Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Ranking ❯ Ranking+Happy Birthday Lee-Wan ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ranking

Chapter 8 - Happy Birthday Lee-Wan -

It was pretty sunny when school was done.

My whole day was bother either by Jung-sul or both Iseul G. and Joo-Eun. Well, I guess they could be my 'friends.'

I carried Lee-Wan's presents with me to the hospital. I would have taken a cab, but a bus was cheaper and I didn't feel like wasting my money right now.

The bus ride there was kind of noisy. Many students were getting out of school, and a lot of mothers with their little kids.

One kid came up to me and sat on my laps. I was surprise and smile that him. In the child class, smiling to little kids make them feel safe or something.

I looked up to see if his mom was anywhere and was looking at him, but no one was looking at my direction at all.

"Missy, can I have a piece of that candy?"

I looked at where he was pointing and he was pointing at my bag where I put my candy.

I smiled and took out a piece of candy and gave it to him. He smiled at me and thanked me and ran off into the crowded bus.

I didn't see where he ran off to but I didn't see him after that.

I got off the bus and started to walk the remaining way to the hospital.

On my way there it felt as if someone was following me but whenever I turn around there were a lot of people, so I just continue on my way.

But before I went to the hospital I turn the corner to a cake store. Strawberry filling was always his favorite.

When I got to the hospital there was a lot of people there to visit their love ones. I went straight to Lee-Wan's room to show him what I had bought for his birthday.

~~~

"Hi Lee-Wan!"

I greeted him as I entered his room. He looked up at me with those big eyes all excited and everything.
I had to smile because in times like these he still smile, and it just warms me up.

"Older sister, Min! I thought you would forget my birthday and not come."

I went over and pat him in the head and helped him sit up and made it as comfortable as possible.

"Silly, of course I would never forget something this important. See, I even bought the books and songs you wanted last year."

I took out his present that I had wrapped carefully in lunch.

Lee-Wan's eyes widen in happiness and he took it from me. He opened it up and started to laugh.

"You are the greatest sister Min! Just what I wanted!"

Lee-Wan lean forward to hug me and I hugged him back.

He was so small and fragile it made me sad to think that he doesn't have long to live.

I sat back and fixed his position so he would be comfortable again.

"Hey, you know you like strawberry filling cakes right?"

Lee-Wan's eyes open wide again....

"Yes...?"

I laughed and took out the strawberry filling and frost cake.

"Ta-da! Strawberry cake! Strawberry frost and strawberry filling, along with two cups of soft and creamy strawberry ice cream."

Lee-Wan started to clap and laugh out loud.

"You’re the best big sister Min."

I patted his head and smile at him,

"Ha-ha- okay let’s eat before it's time for your rest okay?"

Lee-Wan nodded his head and I cutted a piece of cake and put it on a plate for him, and I also cutted me a piece.

When we finish our piece of cake I opened up his ice cream cup for him and gave him a spoon. We both laughed and ate the ice cream and made fun of each other.

When the nurse came in I took his plate and ice cream from him and the nurse gave him his shots and he went to sleep.

The nurse took me out side of the room and spoke to me.

"Your little brother is improving little by little but the doctors have a feeling that something else might occur. They are not sure but symptoms are starting to show."

That hitted me hard. I mean I know he was sick but I didn't know another sickness was going to take over. And I am hoping with all hopes that other sickness doesn't come.

"The doctors have also said that if Lee-Wan does get another sickness then that would shorten up his life expectancy."

My legs went weak but I didn't fall to the ground. How could all these things happen to just a young person. Lee-Wan has barely seen the real world and that is going to be taken away from him.

"Okay, I will tell that to my parents."

The nurse patted me on the shoulder and left. When she left I breathed in slowly and went back inside the room.

Lee-Wan was sleeping peacefully and I went up closer to him. His face was such an angel. If he grew up to be a man he would be very good-looking. But he might not be able to do that.

I felt the tears but it wasn't coming. My heart hurted but I didn't do anything to ease it too.

I took the cake and gave it to a nurse to keep it somewhere where Lee-Wan could eat it whenever he asked for it.

I left the hospital having the feeling that I was being followed but I didn't really care anymore. Right now my little brother might be dying and I can't help him at all.