Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Infernal Affairs ❯ Blue Eyes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Infernal Affairs

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the following anime - Yu-Gi-Oh, Hunter X Hunter, Fushigi Yuugi, Hungry Heart ~ Wild Striker, Beyblade, Slayers, YuYu Hakusho, Get Backers, or Neon Genesis Evangelion. Man, this is a long list. I don't know how I plan to keep track of all these characters, but I will somehow!

Summary: This is no game. This is a matter of life and death. Only the cunning, the deceptive and the ruthless survive. This is the world ruled by three main bodies, the Triads - and the darkest side of humanity. Multiple pairings

Warnings: Yaoi and shounen ai, a small death scene (nothing too special, just a death scene), swearing and crude language, and also OOC.

Author's Notes: Well, yet another fic I've started. Yes, this is a HUGE project I'm working on (and in my School Cert. Year too!) and I think this is going to stretch on for maybe the rest of this year and all of next year? I don't know. But it's going to be LONG, I promise you! Really long!

Oh yeah, with the names, Chichiri from FY will be known as Houjun (cos it sounds better than Chichiri).

--------

BLUE EYES

--------

Houjun dropped his keys onto the desk and walked around to his chair, sitting down with a sigh. His bangs fell into his eyes and he brushed them back. There was a knock on the door as soon as he had sat down.

"Jun-kun," a voice called cheerily.

"Come in, Nuriko-kun."

Nuriko's head came around the doorframe, grinning from ear to ear. His long, dark hair pulled back into a plait, hung over one shoulder. It contrasted to Houjun's light, shoulder-length hair, tied into a loose ponytail at the nape of his neck with naturally gravity-defying bangs hanging over his forehead.

"Enjoy your holidays, Jun-kun?"

"Every bit of it," Houjun replied, smiling. "Three months on an island without having to chase up criminals or notorious gangs. Absolutely wonderful."

"I'm surprised you even came back."

"Pegasus-sama asked me to, really," he admitted. "He said that, after everything that happened, and Kura's resignation, I should really take a break."

Kurapika Kuruta was another member of their squadron, one who had been forced to take down one of his friends on their last major case. He had resigned after that, saying that he did not want to face a situation like that again, leaving the team without their Top Gun and best field agent.

Houjun sighed. Their job required their agents to take on a `no emotional attachment' policy. All of them had done well so far, taking especial care not to involve their families and relationships in their cases, keeping a clean record. It made things much easier for them all. Kurapika had made no mistakes in his short, but stunning, career as a police agent. It was the traitorous member of the group, Hanzo - Kurapika's friend - who had caused all the trouble.

"Well, anyway, we've got a new member," Nuriko said. His face grew serious. "His name's Hikou and he's to replace Hanzo. Jun-kun, I don't trust him. He's a dodgy character, not very trustworthy looking. If he ends up like Hanzo . . ."

"Nuriko-kun, that's enough." Houjun tapped his desk with a long, slim finger. "Maybe we should meet him."

--------

The ivory-haired man shook hands with Houjun over the table. Sitting next to Pegasus was a man with dark hair and sharp, green eyes, holding a slightly narrow look in them. He wore a dark blue suit, in contrast to Pegasus' red and Houjun's casual blue shirt and jeans.

"Welcome back, Houjun," Pegasus smiled. "You feeling good?"

"Ready to take on the world, sir."

"Glad to hear it." He motioned to the stranger. "This is Takana Hikou, Hanzo's replacement. He will be doing field work in your team."

"Yoroshiku, Houjun-san."

Houjun returned the greeting, welcoming Hikou to their team. He saw Nuriko out of the corner of his eye. The other man was frowning slightly, an unusual expression to see on his normally bright and cheerful face. He understood - he didn't like the look of Hikou either. Then he turned back to Pegasus.

"What of Kura's position?"

"We had a few applicants, but none could match Kurapika's abilities," Pegasus explained. He grinned wryly. "And it didn't help that Tasuki kept scaring them away with his wild ways."

"I'll make sure to talk to him."

"Of course, there aren't many people up for replacing our Top Gun."

Houjun nodded in agreement, before motioning for Nuriko, still standing in the doorway, to lead Hikou out. He did so with a thumbs-up sign. Hikou left. Then Houjun sat down across from Pegasus, hands clasped together on the table.

"I received Hotohori-kun's email about Kura's whereabouts the day before I came back," he said. "Apparently the guy went to downtown Domino, where Genei Hunter accumulates."

"Nani? He went to find Hunter?"

"I'm not quite sure. Kura's a sensible guy. I don't think he'll do something stupid."

Pegasus sighed, reaching for a file on the meeting table. It was quite thick, by the looks of it. The file was opened and pushed towards him. On the top it read: TRIADS. Houjun scanned it anxiously.

"Triads," he muttered. "If we have a triad war on our hands, it'll spell disaster with a capital `D'."

--------

There was a dull thud, accompanied by a sickening crack, which filled the air. From a dark corner, the sound of a glass being set down on a wooden surface was heard. The person on the floor groaned, squirming on the ground.

"One . . . gai . . ." he gasped.

"I'm not happy with Rucifer for attempting to take my business," the darkened figure said calmly. "He knows that this is my territory and he still has the nerve to set up a nightclub where I stand?"

"Kaiba-sama . . . I had . . . nothing . . . to do with it."

"I'm not asking you anything," Kaiba Seto hissed, leaning forward in his seat. "Now Marik. What do you say we give Genei Hunter a little reminder about what it's like to cross us?"

Marik, a ruthless blonde-haired man and one of the guy's tormentors, lashed out and kicked him in the ribs. A crack, signifying the said rib and broken, sounded. The guy spluttered and coughed up blood all over the carpet. Another kick, aimed at the face, broke the bridge of his nose. He fell on the floor again, unconscious.

"Drag that pathetic thing away," Kaiba snarled. "Deliver it to the Genei Hunter hellhole in a box or something. And clean that filth from the carpet. It reeks in here."

Several guys did so. Marik sat down across from Kaiba, drinking deeply from a large tankard. He and Kaiba exchanged looks before the latter picked up his shot glass. He smirked at the blonde Egyptian.

"You're unsatisfied with something, Marik."

"Like what?" Marik snapped. "That pathetic wimp doesn't even bleed well!"

"I've heard women bleed a lot more than men," Kaiba said casually, downing the shot. "Ishizu could tell you."

Marik snorted, slamming down his tankard.

"Neesan's got Bakura all over her. Like she's gonna listen."

"Find another one then. Blue Eyes has a lot of whores for you to fuck." He shrugged. "Just don't kill any of them. I need them for business."

He flipped open a folder and scanned its contents, cold blue eyes moving up and down the page at an incredibly fast speed.

"New applicants?" Marik asked, motioning to the folder with one hand. The other had found its way around the tankard again, ready to pick it up.

"I have a new singer trying out at the main club," Kaiba explained. "Haven't seen anything except the resume yet. Get Malik to watch them. He knows more than I do about appeal."

"You're very appealing yourself, Kaiba," a smooth voice noted. Marik's younger brother waltzed in. "Now then, I heard my name?"

Malik was slimmer than his older brother and less tanned. He was also slightly shorter, but he had larger eyes, which were also a bright shade of violet. Malik's appearance screamed `sex appeal', enhanced by his choice of clothing: a tight pair of leather pants and purple belly top, with a variety of chains and gold jewellery decorating him everywhere.

"Blue Eyes has a new singer."

"Ah, just my department. What's her name?"

"She's a he," Kaiba corrected.

"This is new," Malik murmured.

He peered into the folder at the resume. The name read `Bakura Ryou'. Malik let out a low whistle, voicing his relief that Bakura Anubis wasn't overseeing Blue Eyes. The albino would freak if he found out that his younger brother was applying for a club job. A club job at Kaiba's nonetheless.

"Bakura'll flip."

"I don't care about that. I've a shortage on performers and whores. He's been the only applicant so far, until I get a shipment of newbies next week."

"Ryou-kun's part of Mugen Ryodan, you know," Malik warned. "You know them and their characters. Dodgy, the whole lot. They change sides faster than the speed of light."

"Mugen Ryodan?" Kaiba looked thoughtful. "Interesting. Have him in tonight, Malik. No exceptions."

--------

Bakura Ryou was five years younger than Kaiba himself, who was twenty-two. He was an angelic replica of their gang member, Bakura Anubis, with his silvery hair, slightly longer than his older brother's was, and large auburn eyes. Bakura's eyes had a blood red hue to the auburn, making him seem darker and more ruthless, as fitting to his nature.

"So . . . Bakura-san . . ." Malik began.

"Ryou," he corrected. "Niisan's name is Bakura."

Ryou's voice was well tuned and chimed musically when he was talking. Malik nodded and made a quick note on a piece of paper, pushing it toward Kaiba. The brunette picked it up and scanned it quickly.

He raised Copenhagen blue eyes to Ryou, who stood there, not moving. Kaiba knew about the Mugen Ryodan, and how they didn't really belong to any gang or triad. Mugen Ryodan was just a collective term. They were known to be dangerous and unpredictable. A thin eyebrow rose. Ryou looked so unassuming and innocent, it was hard to tell, if not for the mysterious air about him.

"How old are you . . . Ryou?"

"Seventeen."

"Does your brother know about your taking this job?"

"Iie, Kaiba-san. Niisan doesn't meddle in my affairs and I don't meddle in his. It's the way we work, Kaiba-san."

"I'm not expecting a child like you to have any work experience . . ."

"Oh, don't be too sure on that, Kaiba-san," Ryou interrupted, regarding him with a secretive smile. He fingered his long hair. "I worked at Hunter's nightclub up until a few days ago. But the best club's got the business, am I right?"

"Short on cash?" Marik asked, licking his lips. Ryou shrugged.

"You could say that." He smiled again. "What now? Don't you want Hunter's best performer to work for you? Imagine the looks on their faces - on Kuroro Rucifer's face - when they find out."

He named the leader of the Genei Hunter triad and their greatest rival. Genei Hunter - or Phantom Hunter - took down three of their drug dealers in the last attempt at cooperation, just to prove they could. Kaiba had sought revenge since, beating and rampaging through their territory, disrupting business and deals.

Kaiba smirked almost wolfishly, while Ryou regarded him with dark, half-lidded eyes. Suddenly the prospect of showing just how good he was became very appealing. He motioned for Malik to show Ryou around and organise his performance for that very night.

--------

"Kisama!"

Reorio spat out his mouthful of beer on the floor, swearing profusely and slamming the tankard on the table. A large cardboard box had been dumped on the steps of their alleyway side door. Upon closer inspection, he found it addressed to his boss.

"Dancho . . ." his companion, a young woman, mused. "He won't be happy, ne, Reorio-san?"

"Of course not," he spat. "That thing reeks!"

"Oi, kore wa nani?"

A teenager with unruly, lavender hair poked at the box with his foot, dark eyes curious. His best friend jabbed it with the end of his fishing pole, eyes wide.

"Don't touch that, Killua, Gon!" Reorio barked, pushing up his ridiculously small spectacles further up his nose. "It's Dancho's."

"Che, Kuroro won't mind if we open it," the first one, Killua, shrugged. "Ne, Gon? Let's see what's inside."

"Killua . . . is that really a good idea?" Gon looked uncertain. "I mean, it's Dancho's and we're really not to do with it. Besides . . . it smells."

"Che . . ."

Killua picked up a rock and tossed it, catching it as it fell. He did this a couple of times, before throwing it at Reorio's face with frightening force. The other man dodged it quickly, narrowly avoiding his glasses getting shattered and his nose broken. Killua gave another `che' and left, Gon trailing after him.

"Insolent brat."

"Leave him, Reorio-san," Neon, the woman, chided. "He's young and he grew up around two brothers who are Mugen Ryodan, anyway. He won't do much to Genei, even if he had to join by force."

She twirled her pen in her fingers and tossed her pinkish red hair over a shoulder, before writing energetically on a pad of paper. She was a very good writer and could whip up a contract in less than ten minutes. This was part of the reason why Kuroro let her join, besides that she was his on and off lover.

"Where's Dancho, Neon-chan?"

"Behind you."

Kuroro Rucifer came into the room, dressed in a black, leather coat that billowed out behind him, and black dress pants. His black hair was slicked back, leaving his upturned cross tattoo on his forehead uncovered. His fathomless eyes gave no expression whatsoever.

"Dancho!" The word meant `captain', or `leader'. "There's a box for you. It got nothing suspicious about it, except the weird smell."

"Hontou ka?" Kuroro opened the box. "Ah . . . Yami no Aoryuu."

"Nanda?"

Kuroro stepped back to let Reorio and Neon see what was in the box. Neon gasped and her hands flew to her mouth. One of their men, Tompa, was inside. He was all bloody and beaten with his arms twisted in weird angles, as well as his legs. His face was mangled, nose broken, head severely bashed with broken and missing teeth.

"Tompa was overseeing the club project in Aoryuu territory," Kuroro said. "An experiment. How considerate of Kaiba to send him back in relatively one piece."

"Dancho, he's dead."

The leader looked amused as he faced Reorio.

"Dispose of the body then." He turned to face the dark doorway he had just come through. "We have a new member of our elites. You'll like him."

"Hontou, Dancho?" Neon looked childishly excited. "Dare desu ka?"

"These are elites, Kuroro?"

The smooth, male voice interrupted their conversation, turning all heads to the doorway. Killua and Gon returned at the sound of Kuroro's voice, but stopped as the newcomer walked in. Dark blonde hair fell to the person's pale neck and slim, black shades hid his eyes. These were removed and blue eyes looked back at them all. Pale lips were set in a firm, unsmiling line.

"They aren't all present yet," Kuroro replied. "Nevertheless . . . welcome to Genei Hunter, Kurapika Kuruta."

--------

END BLUE EYES

--------

Author's Notes:

Well, how was the first chapter? I wrote this story at the beginning of this year and I added more to it when I retyped it onto the net. I also added more anime into it so that I have more characters and so this fic will hopefully be very, very long. I like long fics!

If there is something you don't understand, don't hesitate to tell me. I know this fic is rather confusing at first, but if you tell me, I'll clear it up along the way, okay?

^_^ Sooo . . . REVIEW!

Relinquished