InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unbreak My Heart ❯ Without thinking ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and all related characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi… *

note
: rated PG-13, R in future chapters for adult situations and suggestive sexual content (lemon/lime/fluff) Please respect this rating and read on with caution.

Special thanks goes to my beta reader Lynda!! *


by: Angelstars*
email: angtanuk@yahoo.co.uk
beta reader: nekochan (614) *

----

Unbreak My Heart

6.6 - Without thinking

--Last Chapter…

He let go of her arm and unconsciously stepped back from her.

`Gods what have…have I done?!'

"Kagome…"

--Continuation̷ 0;

"Kagome…" Inuyasha froze losing his voice; the expression upon his face was one of sadness. 'What have I done?! Oh gods, Kagome…I'm so sorry!' his mind screamed. `It was wrong of me to do what I did to you!'

I know now why you said you…hated me. Whatever I did…but I-I don't remember!!


Kagome watched Inuyasha out the corner of her downcast eyes. `He remembers, he doesn't want me; he's regretting it already! Gods, why did I let this happen?? `

Sighing, "Inuyasha?" She quietly spoke reaching out to lead them to her bed to sit down.

Inuyasha allowed himself to follow her but refused to make eye contact with her as they sat together in silence.

With another sigh, she reached up and yanked at his ear, "Inuyasha, talk to me!"

Inuyasha's dog-ears twitched as he winced back flattening them on top of his head. Kagome weakly smiled looking up at him with saddened eyes.

"Gomen ne, Inuyasha." She blushed slightly, subconsciously bringing her hand up to massage her mark.

He smiled for her, but she could still see the sadness in his gaze. Was he feeling that much regret, that he was truly unhappy about what had happened between them?

Inuyasha pulled her a little nearer, tilting her head up by her chin inspecting the reddish tainted mark upon her pale skin. Without thinking his hand brushed up against her nape and tenderly touched the mass of bruised skin. Hearing her small gasp, he hesitantly looked into her eyes searching for any signs of remorse. Instead of that, he could only find hints of panic, worry and sadness.

Kagome felt his clawed hand caress the mark as she involuntary gasped upon feeling it pulsate. She swallowed back yet more nausea from the back of her throat. "Inuyasha…I-we have to talk about this…" She started closing the space between them.

Inuyasha nodded lowering his eyes away from her gaze. "We have to go back through the well first. Kaede asked for you to return with me…" he quietly informed her.

Kagome's heart sank. "Oh, ok" she replied equally quiet.

--

"KAGOME!"

Kagome's smile grew upon hearing the kit yell with excitement. "Nice to see you too, Shippo" she greeted him with a quick ruffle of fur on top of his head.

The kitsune flashed her a huge grin and hopped off her lap to search the contents of her backpack. Inuyasha eyed the curious cub as he burrowed through it in search of his treat. His red fox tail swaying with happiness when his head popped out, his huge smile growing as he munched contently on his chocolate bar.

Kagome affectionately watched the kit munching down on the bar as he sat beside Inuyasha. Her eyes soon found his and with a sad smile she diverted them as Kaede made her entrance. Questionably, Kagome looked up at the wise miko, she was holding onto more than one scroll and a batch of what looked like herbal leaves and some other concoctions.

The older woman smiled warmly at Kagome.

"Shippo, I have to talk to Kagome and Inuyasha…alone. Go on now, off with ye." She said to the chocolate smudged mouth cub.

With that the fox-cub scurried out of the room. Stopping close enough to over hear the two miko's and hanyou talking…

Kaede turned toward the hanyou and girl who sat across the room from her. "I have something to tell ye, Kagome…" she started.

--

"I'm Home!" Kagome's mother greeted as she opened the front door of the shrine. She smiled when Souta ran down the stairs and started to bombard her with questions.

"Mom! Is everything ok? When do we have to leave? I don't wanna go!!"

"Calm down, Souta." She said placing her hand on the young boys shoulder. "I have some great news…although a little strange…" She smiled once more.

"Where is Kagome?"

"Inuyasha-Oniisan took her through the well." Souta replied, "What's the news, Mom?!" he (He) continued jumping up and down anxiously.

"Hold on, let me call your grandfather. Is he still in that room?"

"Yep!" The boy nodded.

"No! I'm not leaving this room. You can't make me!" She heard him call out from behind the closed doors of his den.

"Come out this instant! Stop acting like a spoilt brat!" Mrs Higurashi berated him. The door slid open and a very unhappy old man stalked out, arms firmly and arrogantly wrapped over his chest. "What?"

Smiling she continued telling the two of the news. "It seems we have an estranged family member. They claim to have the papers we lost a few years ago, and that the land was indeed private and under council law, we get to keep the land rent-free!" Her smile grew as she clapped her hands together in excitement and relief. "Can you believe it?"

"Wha?!"

"Mom does that mean we can stay and Inuyasha will be able to visit still?!" Souta asked innocently, looking up to his mother with hopeful eyes.

"Hai, Souta." She nodded, "It is good news."

"Wait a moment; the Higurashi's have no other family members! This whole thing smells fishy if you ask me." Jii-chan scoffed turning his head and closing his eyes.

"Oh, grandfather, never look a gift horse in the mouth." Mrs Higurashi shook her head chuckling. "I did ask the council for the name of this person."

The old man opened one eye casually, "What did they say?"

"He only went by Mr Higurashi. His initial is on the new lease."

--

"No… No if this is some kind of sick ploy to get me to stay here, then I'm not going to believe it!" Kagome jerked up from the floor clenching her hands tightly. "I won't!"

"I am sorry child" Kaede apologised, looking up at the desperate girl.

"No, how can you just know? How can you just sit there and tell me that!?" She replied shaking her head from side to side, the tears rushing from the corners of her eyes.

Kaede lowered her head away from the girls teary-eyed gaze. "Kagome, I have been sick for some time."

Kagome looked down at the older woman, "Then tell me what symptoms you're experiencing! I can get medicine from my time." She pleaded with her.

"This has no cure, not even your medicines can help me now." Kaede stated.

"Kaede, please. Please tell me…"

Shaking her head in defeat the old woman stood to offer the girl comfort. "Kagome. Child, listen to me. I am sorry that I cannot help ye in your time of need." She said looking her straight in the eye.

Kagome's confused look made the older miko smile slightly. "Wha-what do you mean?" she asked curiously.

"Your miko powers are stirring."

"I-I don't feel any different…" She said, shaking her head slightly but taking a small look over her shoulder in the direction of the uncomfortably quiet hanyou.

"You're experiencing problems at the moment. Ye have allowed yourself to become vulnerable; unaware, ye have allowed resentment and pain cloud your judgments." Kaede continued.

"Ye have let your miko powers control ye, rather than take control of them."

Kagome lowered her head slightly; she had been acting strange lately. That and the serious tension between herself and Inuyasha were disturbing her.

"Here. These are for ye." Kaede said handing Kagome the scrolls and a few herbal medicines.

"I have already discussed arrangements with the monk and Inuyasha." The older miko explained to Kagome. "I leave everything I own to ye and Inuyasha."

"What?" the hanyou's voice interrupted the miko's conversation.

"Hai, I leave my personal possessions to Kagome." She replied pointing to Kagome, "My land will belong to ye, Inuyasha." She finished emphasizing the hut and plot around it.

"Inuyasha, may I be alone with Kagome?"

Inuyasha, wide-eyed, nodded and obediently left the room.

"Once I am gone. Ye will be the last." The elder spoke quietly making her way to a nearby futon.

"What does that mean?" Kagome asked following her.

"Ye will understand in time." She replied before resting herself onto the futon. "I am tired, child."

Kagome sat at her side and looked down at her with a worried glance, "Would you like me to…" the old miko lifted her hand to the girls shoulder.

"I wish to be alone now," she simply stated quietly.

"Oh…" Kagome answered lowering her eyes.

-- that evening…

Jealousy. That shitty emotion Inuyasha suffered from on a regular basis. Kouga or that human from Kagome's world provoked that emotion. But, there was no other male competition to worry over; Kagome was with him and staying with him over night by choice. So what was with the jealousy?

It was stupid. He was too possessive of her, too unwilling to see her with anyone unless it was him. He could not stand the thought that any one else could see his Kagome the way he did.

What if you craved something you had, could have, and didn't have at the same time? Can you be jealous of that, of yourself?

'Keh Inuyasha grunted under his breath, he was not in any mood to listen to his inner voices. He should be watching over Kagome and the small Kit who slept near her. That was more important than brooding over his emotional dilemma's (However fucked up they may have been)

He once again turned his attention to Kagome. He held his breath watching her lithe figure sleeping soundly, her breathing lured and teased him. He wanted to see the mark again. He needed to see it-touch it.

Instinctively, Inuyasha stood up and moved over to Kagome and crouched over her. He stroked her cheek, tenderly trailing his claws lower and over her neck. He quickly realised what he was doing, and drew his hand back, shocked.

Clenching his fists at his moment's lapse his mind screamed at him to continue, she was officially his mate. Touching her was allowed. Still, he found it hard to allow himself to take pleasure from her.

Quickly, he returned to the tree he had found comfort in before Kagome awoke and found him. Cringing at the memory of the slap she backhanded him with the last time she found him hovering over her.

Kagome was not asleep. She had been trying to but found no comfort. Suddenly something unexpected happened causing the young girl to involuntary shiver. She felt someone's hand touch her with utmost of tender care, and she knew whose hand it was. It shocked her, but inwardly relaxed her confused feelings.

She slept on after that, thoughts of Inuyasha somewhat paused, but worries that tomorrow would bring yet more sorrow still churned in her stomach.

--

Kagome awoke to the sound of Sango cries.

"Houshi-sama, quickly!"

Blinking, she rubbed her reddish eyes and yawned picking up the half asleep kit. "Inuyasha?" she asked searching the campgrounds.

Inuyasha stealthily landed behind her, "Kagome…" he started. Kagome jerked her head around and glared at him but face-faulted when she noticed the look upon the hanyou's face.

"W-what is it Inuyasha?" she asked picking herself up off the ground.

"It's Kaede." He simply replied. Kagome stood in silence, staring off into the forest before dropping the kit out of her arms and taking off.

She needed to get away from the village. She wanted to be alone. Her whole world was collapsing in front of her very eyes and she felt helpless to prevent it from happening. She truly was cursed.

--

Shippo rubbed his behind, his small nose scrunched up as he looked up at the hanyou. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing brat" Inuyasha evenly answered.

"No! No there's something wrong, and just because I'm young you all ignore me. You never tell me a thing! It's not fair!!" He yelled up at the despondent inu-youkai.

Inuyasha looked down at the cub. "Alright brat, I'll tell you what's wrong! Kaede, that old hag decided today was a good day to die. Kagome is also leaving us and no doubt the other humans we supposedly call friend will leave also." He clenched his fists and snarled with anger, "Humans are nothing but worthless walking corpses! They die or leave when it suits them! We don't need them…any of them!"

Shippo watched Inuyasha with tear stained eyes. "I-Inuyasha, you don't mean that?" He asked through sobs.

Growling the inu-hanyou picked up the kitsune and took off back to the village.

As he reached the village Sango and Miroku were hovering over the few who had gathered around the respected Miko's patch.

"Sango," he gruffly called out to the demon-exterminator, shoving Shippo into her arms.

"Inuyasha?"

"Inuyasha, where is Kagome-sama?" Miroku asked, coming up behind the shocked Sango.

He did not reply.

"Ah, another lovers' tiff ne?" he mused.

"Houshi-sama, have respect!" Sango hissed. "You of all people should know better. Kagome-chan is mourning over her loss."

"Shut up, bozu," Inuyasha growled finally. "She ran off, again. Look after the whelp until I get back." He ordered and with another sigh he took a step, and then leapt through the trees in search for Kagome.

"It is better that Inuyasha be with Kagome-chan at the moment." Sango broke the silence.

Miroku bowed slightly "I must apologise. Lady Kaede shall be missed; I did not mean to make a shamble of her honourable memory."

"I'm sure you did not. I accept that apology, houshi-sama." She smiled before continuing, "and I'm sure if Lady Kaede where here she'd agree with you on that rather bold statement you just made."

"Aa, she did favour Inuyasha and Kagome's relationship. We all know that some thing hasn't been right with them...lately"

Sighing, Sango nodded in agreement, as the small kit looked on long and hard after the hanyou's exit.

'I don't want Kagome to leave. I don't want Inuyasha to leave either. Will they both leave me? I just want this to all go away, if only I could do something to help them…'

--

Inuyasha finally found her curled up into a small ball at the edge of the well. Quietly, he approached her.

"Kagome?" he spoke softly reaching out to pluck her out of her depression. Kagome cringed when he touched her, causing the hanyou to retreat his attempt to console her.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" He growled at her, shaking her, staring her in the eyes.

Kagome thrashed out of his hold, her eyes till stinging with hot tears. "What the hell do you mean, what's the matter with me?! I just lost someone important to me. I'm leaving my home, my life, my friends…you and all in a matter of days!" She shook her head violently. Clenching her fists she unintentionally began to let off streams of powerful, untrained miko energy. It whipped and crackled around her, pure white mixed with jet-black streaming bolts, flying from her in all directions.

Inuyasha's first reaction was not quick enough, as he tried to back away from the burning miko energy. This was not like the other times, this felt different and out of control, like she was not even aware she was doing it.

"Kagome!" He snarled as one of the streams hit him square in the chest, instantly throwing him off his feet.

Kagome continued to shake and sob into her hands as she sank back into a tight curl. The miko power whirled and thrashed around her fragile body, when Inuyasha caught sight of the Shikon no Tama around her neck, it was also glowing brightly, cackling with pulsating energy.

Inuyasha pulled himself up from the floor and crouched down in front of her. His eyes fixed on the jewel as he cautiously reached out to pull her closer into him. His instincts were all for comforting her, but did not trust her not to knock him down. He hated that. She had come to be very trustworthy and he learned over time that he could trust in someone once more. But, right now she was out of control and he needed to help her. In any way.

"Kagome…" He began, holding his gaze upon the Shikon no Tama. He had no idea why he felt the need to keep a close eye on it, but something was telling him to. "Calm down wench" he continued grabbing her shoulders to shake gently.

Kagome jerked her head up and glared at him. "Get your hands off of me!" She cried angrily.

Inuyasha ignored her demand and held onto her firmly. "Listen to me Kagome, you have to calm down!" He said through clenched teeth. "Damn it wench, I told you-" He continued, but was cut off when Kagome jerked away from him.

"You…you can't decide anything for me! You can't decide which time I choose! If I decide-"

"I'm your mate! I can decide what you can and cannot do! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!" He snarled, teeth gleaming dangerously close to her face.

Kagome froze under the powerful statement.

Inuyasha was trying his hardest to catch his breath, but his blood was boiling and he could feel it rising slowly with every attempt of air.

Their faces were inches apart, Kagome's breath caught in her throat as she watched Inuyasha's red banded tattoo's pulsate from one side of his face, no sooner had they emerged he had taken her into his chest and claimed her lips as his own.

The force of the kiss hurled them to the ground, taking her down under him. They both slammed down together, his mouth smothered Kagome's slight cry as he deepened their kiss.

She began to thread her fingers through his long silver hair when he pulled away from her, catching his own breath. "Inuyasha." She whispered, desperately arching her body into his. "Gods, Inuyasha. I want you. I need you."

--

side note: Some of you pointed out that Inuyasha is acting strangely or too stubborn. Like PsYcHoKeLl pointed out. Reasoning behind that is he's scared and confused, he has no kind of release from these feelings - he doesn't know how to show them so he reverts to being a jerk and has a well-balanced guard. Think of it this way- Inuyasha hasn't been around humans long enough to understand his own human feelings that was until he met Kikyo long after his mother died. Kagome is the third human to give him unconditional love. His mother being the first, Kikyo then Kagome. After all, Inuyasha is half-demon, and that side has dominance over his human blood! Go fig…

a/n: Next chapter: 7.7a - Part One: Unspoken Desire (rated NC-17 lemon) so no uploading that one here on ff.net, I sorry. I will let you know where I'll be posting that chapter.

- Coming soon… Chapter 7.7b - Part Two: Hiru no Tsuki (Daytime Moon)

Many thanks and glomps to all my faithful reviewers! So many of you helped me continue writing, especially the threatening kind ^^; once again, I dare not stop this fic. I want to live 0_o