Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Ranking ❯ Ranking+Walk Home ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ranking

Chapter 4 - Walk Home

The first day of school is some show. I never thought that college would be like this. I thought that it is a place where grown people would learn to live in peace and don't have to go through any tough problems again. Why does it feel like all those things that I had thought of wouldn't come true.

After I was done with my homework, I decided to go take a walk around the school.

It was one of those clear night skies as I stroll along the sidewalks.

Personally I think having a little excitement would be fun. Every since middle school everybody who knew me would walk away from me. Those who doesn't know me will eventually walk away from. The only person who hangs out with my is Dae. Dae and I were always together and we had a lot of fun. But until the incident that had occurred, others had tried to get Dae to stop hanging out with me. Once in a while Dae was able to get away from other friends and her parents to hang out with me. People all over think I am a crazy girl who would kill if provoked.

I love sighing because it helps lift a little bit of the weight off my shoulders. I always wonder why I had taken the blame. When Cho lied about me forcing her to bring the knife, I lie and admitted that I did. I feel so stupid but I can never leave someone in need. Why can't I be more like my sister. She was always helping me, always there for me and always take my side. But I wasn't there for her before she went away forever.

The damp cool air was pretty relaxing and charming. Every since my sister's death and Cho's lie I became who I am. No matter how hard I help others they still turn their backs on me. Where ever I turn others hurt me, because they thought I forced Cho into something she didn't want to do. So I just stop helping others when they are around.

My sister, my little brother and Dae are the only people that understands me and believes me. But after a few weeks of the incident that occur my sister was killed in a car crash. Dae was forced by her parents not to hang out with me. And my little brother got sick and has to spent most of his time in the hospital

My life is stricter and most of the time I choose to study. That's all I can do...that's all someone can do if they are always alone. But I don't go around complaining to others about my problems. Instead I just ponder about it and wonder what would happen if I didn't do what I did.

I walked out of school ground as I thought to myself and continue walking. I walked into the park-which was supposed to be closed-and took the short-cut to my house.

At first when my parents heard about my so call trying to force Cho they disowned me. Saying I was a disgrace to the family. They gave me 1 million dollars and kicked me out of the house. But My sister came looking for me and dragged me back home to have her say in things. She screamed at my parents for kicking a 14 year old girl out into the world. She also told them that they should know me better because I was their child. She also went into saying that our parents had taught us to help and forgive others even if it hurts, and that is what I am doing. She explain that I am a stupid person but I am stupid only because I am too nice to others. I may be rough and naughty but I would never in the world do such a thing to others.

Slowly I cross the bridge that would lead me home.

My sister was 24 when she died and she wasn't married yet either. Well...she would be married if she didn't die. My father said that when she get marry she, her and her husband would take over the company. But now that she went away...I am the heir to the stupid company. What kind of luck do I have in this stupid world. I don't want to be a business woman, who is going to live her life with papers and math all the time. But I don't have a dream career either.

Our house is one of those rich people house that I hate. My parents likes to show off how wonderful and expensive they can buy things. Our house is the most expensive one in our city, and the largest.

Reaching my home I press the bell. A few second later our maid opened the door for me.

"Ma'am, we weren't expecting you." she said as we enter my home.

"Sorry I didn't call earlier." I said more politely then when I am at school.

At home we are expected to have proper manners, and show respect to any elders even if they are just workers.

That's one thing I love most about my parents though. They may act like they are all rich and everything, but they treat everybody equally. They don't cheat others or use others...but in the business world they would have to though...sad.

"It's alright Ma'am. I will go tell your parents you are home. What would you like to drink?"

She took my light jacket, and offer me a seat.

"No need to tell my parents. I would like a drink of water, and do you know where I put my books that I bought a couple months ago?"

She stood up and thought for a while.

"The ones where there is an ancient Korean house on the cover?"

I nodded my head and she went off.

I digged into my bag and took out my sketch book and a pencil. I love to draw ancient Korean style homes. I always though of having one out in the country where no one could ever bother me again.

"Drawing again I see."

I looked up to see my father walking into the room. Holding on to a brief case. I guess he just came back from work.

"Yes, Father, I am."

Just then mother came in holding a tray of sandwich and three cups of orange juice.

"Hello Honey you're home from work. Hi sweetie how was school?"

My mother loves calling us like that. She personally thinks it will help father from acting too cold, and me to break the ice that separate me from the world.

"Hi Mother."

"Hi Honey."

Father took off his shoes and his business shirt, and lean back on his chair. Mother went over to him and place the juice and sandwich by him and then came over to me and hand me some too. Sitting next to me she looked over my drawings, and smile like she always do.

"Sweetie, these drawings are beautiful. How long does it take for you to draw a picture like this?"

I looked up from my drawing and looked at the drawing my mother had picked up. It was my personal favorite one, because it was the first one I had drawn.

"It doesn't take long if I concentrate really hard on it."

Mother then put the drawing down on my note book, and glanced over to father who was looking over at us.

"Honey, do you want to see it? It is very beautiful."

Without getting answer from father she went and brought it up to him. He took it and looked at it over and over. I saw his eyes twinkle with wonder...like when he has a new idea or saw something unbelievable.

"Min, how and where did you learn to draw like this?"

He asked me as he continue to admire the drawing.

Honestly...I don't know. One day I just thought up of wanting a house all to myself and how wonderful it is going to be. So I just decided to draw the house of my dream and then I learn I love to draw ancient Korean houses.

"It just came suddenly."

Father looked up and raised one eyebrow at me, and put the drawing down. For a second his face became confuse and then serious.

"You know Min...drawing has nothing to do with business."

The look in his eyes clearly show he doesn't want to hurt me, but he doesn't want me to do anything that has nothing to do with business.

I place my pencil down and looked my father in the eyes. He handed my drawing back to me, and I took it from him and placed it with my other drawings. Slowly I packed my things again and stood up.

"I think it's time I go back to my dorm."

As I was about to leave the maid came back with my books and I took it.

"Ahn Min, this is for your own good. Please try to understand." said my father from behind me.

I turn to face him and smile.

"I understand Father. But I still continue to draw."

With that I left my house and went outside into the night.

I understood him alright. He cares about me and wanted the best for me. But I don't want to be a business person. I want to be someone I want to be.