Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Will We Be ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Silver smiled, “Wow.”
Edward turn back to look at Silver, “What?”
“You stop yelling when he told you too…well almost everyone that tells you to stop yelling or shouting you would. How come when I tell you to you won’t?”
Edward closed his eyes and crossed his arms, “Because you don’t listen to me.”
Silver pouted and turn her head the other way.
“Please explain to me why a common girl like you would talk to Prince Edward like that?”
Lloyd took a step, grabbed Silver by the arm, and lifted her.
“Let me go!”
“Lloyd, it’s okay that is Silver. She is also one of the Chosen ones.”
Lloyd then let go of Silver’s arm and looked at Silver.
“You should respect Prince Edward more.”
Silver glared back at him, “I do, and I don’t want to talk anymore.”
Silver turn around and went back into the castle as Erica came running out from the castle.
“Lady Silver! What happened?”
“It’s nothing Erica.”
Lloyd waited until Silver got inside before he went to his knees and spoke.
“Prince Edward, your mother will be visiting you in about a month. I am here to help you prepare for the grand Ball that she would be expecting.”
Edward sighed, “Stop calling me Prince Edward. Let’s just call me Edward. You’re older than me by one year anyway.”
Edward knew that Lloyd wouldn’t just call him Edward because Lloyd had served his father since he was four, and when his father died, Lloyd went to protect his mother.
Lloyd looked up to Edward, “As the Holy Knight of Gindarh, you are my Prince and I would never call you just by your name.”
Sighing in defeat, Edward turned on his fake prince attitude.
“I’m glad you think so. Let’s go prepare that Grand Ball the Queen is expecting.”
+++
“Does he always act like this?”
Silver took the clothe Erica had and tried to dry her hair. Erica sighed and sat down in front of Silver taking her hands into her own hands.
“Silver, remember…Prince Edward never acted like this before you came…”
Her eyes were full of concern and amusement. Silver noted that and shifted her eyes to the bed instead.
“So he is only acting like this to me huh?”
Erica nodded her head and Silver sighed again in defeat.
“He must really hate me.”
Erica nodded her head in disbelief, took a brush, and started to brush Silver’s brown hair.
“You don’t really believe that he hates you?”
Silver shrugged her shoulder and decided not to open her mouth in fear of getting Erica angry. Silver picked at a loose strand on the bed sheet and stared out in space. Although she doesn’t show it, she is still worry about her brother and how he is doing…did he make it out of the storm? Did he come here too? Was he one of the Chosen Ones? So many questions were randomly popping into her head and she was always worrying, but she never told anyone.
“Silver, can you hear me?”
Erica lightly pulled on Silver’s hair waking her up from her daydream and she blinked a couple times.
“Huh…wah?”
“You weren’t listening to me at all were you?” She had that slightly sadden look on her face.
Silver tried to read her mind, but she blocked it pretty well from her.
“Sorry…”
Erica sighed and smiled brightly at Silver, “It’s all right Silver. I just asked if you want your hair in a messy bun or just like how you had it.”
“Like how I had it.”
+++
“Prince Edward…Prince Edward!”
Edward snapped out from his daydream and looked up at Lloyd confused.
“Oh…sorry Lloyd my mind wondered off.”
Edward took the paper from Lloyd and looked at it.
“We are going to need a lot of flours and sweets if we want to make the desserts cakes and sweet bread.”
“Yes, Prince Edward.”
Lloyd took the paper back and wrote on it and Edward stood up. Lloyd looked up to and brought his hands to Edward’s chest to stop him from going.
“Prince Edward, I’m sorry but we must prepare first. You’ve changed quite a lot since the last time we met.”
Gently pulled Lloyd’s hand away and smiled, “Really?”
“Is it that girl…Silver?”
Edward laughed out loud and placed a hand on Lloyd’s shoulder.
“No, I’ve always been myself Lloyd.”
Lloyd smiled back at Edward, “Your smile is real.”
Edward stopped laughing and stared back at Lloyd.
“What do you mean?”
“You’ve been living a lie since the day your Father, our King, had died. You always smile but what the Queen and I see is a fake face that isn’t the Prince. Others and outsiders may fall for your little trick but not the Queen and I.”
Edward smiled, “I know that Mother and you will never fall for it. Now please let me go, we will come back and do this later after some training.”
The door slammed open and Silver came running in. She turned her head back and laughed, “Ha-ha! You have to get me first!”
Edward sighed and reached out a hand as Silver came by and he caught the back of her shirt.
“What are you doing?”
Edward was getting irritated and Silver smiled up at him.
“Trying to not go run a mile.”
“James! Silver is right here!”
James came running in panting as he thanks Edward and tried to get Silver. However, Silver was trying to get away from Edward and accidently tripped. Edward was taken by surprise and let go of Silver as he fell. Silver was falling too but she stuck her hands out just as Edward did the same and both their hands landed on Lloyd’s shoulder. Then everything went chaotic for a second…then silence….
“You!”
“Lloyd!”
Both Edward and Silver were trying to get up and steady themselves. James helped Edward as Lloyd helped Silver.
When Silver was steady she reached up with her hands to Lloyd’s neck, but he grabbed her hands and looked down at her, “What are you doing?”
“Lloyd, let her…” Edward bended down to grab some paper that had fell.
Lloyd slowly let go of Silver’s hands and she continue up to his neck. She placed her palm on his neck and she felt his stiffen, but then he relaxed and Silver waited. Then she felt it…it brushed against her palm but she knew it was there.
“Edward! Edward! Come here!”
Edward walked over and placed his hands on Lloyd’s neck and he nodded his head. He turned and gave Silver a nod then turned and walked out of the room.
“What where is Prince Edward going?”
Lloyd gently pushed Silver to the side and walked out too. Silver hopped out behind Lloyd and walked by him. He glanced down both side of the corridor but Edward was nowhere in sight.
“Edward is going to go talk with Geno right now.”
Lloyd looked back at Silver and he just stop as he continue to look at Silver. Silver smiled up at him and wonder if his defense was as strong as he looked.
‘Who is this girl? Why is she calling Edward just plain Edward? Is she really one of the Great Warriors?’
Silver smiled and took his arm, “C’mon lets go. Geno probably already ordered them to get the Bath ready before we have known.”
“Bath?”
Silver nodded and led Lloyd to the Bath Room where they had her take the bath.
‘She is such a weird girl…’
“You know, for someone who seems to be very mysterious you are mean.”
Silver pouted at Lloyd and Lloyd gave Silver a blank stare before something clicked into his head.
“You’re reading my mind aren’t you?”
Silver did a ‘duh’ face and pulled Lloyd harder as she heard James behind them panting.
+++
“Silver STAY!”
Silver turn around crossed her arms across her chest.
“Fine, I will stay here.”
Edward sighed and turned to open the door, but Geno stopped Edward with his staff.
“Sorry, Prince Edward, but you must stay here also. When one of the Great Warrior is taking the Bath another one cannot be near or inside the same room.”
With that said Geno went into the room and closed the door in front of Edward’s face.
“Ha-ha! That’s what you get!”
Edward gave Silver a death look, but Silver too occupied at the thought of Geno telling Edward what to do, didn’t see the look.
“What is your problem?”
Silver looked over at Edward and shrug, “I don’t know…why…you tired of me?”
“Of course I’m tired of you. You should spend a few weeks with yourself and see how it is with you around.”
“Ha, that would be a lot of fun!”
Edward sighed again, “Easy for you to say….”
It was silent as both waited in front of the door. Silver was rocking back and forth on her heels and Edward stood tall with his hands behind him.
“Say…Edward?”
“Hmm…”
Silver cleared her throat, “What would happen if one of…we…the Great Warriors die?”
Edward never thought of that before and Silver’s questions rattled him somewhat.
“Why ask such question?”
Silver shrugged her shoulder, “From where I came from…even the best can’t live forever…they will eventually die.”
“If one of us dies then the other three will have to do their best…”
Silver sighed loudly and heavily put her head on Edward’s arm…not tall enough to but it on his shoulder.
“True…but not the answer I was hoping to get…”
Edward stiffened but relaxed up and sighed.
“What kind of answer were you hoping to get then?”
Closing her eyes Silver said softly, “We are all going to be good friends…I hope….”
“What do you mean ‘I hope’?”
Silver lifted her head and hit Edward on the arm, “Stupid.”
“What was that for? You hit hard for a girl!”
Silver crossed her arms and said, “I’m a ‘boy’ so I should hit hard!”
“Oh yeah I forgot about that…”
Silver sighed and rolled her eyes at the same time.
“Seriously, tell me what you mean…”
“You’re a Prince…you tell me…”
Edward then sighed as well and leaned against the wall. Silver shrugged her shoulder and sat down where she was.
“Or I will just tell you then… Well as you know there seem to only be three out of the four Warriors that have been call upon… We don’t know if the fourth would be evil or not… However I have a hunch and that is that the fourth isn’t so evil…”
“You blab too much.”
Silver threw Edward a glare and Edward smiled back.
“You’re mean… I just told you what I meant and you say I blab too much.”
Edward smiled, “Because it is the first time I’ve seen you think too much.”
Silver frowned and thought carefully of what Edward meant.
“And I’m also surprise that you aren’t answering back either…”
Silver ignored him and mentally frowned at herself. She had totally forgotten that she didn’t want the world to know who she was. That’s why she composed her face to someone she wasn’t. Now that she thinks about it, she knew something had been weird. Her stiffness and worry were gone and she didn’t feel any tension at all.
Silver looked back up to Edward and frown, “Huh…did you say something?”
“And as dumb as you look…”
Silver stood up and gave him an angry look, “Dumb? You look like a PIG!”
“You look like a BOY!”
“PIG PIG PIG!”
“BOY BOY BOY!”
Silver grunted and sat back down breathing hard with anger. Edward turned his back to Silver and looked down the other corridor. It was a while before Silver said something.
“I’m sorry…”
“What?”
“Sorry I wasn’t listening to you early it was rude.”
“Humph…”
Silver glowered and stared straight at the wooden brown door.
“You still haven’t told me what kind of answer you were hoping to receive from me.”
Silver blinked in confusion and then she remembered and stood up. She went over to Edward and flicked her fingers on his arm.
“I was hoping you would say that no matter what happens no one is going to die. There is a reason we are the strongest warrior alive. If one of us is going to die, we fight with all our might to save that one. No one is going to die and leave the other three behind…it wouldn’t be complete.”
Edward looked into Silver’s face and never thought Silver would ever say anything like this. To him Silver was a kid who only know how to have fun, but as he looked carefully he noticed not just the kid in Silver but the Silver that can also be wise.
“You do think too much…”
“Arugh PIG!”
Silver punched Edward in the arm. Edward grabbed Silver’s arm so he could bring her in closer and hit her on the head. However, just as he brought Silver close enough the door open and slammed Silver on the back and the force from the door hitting Silver from behind and Edward’s force pulling her in made her lost control of her movements.
Edward had his head lowered so when Silver was close enough he could hit her head and look her in the face to show he was angry, but what came next surprised not just him but everyone around them: James, two mages, Lloyd, Geno, a few knights and wizards walking by, two maids, and one very angry Silver…
When the door slammed into Silver, she pulled to Edward and the next thing anybody knew their lips were touching. Silver’s eyes and Edward’s eyes went huge and they froze in place. Everyone around them also froze except for the two house cleaners who looked like they were about to cry from disappointed.
Just as all of this happened Erica walked into the scene and dropped the clothes, she had in her hands and stared at Silver and Edward with her mouth hanging open.
“AHHH!”
“EWWW!”
Silver and Edward had realized their position and broke apart screaming and yelling.
“You PIG! You are so stupid!”
“PIG? STUPID? Look at yourself!”
“I’m going to kick your ass!”
“Try BOY!”
“I WILL!”
Edward braced himself as Silver ran towards him and tackled him into the ground and he grabbed her by the arm and was about to hit her on the head until someone stopped them both.
“Is this what Geno has to deal with every day?”
Lloyd had Edward in one hand and Silver in the other.
“BOY!”
“PIG!”
“Not this bad…usually they don’t go kissing when no one is around.”
Geno smiled as both Edward and Silver blush bright red.
“I would never kiss a boy like that!”
“BOY? Whoever wants to kiss a PIG?”
Lloyd let go of both of them and Erica came up to Silver.
“Lady Silver, please calm down that isn’t the proper way to act like a Lady.”
Silver stop in mid sentence and closed her mouth, “You know what Erica? You are right…a proper Lady would have to know how she acts like. However, I’m a boy in someone’s eyes so I gotta act like a boy in front of that someone.”
Edward sighed and he relaxed. Looking around he looked back at Silver, “Yes, true you do look like a boy from the beginning. At first I thought you were a boy.”
Silver spun around on her heels and grabbed Erica by the arm, “Come lets go Erica.”
As they left the corridor Lloyd turned to Edward, “Prince Edward, I’ve never seen you act like this before. Also from what I know calling a girl ‘boy’ isn’t a good idea.”
Edward rubbed his chin, “So Geno, what is Lloyd’s scent?”
“Protect is his scent and his scent shape is half a heart.”
Edward gave Lloyd a look and asked, “What color is your half heart?”
“Prince Edward, the color is ruby.”
Edward nodded his head and turn to the corridor back to his office.
“Let’s go talk and about that Ball for the Queen…it might help keep things out of my head.”
Lloyd smiled at Geno, “This is interesting.”
“And you said you would never believe it to happen.”
+++
“I can’t believe that Pig!”
Erica sighed motherly, “Silver, Silver, And Silver…when will you learn…”
“Learn what?”
Erica pulled the strap out of Silver’s hair and started to brush her hair.
“That Edward only does this to you.”
“So?”
“So, I wouldn’t know how to help you. I’ve never been in your situation.”
Silver rested her head on her hands and looked into the mirror. She was still angry and she couldn’t believe their lips had actually touched. Silver shivered and hit her head a little bit to distract herself.
“Hitting your head like that will make you dumb.”
Silver looked at Erica through the mirror, “I’m already dumb.”
Erica sighed, “I don’t really understand it. You of all the women, girls, or say all the female in this world would have been glad to kiss Prince Edward. Yet the one who happens to dislike Prince Edward so much gets to kiss him… This is so unfair.”
Silver frowned, “You think I wanted to kiss him? Ha-ha! I rather kiss a real pig than kiss him. If I had been able to choose I would have replaced myself with you so you could kiss your Prince Charming.”
Erica surpassed a smile, “Ha…Silver you are too kind.”
Silver looked back at Erica through the mirror and thought back to the first time she met her. Every few second of the day they both hanged out together all she talked about was Edward. Now after a few weeks, she was acting shy around Silver and Silver couldn’t understand it. Erica would blush or stutter when Silver did something around Erica.
“Say…Erica?”
Erica lifted her eyes up and looked through the mirror to Silver.
“Yes Silver?”
Silver kept her mouth shut and continue to stare at Erica to see what she would do. Just as Silver guessed, Erica blush bright red and looked back down quickly.
“w-what was that for?”
Silver shrugged, “Just testing something out.”
For the rest of that day Erica avoided Silver’s eyes contact and Silver got really confuse and curious.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++