and come over to the mansion and kick out Kikyo and marry me, just like he promised me with this necklace” she grabbed the necklace and let a few tears fall down.
 
“That's… my uncle's necklace!” Sesshomaru said amazed and Kagome smiled. “That was Inuyasha's most valuable thing and he gave it to you?”
 
“This is Inuyasha's most valuable thing… he's not gone yet” she reminded him with some sadness.
 
“No, I did mean was since now that he has you… the necklace is now in second place” Kagome blushed lightly. “How many times has Kikyo visited him?”
 
“About three… with the one she just did today, she came the day the doctor placed him in this room and the other time was to tell all the staff in the hospital to stop anyone who wanted to visit him, I have no idea what she wanted to do today”
 
“Excuse me, who are you?” the doctor asked as he saw Sesshomaru and Kagome next to Inuyasha.
 
“Um… I was just checking his pulse! Everything is alright… this is my brother, he came to pick me up but came early… let's go” Kagome was pulling Sesshomaru out the room when the doctor pulled them back in.
 
“Hold a second, what's your name?” he asked and Kagome got nervous.
 
“I would love to tell you my name but… um… my work here is done, see you tomorrow doctor!” this time she ran away followed by Sesshomaru.
 
“You almost got caught you know” Sesshomaru said once they were in the parking lot.
 
“That was nothing, once I almost jumped out the window because Kikyo was coming and I was just dressed like her… thankfully I just hid in the closet till she was gone” she smiled.
 
“I think we should get back home, who knows in what kind of trouble you might get next?” she giggled a little and got in his car.
 
For half an hour, Sesshomaru drove back to the once perfectly arranged mansion to find a surprise visitor outside the house. Kagome was shocked but she quickly got out the car and ran over to him and hugged him.
 
“Konichiwa Kagome, I have great news for you” Bankotsu said as he gently pulled out of her grip.
 
“I'm so happy you're back! What are the great news? What's Japan like?” she asked and he gave her a letter which was written in Japanese.
 
“This comes directly from your grandfather, he wrote this by himself and I…” he pulled out another letter, this one was written in English. “Translated everything”
 
Kagome anxiously opened the Japanese letter to find a picture of an old man and a little boy, he looked back at the picture and saw it had something written in English and another in Japanese, it said: `Here we are, me and your cousin Souta… I hope you can still remember me as much as I remember you, love grandpa' she let some happy tears fall and started reading the English letter.
 
`My dear, dear Kagome… I hope you can read this letter in which I placed all my heart and soul to write you, you might already know your mother is death and you may think you have no family left but you darling, I'm here and your cousin Souta who is now 8 years is here with me two, his parents died by the time he was born in robbery trying to protect him, just like your mother did for you. Your dear father is also dead, I found out about that 3 months ago in which I read that he had passed away. The necklace you carry on your neck is the love towards your father to your mother, don't ever loose it. Your father loved you a lot Kagome, don't ever forget that… he was willing to marry your mother but I was a very stubborn man and couldn't accept him as a member of our family since he had another daughter, yes Kagome, you have a sister. She's 4 years older and she must like just like you, I never heard news from her but I do know that she is very rich and will now be handling your father's fortune. Kagome, your full name is Kagome Higurashi Nageino and I want you to search for your sister and find out about your father as much as you can, with this I say farewell, but just for now because I know that you will come to me and your cousin to visit us soon, till then I send you all my love and a big kiss so you can always remember me.
 
Love, Jii or you might want to call me grandpa.'
 
“Oh my god…” Kagome said as she finished reading the letter.
 
“What? Is it a good one or bad one?” Sesshomaru asked but Kagome ignored him.
 
“Bankotsu, there's one last thing I need to find out…”
 
“What?”
 
“I need you to find out who Kikyo's father lawyer was… but this is immediately” she said and he nodded as he pulled out his cell phone.
 
“Give me 5 minutes” he started calling someone.
 
“Why do you want to find out who Ken's lawyer was?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Ken? His name is Ken?” she asked with a smile.
 
“Yes, but why?”
 
“Because he is my father”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kikyo was in her father's office, as the lawyer was making sure the necklace she brought her was the real Shikon jewel and not a fake one. She was getting tired since till now he had made about three tests. He was now checking out the precious stone, everyone knew that there was no one someone could make a replica of that but since he had known Kikyo forever; he might as well make sure that this wasn't the first attempt.
 
“Excuse me? Could you hurry up please? I still have to check my husband” she said and the lawyer nodded.
 
“Are you sure she is dead?”
 
“Oh yeah… I found this in an orphanage, thankfully they didn't know that it was very precious or they would have sell it… so are you going to give me my part?” he sighed.
 
“Alright Kikyo, you just have to sign this and everything that once belonged to your father will now be yours” Kikyo was about to sign when the lawyer stopped him, he had a call from the secretary.
 
“Yes? Alright, let her in” he said and hung up, a few minutes later Kagome appeared. “Who are you young lady?”
 
“I'm Kagome Higurashi, daughter of Asuka Nageino and Ken Higurashi” Kikyo just got furious and slammed her hands against the table.
 
“You are not a Higurashi! This is ridiculous! She is mentally ill, don't listen to her!” Kagome walked up to Kikyo and gave her a deadly glare.
 
“I am 24 years old, my half sister is now 28, my father died 3 months ago and my mother passed away a year after I was born… my mother gave me the precious Shikon jewel that I carried on my neck till the day my fiancé Inuyasha asked me to marry him, I gave it to him and the jewel was supposed to be in his wrist but it disappeared after his accident” Kagome said as she looked at the table and picked up the necklace. “Maybe someone took it away from him to make her lost sister disappear forever”
 
“Please! I found this at an orphanage, she's lying… she's just a gold digger who is trying to get my father's fortune!” Kikyo yelled but the lawyer looked at them amazed, the resemblance was incredible and it was too much of a coincidence if they were complete strangers.
 
“Enough!” the lawyer finally yelled as he tried to calm them down. “Miss Kikyo Higurashi, you and your supposed half sister will be having a blood test tomorrow, if it's true that you are Kagome Higurashi you will be receiving your 80% and you Miss Kikyo will be receiving the 20% as your father wanted” the lawyer finally got up and left the sisters alone.
 
“You knew about it, didn't you? You were always trying to hide it from me… you were about to take everything that belongs to me!” Kagome yelled and Kikyo looked at her as if nothing had happened.
 
“Get over it already, I would have got everything that is from my father but you just had to interrupt… and I knew you were my sister from the moment I recognized that very expensive necklace hanging there and I knew from that moment that it would be a secret to take to my grave… and now that my husband is about to die, I bet he will have to take the secret to his grave too” Kagome looked at Kikyo shocked.
 
“What?! What are you talking about?!” she asked.
 
“By the time you and I are declared sisters, Inuyasha will be disconnected and I'll keep his fortune… there's nothing you can do now Kagome, not now that I manipulated everything” Kagome slapped her and cried.
 
“You are going to kill him! You are a killer and you are killing the only person I've ever loved! The only person I've ever cared for! You manipulated his thoughts and moves and you even manipulated that wedding! Kikyo… you don't have a heart and if my father saw you, he wouldn't take you as his daughter” Kikyo laughed a little.
 
“You think I actually care? Whatever… you can stay here and cry all you want, I'm going back home and by tomorrow morning, I don't want to see your face till we get to the hospital, you are fired Kagome”
 
Kagome fell to her knees and cried, she didn't care about her family anymore, her grandfather and her cousin where too far away from her and her parents were dead. Kagome was crying because now that she looked back at everything she had been through before, nothing was as painful as hearing that the person you love was going to die the next day.
 
 
 
A/N: hm… a sequel guys? Not so sure about that idea! I think that I'll have to add one more chapter since I realized one last chapter wasn't enough to resolve all the events, I promise I'll think about that sequel idea but it's more than sure that I won't write one, but maybe in summer I can… okay, I'll let you know… review please!!! =)