Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Will We Be ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++
“EEDDWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDDDD….”
Edward stood up, “Stop annoying me Silver!”
“I’m bored.”
“Go play with Erica.”
“I can’t…”
Edward sat back down, “Geno?”
“You made him go with James to go buy some sweets in a village two days from here.”
“Why can’t you play with Erica?”
Silver slumped in her chair and covered her head with her arms.
“Idonsdaosi….”
Edward pulled a strand of Silver’s hair, “I don’t understand what you are trying to say.”
Silver flicked his fingers away, “I don’t understand Erica.”
Lloyd put the papers in front of him down and looked up from the window.
“Why can’t you understand her? From what I know you two are close with each other.”
Silver shrugged her shoulder and sighed out loud.
“If you’re bored then why don’t you help us calculate how much all of these will cost us?”
Edward handed a piece of paper to Silver. She gave one look at it and jumped up, “I hate math!”
“What?” Edward was taken back just like Lloyd.
“I think I have found something to have fun with!”
Silver ran quickly out of the room and kept running…just so she doesn’t have to get to do math.
“I really believe what Geno said now.”
Edward smirked, “Who wouldn’t believe him in the first place?”
+++
Silver wondered down the corridors and down halls looking from room to room. Although she had been here for a month now she hadn’t had time to explore because Edward made sure Geno and James had Silver very busy.
She came up to the doorway that leads outside to the training field. However on the side was another door and once Geno told her, it leads to the kitchen.
Just as she put her hand on the doorknob it slammed open and there stood a big man in a brownish clothe.
“L-lady Silver, what a surprise to have you here? Is there anything I can do for you?”
Silver smiled, “Can I help cook?”
“Why of course but did Prince Edward let you?”
Silver shrugged her shoulder, “Are you the Chef?”
He smiled and his mustache looked like it was smiling too.
“Yes I am.”
Silver smiled back and walked into the kitchen and she was surprise.
“Oh my goodness…”
The Chef walked up to Silver’s side and frown, “I’m so sorry Lady Silver. I will clean this mess up as quickly as I can. All the other helpers are gone to get supplies and I’m the only one here cooking.”
There was a long table going down the kitchen from one end to the other. The mass and size of the kitchen was breath taking. It was as big as the room Edward was going to use as the Grand Hall. Every silver wares were out and being cleaned out. Pots and pans were on the table and some hanged up. On the table were bags of flour and all sorts of stuff. The aroma of the food that the Chef was making was mouth watering.
“N-no…this is amazing… I love it a lot!”
Silver turn and smiled at the Chef with her true smile and the Chef was surprise.
He blushed, “Thank You Lady Silver.”
Silver stuck her hands out in a friendly shake the Chef nervously took her hand and shook.
“Just call me Silver please. What is your Name?”
“My name is Ivan.”
Silver laughed out loud, “Chef Ivan…that’s a wonderful name for such a great chef. Hey can I help you cook?”
Chef Ivan looked like he was about to burst out in tears, “Yes...Lad-…Silver.”
+++
“I can’t believe it!”
Lloyd came up to Edward and placed a hand on his shoulder.
“Calm down Prince Edward… she wouldn’t decide to run off,” Lloyd pause and spoke again, “Even if she did we would know where she is; she always makes a big scene out of everything.”
Edward breathed a sigh and sat down by a window. He rubbed his forehead with his hand.
“It’s not that I’m worry she would run off…what I’m worry about is that she is going to do something bad.”
Lloyd frowned and sat next to Edward, just leaning forward a little bit more.
“You don’t trust her?”
“I do trust her!”
Edward composed himself after he realized he had answered too quickly.
Lloyd smiled and then spoke out softly, “Then why do you worry she would do something bad?”
“She is amazingly unpredictable…it’s like having to watch a kid.”
“So you are saying she might get into trouble because she isn’t listening?”
“Yes…”
Lloyd smiled and stood up, “If you want to find her then let’s continue to look.”
“We’ve been looking for her for an hour now. If you want to find her you would never…but when you least expect she would pop out of now where.”
“Edward! Lloyd! Come here!”
Silver ran quickly down the stairs but then decided to jump down the last three steps and grabbed their hands.
“C’mon! Hurry!”
Lloyd gave Edward a look and Edward said, “I told you.”
“Told me what?”
“He was talking to me Silver.”
Silver shrugged her shoulder as she continued to pull both men up the stairs and to the kitchen.
+++
“Isn’t this good?”
Silver held a spoon out to Lloyd and he took it smiling. He tasted it and looked back at Silver, “You made this?”
“Yes, Lady Silver made it. I was as surprise as you were Knight Lloyd.”
Silver laughed and Edward looked into the pot.
“It looks…very red…”
Silver opened her eyes and went over to Edward, “Here try it.”
“No poison?”
“Lots.”
“No insects?”
“Millions.”
Edward sighed, took the spoon from Silver, and tasted it. The tastes was spicy but not to the point were it would burn the tongue. It had a soupy flavor to it, but a very firm and delicate taste.
“What is it?”
Silver smiled and she forgot she was truly smiling again and it made Edward surprise.
“Ha-ha! My favorite food that my mom makes for me.”
“Well, your Mother really knows how to cook then.”
Silver turn to Lloyd and said, “She is the best cook in our family. However I can never really make this taste like my mom’s food.”
Lloyd laughed at Silver’s innocent statement and Edward nodded his head.
“Silver…ah…Lady Silver; will we be serving this out later?”
“Later? But it won’t taste good anymore when it’s co-“
Silver stop talking and her eyebrows came together. Her hands drop to her side and she stared out into space.
“Silver what’s wrong?” Edward came up to Silver’s side and grabbed her elbow.
Silver blinked and smiled then she turned to Edward and Lloyd.
“How many people are left in the castle?”
Lloyd looked out the window and back at Silver, “Probably twenty Knights, a few mages and wizards, and ten squires. Then there are all four of us here too.”
“Why ask this?” Edward gave Silver a glare as she pushed him aside.
“Chef Ivan, do you use that door that goes outside to the training field?”
“No…why?”
Silver turn to Edward and Lloyd, “This food won’t taste good anymore if it cools down. So let’s bring it out there in the training field.”
Lloyd caught on to Silver’s plan, “I will go round up anybody left in the castle, and tell them to come out for a little break.”
Silver thanked Lloyd as he walked out of the kitchen. Chef Ivan ran out to the training and asked a few knights to come help set out tables and plates. While this was happening, Silver was trying to take the big pot outside all by herself.
‘Stupid Boy.’
“Huh?”
Silver turned around surprise and noticed Edward behind her.
“Stupid Boy? What are you saying you are the Stupid Pig.”
“Here let me help yo—“
Silver gave Edward a confuse look and pause in the middle of trying to lift the big pot up.
“What?”
“Are you sure you want to help? You could help Chef Ivan bring the breads out?”
Edward stopped moving for a second and knew what Silver meant.
“Just because I’m a Prince doesn’t mean I don’t want to get dirty too you know.”
“Why?”
Edward sighed, placed his hand on Silver’s head, and pushed down lightly.
“Come Silver; let’s carry this big thing out there.”
Silver glared at Edward but went up next to him and helped him lift the pot.
“It’s a pot.”
+++
“Ivan this food is awesome!”
A knight came up from behind and patted Chef Ivan’s back hard. Chef Ivan was surprise but he smiled weakly back.
“It’s actually Lady Silver who made it.”
The knight did a ‘oh’ face and went over to Silver. When he got there, Silver and Edward were arguing again.
“Me eat like a Boy? You eat like a Pig who is what of his mind!”
“You gobbled it like a rude BOY!”
Silver was holding a fork and Edward a spoon.
“Please you two, we are outside in front of everyone.” Lloyd was trying to calm both of them down.
“People don’t eat soup with a FORK!”
“Well, I do and this isn’t SOUP!”
The knight sighed and was about to turn around and come back later but Silver decided to jump up now and shout.
“Hey I know you!”
The knight paused and looked back at Silver who was now smiling as if nothing had happened.
“You do?”
Silver got out from behind her chair and went up to him.
“You’re the painting Knight.”
Everyone stop talking and or eating and stared up at both the Knight and Silver.
“My name is Silver. Not Lady Silver, what’s your name?”
“My name is Elent.”
Silver pause as she heard his thoughts.
‘Please don’t say anything about the painting anymore…please don’t…’
“How come you didn’t let me paint the ground blue?”
Edward practically sprayed his food from his mouth onto Silver.
“Ewww!”
Knight Elent gave Silver a confuse look until she winked at him. He opened his mouth to say thanks but Edward was beside Silver already.
“You wanted to what?”
“Paint the grass blue!”
“Are you crazy?!”
“No! You are!”
Edward grabbed Silver by the arm and dragged her out of the training field back into the kitchen. Lloyd stood up but Edward turned around and warned everybody.
“Whoever follows will regret it.”
Everyone stop moving and froze in place. They had never seen Edward act like this before or say things like this before. Edward dragged Silver off and Silver was shouting at him to let go of his arm.
As they got into the kitchen Edward, continue to drag Silver up the stairs up to his office.
“Let me go Edward!”
Silver had never really tried to read his mind before but now she was going to try.
‘I’m going to kill her!’
“AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Let me go! Help anyone help me!”
Edward tightened his grip and dragged harder as Silver tried desperately to get away.
“He’s gone Crazy! HE’S GOING TO KILL ME!”
They go to the door, Edward tried opening the door, and holding on to silver and he found it to be a hard thing.
“Stay still!”
“No! You’re going to kill me!”
Edward smiled to himself knowing Silver would have done something like that. He opened the door threw Silver in and closed the door behind him.
Silver turn around and glared back at him, “I’m going to kill you too if you even lay a finger on me!”
“Why were you going to paint the ground blue?”
“Because I was bored!”
Silver knew it was a lame excuse but oh well.
“Do you know what that means?”
Silver grunted, “To many rules to follow so I wouldn’t care.”
“The grass represents your life and the blue means---“
“I know I know! If you paint the grass blue then you are saying you want to court someone and only boys or guys or men or whatever can only do it and girls can’t!”
Edward looked at her for a while staring at her, “Then why were you---“
“I didn’t know duh! That’s when Knight Elent came and told me not too.”
“Then why did you ask him ‘why’?”
Silver sighed out loud angrily, “Arugh! It has to be you who ask me these questions!”
She tried moving past Edward but he pushed her back in the room.
“Do you like someone?”
This threw Silver off for a second before she understood the meaning of his words.
“Why?”
“You must like someone to want to do that… you are the type to do so…”
Silver was about to argue back and ram but stop herself and smiled evilly. Edward grew more confuse as Silver’s expression change and for some reason he was getting afraid.
“Why ask me this huh? You got angry when you heard what I said. Are you jealous?”
Silver laughed evilly and walked up to Edward. He blushed and stood up taller, “Me jealous of you? You have got to be kidding me.”
“Fine!”
Before Edward knew it, Silver was behind him and had opened the door.
“Silver!”
“Ha-ha! I got away without getting killed!”
Edward ran after her back out onto the training field.
+++
“Silver, I think you should go apologize to Prince Edward.”
Silver sighed angrily beside Lloyd under a tree.
“Why should I?”
Lloyd lay down on his back and sighed as Silver watched everyone put things away from the little break. Edward was helping them pick things up. Silver had wanted to help but Lloyd said it was best if Silver and Edward had some times away from each other.
“You know Edward hadn’t act like this before you came?”
Silver stared out into space, “I know…”
“Please understand him Silver. Edward is trying his best to understand you but he sometimes thinks you are just too weird to understand.”
“That’s his problem.”
Lloyd closed his eyes, “Edward was calm and always smiling even when the situation is bad. His innocence torn away from him at an early age made him into someone even sometimes his own mother doesn’t know. Whenever I am able to come visit him, I would notice the way he looks at life. He thinks that acting like a Prince would make everyone think he has gotten over his Father’s death. However, this just brings more sympathy from everyone around him. All he wants is someone to understand him and treat him like a person and not like a weak person.”
“This is the first time you’ve spoken this much to me.”
Lloyd smiled, “I’m Edward’s friend, and you’re also my friend so of course I’m going to speak more.”
Silver smiled, “Thanks.”
“What for?”
“For being my friend….”
Lloyd laughed and went silent. Silver looked down and noticed that he had fallen asleep. She looked back up, noticed that there were only a few people left, and among them was Edward.
Silver stood up, “Here goes nothing.”
By the time Silver got to Edward, everyone had left to go help clean the kitchen.
“Edward…”
He turned around, saw it was Silver, and turn back. Silver grabbed his arm and went in front of him.
“It’s such a beautiful day. The sun is out and the sky is blue. Let’s take a walk?”
Edward stared at Silver and she stared back too.
“Sure…” Edward sounded defeat.
+++
They were walking around the lake and Silver was first to break the silence, “I’m sorry…”
“You better…”
It was quiet again and this time Silver sighed instead.
“You know how you wanted Lloyd to call you Edward instead of Prince Edward?”
“What about it?”
Silver smiled softly, “He does call you Edward, not just in front of you.”
Edward looked away from Silver and she noticed that his eyes were soft and sad before it was completely cover by his hair.
Silver’s heart started to thump loudly and she blushed, turned her head, and hid her face behind her bangs.
‘What was that?’
Silver patted her chest and Edward turn back to look at her.
“What are you doing?”
“Ahh!”
Edward placed his hand on her head and pushed down, “I wasn’t going to hit you know.”
“Sorry you such scared me…”
They came up to a boulder and Silver ran ahead and sat down on it.
“Edward come sit here! It’s a beautiful view.”
Edward nodded his head and sat next to her.
“I thought we were going to take a walk not sit around.”
Silver ignore him, smiled to herself, and looked out at the lake. Edward looked at her and laughed.
“What?”
“You look like a child who is staring at candies.”
Silver laughed too and then stopped laughing as she looked back at the lake.
“My Mother loved the lake by our house.”
Edward looked to the lake too, confuse at Silver’s change out attitude.
“Really, you talk about your Mother a lot… you must admire her.”
Silver was quite and brought her knees up to her chest. A soft breeze blew pass and a few ducks were swimming in the pond.
“I do…and sometimes when I think of her… I wished that I could have done something for her…”
“What do you mean?”
Edward turned to look at Silver’s face. He wasn’t expecting to see her face crushed with silent sadness.
“My Mother died ten years ago…we were at the lake…and she had a bag of candies with her.”
Silver leaned her head on Edward’s arm and sighed, “Her last words to my brother and me were ‘Come here and mommy will give you candies.’ My brother and I smiled and ran up to her, but as we approached her, something loud snapped close by. There was a shooting among a group of gang members. My Mother was shoot in the head and it blew half her face off.”
Edward continue to stare at the lake wonder why Silver would tell him all this.
“I was afraid and my brother was crying. I grabbed his hand though, and walked up to my Mother. In her hand was the bag of candies that a second ago I had wanted badly. I smelled the fresh blood and my stomach did flips. My eyes were still wide open as I continue to stare at my Mother. I didn’t know what to do so I held my little brother in my arms as he continued to cry.”
Silver stop talking and Edward looked down at her, “Did anyone come?”
Silver nodded her head, “Yes, police came…police is the people who enforces the law…or carry out the law. That’s when they saw us three. They put my Mother in a black bag and zipped her up. That’s when I knew and had to except the fact that my Mother was truly dead. Then the tears came and the pain and longing for my mother burst.”
“Why are you telling me all this?”
“There are two things I want you to understand. First off, you must tell me things about you if I tell you something about me. Secondly, please don’t misunderstand me.”
Edward looked down at Silver and listened. Her voice was coated with her voice that annoyed him, but her face was pure sadness.
He lifted his left hand to hold Silver and comfort her, but just then, she jumped up and went in front of him.
“Oh, I forgot to tell you this. Geno said to give this to you.”
Silver handed Edward an envelope and he took it. He looked back into Silver’s face but every trace of sadness was gone.
“What is it?”
Silver smiled wickedly, “You’ll find out.”
Edward was about to say something but thought better and decided not to. He opened the letter and Silver popped beside him and looked at the letter too.
“What are you guys doing?”
“AHH!”
Silver was about to fall off but Lloyd caught her by the waist and brought her back up.
“Reading a letter Mother sent me.”
“What does it say?”
Lloyd looked at Silver, “You can’t read?”
Silver rolled her eyes, “I can read…just not read this kind of…writing…”
“Different world different writing.” Edward continues to read.
“Lloyd, read it out loud.”
“Prince Edward,
I, as your Mother and Queen, think that because you have come to be the age of eighteen you should find a bride soon. I will see you within next month and I have already invited a few proper girls for you to choose. This is the list of the girls so please look for them during the Ball.
“Then it goes off to telling the list of about…fifty girls…Prince Edward your Mother, the Queen, must really want you to get marry.”
Edward gave the letter to Lloyd and stood up, “No, she wants me to get to know a girl and then fall in love and all those stuff.”
“Huh…the sad thing is Edward is gay.”
Edward spun around and Silver stuck her tongue out at him.
“I am not gay.”
“Yes you are.”
“Prove it!”
Silver came up to him and thought for a while, “You never really try to woo any girls. The only time I see you talk to a girl is when she ask you a question. On the other hand you seem to smile more around guys…you talk more to them…you use that ‘Prince Charming’ charm on the guys…and---“
“You must be out of your mind!”
“No not me! Only you!”
“BOY!”
“PIG!”
Edward turn to leave and Silver followed close behind arguing.
“Where is Geno when you need him…?” Lloyd sighed and followed them both back into the castle.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++