Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Ranking ❯ Ranking+$20 bet ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ranking

Chapter 9 - $20 bet -


The bus ride home was a blur to me. When I reached my home, my knees went weak again. Because the thought of Lee-Wan was just too much to bare.

Slowly I looked up at the door bell and thought for a while, before I pressed it. Mother and father came out all dressed up.

"Oh, Min? We were just getting ready to go to Lee-Wan. Want to come along?" said my Mother as she pulled her purse closer to her.

Father smiled at me and added," Lee-Wan always loves his bigger sister."

I started at them for a while and looked down.

My mother got worried and came up close to me.

"What's wrong Sweetie?"

I whisper, "The doctors might have detected another diseases in Lee-Wan. And if it is true then his life will be shorten up."

My mother gasps and fainted. Father and me caught mother. Father turn to me with a stern face.

"Min, are you sure that's what the doctors told you?"

"Yes father. A nurse told me and I came to tell you. I know I can't believe it myself, and I still don't believe myself right now. Because he is my little brother...an..."

Father looked at me for a while and told me to come inside as he carried mother with him up to their room.

After a while father came back down and sat across from me.

"Min, I want you to not worry about this too much okay? You still got school to worry about and your career in business to worry about."

I snap and stood up.

"Is that all you can think right now Father?! Career and school? What about Lee-Wan? He is going to be more hurt and you don't want me to worry about him? I don't care about school right now...I never cared about school. I all know is that I have to go to school."

Father stared back at me and sat straighter in his chair.

"Ahn Min, I just want you to have a good future. You must take over the family business, because your sister is gone. you are the only heir to my corporation. Please try to understand."

I hate his stupid corporation I hate him for what is trying to make me do. I hate it so much.

I calm myself down and said back to father.

"And if I don't want to...can you stop me?"

I turn around and walked out, and behind me I heard my father sigh out loud.

I know I am stubborn and I am going to use it to pursue my dream, and no one or anything will stop me.

~~~

Running back to my room in college, I double check to make sure the group of girls were not following me.

I went and dropped on my bed and sigh out loud. So many things in my head were banged against my fore head; giving me a headache.

Slowly I sat on my bed and took out my homework and start working on it. The funny thing is even homework was too easy and I had already finish it before I knew I was.

I couldn't keep my mind off Lee-Wan and his diseases. I couldn't believe my little brother has an even slimmer chance of surviving.

Slamming myself back on the bed I told myself not to cry. I don't want to cry for anybody even if it was my brother. I don't want to shed tears...that's how cold I have become.

Slowly I drifted off to sleep and began to relax.

~~~

BAM! BAM! BAM!

I jerked up and fell off my bed and landed on the carpet. Looking around confuse I heard more hamming coming from the door.

"Hurry up and open the freakin' door, Min!"

I rubbed my eyes and yawn...

It was only Seung and his loud mouth again.

Getting up I went to the door and unlocked the door and Seung fell into my room.

He got up and grabbed my arm and looked straight into my eyes.

"Min we have to get you out of here now!"

He looked calm but his eyes were looking every where.

"Why? What if I don't want to leave?"

I angrly pushed him out of my room. What a jerk to wake someone up in the middle of the night.

He quickly block the door way so I won't close the door in his face. He simply push the door open again and came into my room.

"Because if you don't leave in a couple of minutes those girls will come here and break down your door and beat you up."

He had me against the wall and had both hands to block me from escaping. He looks irrigated and tired in a way.

"I don't care! I can take care of myself. I don't need anyone's help. Why would you care huh?"

Seung grabbed my arm again and said to me,

"Because I don't want you to use getting beat up as an excuse to back out of our bet."

The stupid jerk!

I turn around and grabbed his arm and twisted it. Then I bend down and brought him over the other side of me. He landed on his back and looked like he got the wind knocked out of him.

I went over to him and put one foot on his chest,

"I told you I can take care of myself. Those girls got nothing. They fight in a pack of group but when it comes down to it techinques are more powerful then a group. One plan can take down a whole amry."

I took my foot off and turn around to go close the door. While I was doing this Seung sat up on my bed.

"You are strong. Okay then, from now on I won't ever try to help you again, if I am going to be landing on my back again."

I went over to my backpack and took out a piece of candy and threw it to him.

"Here...a thanks for warning me, so I won't be taken on by surprise."

Seung took the candy and ate it still looking at me.

A few minutes later both of us heard foot steps from down the hall so I turn to Seung.

"I would have woken up with that kind of walking...more like stomping."

Seung just smirked at me and lay on my bed with his hand behind his head,

"Yeah I guess so. I wanna see how much you can take care of yourself. If you can't and get all beat up, I might feel sorry for you or I might not. A cold-hearted person like you who force her friend to do stupid things still do deserve kindness."

Then he closed his eyes and lay there like I wouldn't hurt him. I walked over to him and was about to hit him, but decided not to because seeing him lose to the bet was much much much more rewarding.

BAM!BAM!BAM!

"Come out Min!"

"Yeah! Come out and face us."

"You heard us! Or are you just a chicken huh?"

I sigh angrly not becuase they called me names, but because I had to wake up and fight.

I went over to the door and put my hand on the door knob.

"Min, if you need help ask me...seriously I might help you."

I glared at him and open up the door.
The group of girl which contain eight girls stood in front of my room.

"What do you girls want?"

They looked into my room and I turn to look and Seung was gone.

Weird...

I turn back and the leader girl slapped me on the face.

I don't know why but the instance she slapped me I had a flashback back to when I was in elementary...

Cho was crying because another girl was throwing sand at her. This was the first time I met Cho. She was a timid little girl and I was a trouble maker.

The other girl pushed Cho into the sand box and started to pick up sand and throw it at her.

I was near by and I started to walk over to ask her why she was being so mean. As I got nearer I saw Cho crying and got angry. I don't know why but I got very angry and pushed the mean girl down.

I ran over the Cho and helped her up. I brushed some sand off her dress and hair. Cho stop crying and hide behind me. I turn around and the mean girl slapped me...

I snap back to reality and push the girl.

"You're that girl from my elementary school that was expelled."

She looked surprise then something on her face showed she knew what I was talking about.

"And you're that same girl I slapped from elementary."

She laughed at me and turn to her firends,

"And you also know what? I beat her in the fight too. She thought she was all that trying to protect her friend. but I beat both her and her litle friend up like nothing."

Lies and lies I think her mouth is born to lie. Just like back then in elementary when both of us were sent to the principle.

I started to laugh and felt very amuse at her little tale.

She turn around and glared her eyes into me, but I didn't really care because I am about to recreate what happened that day back in elementary.

"Haha- Okay then Mi-Sun let's repeat that day then. Just that now we both have our own fighting styles. Now Mi-sun's friend I want you girls to watch this little fight, because I will make it last as long as the fight back then and show you girls who really won."

I laughed again and Mi-Sun ran towards me and tried to grab my hair but I moved and she grabbed my hand.

She looked at me in confusion and I easily turn her around and pushed her on the back.

She staggered back and turn quickly to face me and came at me again.

I duck and tripped her and then easily brought her back up to her feet. I took my free arm grabbed her left ear.

"Now let's go to the principle's office, and tell him what just happen."

Mi-sun's friend were about to come and pound me, but I told them don't even dare. Because I beated Mi-sun up with only one hand. So they backed off and just followed me.

~~~

"What's all this nonsence?"

The principle came out looking very sleepy until he saw me holding onto Mi-Sun's left ear.

"And young lady! Why are you holding her ears like that?"

The office lady glance at me then at then turn to the principle,

"Ms. Ahn said that if you don't don't come to a conclusin to this then she won't let go of this young lady's ear."

The principle turn to look at me and them at Mi-sun. His scowl made him look like santa cluas.

"Ahn Min let go of her ears or I won't deal with it at all."

Please! I said I won't let go until it's deal with.

"Sir, I won't. I said I won't let go until everything is deal and done with."

Looking like he won't be able to do anything he sat down and turn to look at Mi-sun who is pretending to be crying at this point.

"Okay then...Mi-Sun will tell your story first."

We waited as Mi-sun wiped her tears and started to tell the story.

"My group of friends and me were just walking down the hallway and Min came out of her room and said we were to loud. But we told her we weren't and then she got angry and said she will kill us if we didn't shut up. So I told her she should stop acting all tough because she isn't. Then the next second I knew she was on me and hitting me. Then she grabbed my ears and on the way here she threan me to say I was being to loud and that if I don't do what she said she will kill me."

The principle looked bewildered and looked behind me at the group of girls.

I knew they were nodding their head yes the story was true. But I satyed calm and didn't let the story get to me.

"Ahn Min, as the Principle, I have checked your record and found out you have done a couple of things, but one thing you did was made someone else try to kill another person. I have to agree with this young lady here. Her record shows that she is a good and very nice student. You on the other hand may be smart but have a bad record."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He didn't even listen to my side off the story, and he is already making conclusion. This is not fair at all. The one thing I hate the most is unfairness.

Smiling I looked at the group of girls and down at Mi-Sun,

"You, the principle show no respect to your students. You didn't listen to both side of the story and you are already making conclusion. You use what you know from written papers to determine who is right and wrong. I wonder how you became a principle in the first place?"

The principle looked at me and gulped but held his side of the field.

"Okay then...what is your side of the story?"

Holding on tighter to Mi-Sun's ear I began from the beinning.

"On the second day of school Mi-Sun and her group of friends came to me last class of the day. They stood by the door so I won't get in. They sneered at me and said that they are not afraid of me. I said yeah yeah, but they still didn't let me inside. So I told them if they didn't let me inside I would push them. They just kept getting in my way so I pushed them aside and went in. The next day early in the morning they came up to me again and threaned me so I looked up at the ceiling because it was getting annoying. Then I walked away and they said they were going to get me. So it ended right here after the stupid fight."

The principle listen and nodded his head then smile at me.

"But how can that be true? They were never like that. They are well behave students. They never threaned anyone or fought with anyone. All the teacher like these girls and ask for help from them when needed."

I guess no matter what I said he wasn't going to listen to me at all. So I said what I wanted to say.

"So what are you going to do?"

"Let go of that young lady's ear frist."

I looked at Mi-Sun and back at the principle,

"No. Nothing has been dealed with."

Mi-Sun started to cry louder and the office lady started to fidget.

The principle stared at me but didn't have the courage to stare right into my eyes. But I stared right into his eyes because right now I was getting angry.

*knock knock*

Everyone jumped except me.

The office lady went over and open up the door.

There was Seung standing there looking like he was lost.

"Oh there you are Min! I was looking for you. They told me you might be in here. So, are you done yet? Let's go finish up our homework."

I stared at him shock with my mouth kind of hanging open. So I turn back to look at the principle and he looked as shock as me.

Coughing twice he stood up,

"Jung Seung, can I ask you a few questions?"

Stepping into the room full of shock people he nodded his head.

"So, you and Min were studying together?"

Seung took the pencil from his ears,

"Yes, we were studying english together when someone came and started to bang on the door. I think they were telling Min to go out there. Min ignored them and they called her names and everything...like a chicken and all those things."

The principle fixed his shirt and looked at me with a sorry look.

"Then why did she get in a fight?"

"Oh that! Will I got angry because Min didn't do anything, so I pushed her to the door and open it up and ran to hide. I thought Min could settle everything, but from my hidding place I saw Mi-Sun slap Min in the face. Then Min stared back at her dazed for a while then pushed Mi-Sun and said 'you're that girl from my elementary school that was expelled.' Then Mi-sun reply 'and you're that same girl I slapped from elementary.'"

The principle stared at Mi-Sun and me for a while then sigh.

"Now who do I believe?"

Sittting down again and he looked at the group of us.

From some where down the hall we heard people running towards the office.

First popped up Joo-Eun then she was knocked over by Jung-Sul. Iseul G. walked in and stared at them both and started to laugh.

The principle looked at them and cough sternly,

"What's all this nonsence Ladys?"

Joo-Eun push Jung-Sul off and stood back up,

"Min said she was going to help me with my homework, but when she went out of the room she never came back inside."

I stared at her even more shock, then Jung-sul said her part.

"Yeah, I suck at math and she was suppose to help me."

Iseul G. stop laughing and said,

" Yeah, she was suppose to help me with my math and science but she never came back."

The principle listen and rubbed his head and looked back up at me.

"How would I know you didn't threan all these poor kids?

I was about to say something when Iseul G. -miss talk a lot- interrupted me.

"Mr. Principle, let's put all the facts together. First and most importantly of all. We all know Min doesn't like attention, so why would she go outside of her room to make a big rukish. Secondly, Min doesn't go up to people and say things to them. She doesn't like talking to anyone, so she could not have went up to them frist."

"No-no! That's not true! She did come up and open the door and started to say all those things."

One of Mi-Sun's friend said that and Joo-Eun took a step and said,

"I have a video camra."

Everyone turn to look at Joo-Eun, and she put her piece of music sheet down.

"Here."

She walked over to the principle and gave him the video camra.

"How did you get this? This is school property."

Joo-Eun put her music sheet in her bag and cough.

"I said that Min was suppose to help me with my homework. The camra was for me to capture beauty and I thought Min's drawing would do. But when she didn't come back I turn it on and went outside of her room to see what she was doing but then I caught this instead."

Joo-Eun went over to a seat and sat down.

The principle asked the office lady to go get some cable.

When she came back everything was connected up and we watch the tape.

Mi-Sun was luaghind and telling her friends that I was beat up by her and everything back then.I luaghed and she turn to glare at me. I told them I will recreat what really happened that day.

Mi-Sun ran towards me I dodge and all the rest.

When I dragged Mi-Sun off Joo-Eun turn the camra to her face and said "Wow...I would have forgotton someone from that long ago."

Then Jung-Sul and Iseul G. were talking loudly and pushed Joo-Eun over and then we saw their footsteps run out followed by Seung. Then the camra turn off.

Everyone was silent but I was just plain shock and confuse.

"Okay then...Mi-sun you are going to be punish for what you did. Foring lieing and for starting a fight."

I let go of her ears then and she ran up to the principle's desk

"But that isn't fair! Min was hitting me too!"

The principle only nodded his head no.

"I would have punish her for that, but you lied about what she said and did so it canceled out her punishment."

Mi-Sun turn around and faced me,

"This is all your fault. You should have listen to me when you had the chance to."

I just nodded my head and turn to walk out.

"Mi-Sun you will be staying after school to clean up the whole science department, then after that the math department."

I kind of felt sorry for Mi-Sn in a way so I turn around back into the office.

"Sir, I think I should be punish too. I should not have provoked her. If I didn't we wouldn't have got into the fight which had brought us here."

The principle stared at me as I continue to bow at him.

"Raise your head Min."

I raised my head and look up at him.

He sighed and turn to look at Mi-Sun,

"You will be cleaning the Math department, and Min will be claening the science department."

"Thank you Sir."

~~~

Going back to my room Joo-Eun Jung-Sul and Iseul G. and Seung followed me.

Closing the door I turn and glared at them all.

They stared back at me smiling like there will be no tomorrow.

"What was that for?"

Seung stood up and put his arm around my neck,

"To help you duh!"

I pushed him off and said,

"Why would you help me? We are going againt eachother?"

Seung smile and sat down on my bed,

"Haven't you heard of the phrase 'Keep your friends close, but your enemy even closer?'"

Iesul G. turn to Seung,

"Give me the $20!"

Joo-Eun and Jung-Sul snap and lookd at Seung too.

"Yeah you owe each one of us $20."

I lookd at them confuse for a second when something dawn on me.

"Did you guys make a bet on me and Mi-Sun?"

They turn to look at me with guilt.

"Seung said that he will bet us 20 dallors each that you would not take part of the blame."

I sigh angrly and went over to them and push them all out of my room.

Before I close the door in their face I heard laughter.