Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Will We Be ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++
“What is this? Why is it so silent?”
Geno turned around and looked at all four Warriors. Luna and Silver together a little distance from Lloyd and Edward who were standing next to each other.
“I hope it wasn’t because of yesterday that drew upon this distance…”
There was still the silence not even Silver said a single word.
“Children…..huh….regardless…I have something to tell you and ask you four. Silver how did you ever came upon a Spirit Demon yesterday? You know Demon Spirits will take your spirit away from you if you disturb it or you happen to come upon it.”
“H—uh…I don’t know…it just floated out of now where and came straight at me…”
Silver stop talking when Edward turn to look at her.
“Yes…Spirit Demons roam around these areas a lot. However, Silver running like that did not solve anything. Right now, outside that, Spirit Demon is out there and we cannot go outside to do any task that needs to be done. You must go out there and destroy it.”
Silver gave Geno a scared looked, “But the book said that Spirit Demons don’t have a body and cannot be harm…the only way people get rid of these things is if they…”
“I will not permit that to happen Silver….” Geno looked upset.
“I wasn’t suggesting that we kill someone and make them take my place. I’m saying that’s the only thing people us to do. So can there really be a different solution?”
Luna jumped up, “Oh Silver! Remember from Final Fantasy games!”
Silver thought for a while, “Yes…”
“Do you still remember how the spirits in there look like?”
Silver’s eyes widened, as she knew what Luna was thinking.
“They look just like that Spirit Demon out there…so if we used…”
“Holy Water…then that Spirit Demon will…”
“Disappear!”
Silver and Luna hugged each other and laughed. Geno lifted his eyebrow and started at the two girls.
“Use what?”
Silver turned to Geno, “Have you ever used Holy Water?”
Geno’s eyebrow came together, “Now why would we use that water? They are to purify for any use but healing…”
Silver gave Luna a smile, “Let’s try.”
Luna nodded her head and ran after Silver as they both made their way to the Holy Water fountain.
+++
“I hope this works!”
Silver and Luna jumped out from behind a bush that was a secret entrance to the castle.
As they came out there was nothing…just plain eerie silence. Both girls looked at each other and gulped.
“I hate ghosts you know that?”
“Silver, now that I’ve seen you like this of course I will believe what you say…”
“Hey—“
“AHHHHH!”
“AHHHAHH!”
Silver threw her bottle up in the air and hugged the person closest to her. Luna did the same as Silver.
“Don’t treat this Holy Water so carelessly!” Whispered Edward.
Silver opened her eyes lifted her head from his chest.
She laughed in relief, “Oh it’s you Edward…ha-ha I thought it was the Spirit Demon.”
Edward sighed and gave back the Holy Water back to her. Edward studied Silver as she placed the Holy Water in a pouch by her side. He guessed she either must have forgotten or forgave him because she didn’t ignore him like this morning.
Luna laughed too, “I’m glad it’s just you.”
Lloyd and Luna seem to cuddle each other, and made Edward and Silver feel very uncomfortable.
“Hey! We are on a mission here for the sake of Gindarh! Save that…lushy-dovey-lovey thing for later when I can’t see and throw up!”
“Silver, be nice to them…”
Silver blushed when Edward touched her and she quickly moved his hands away. Edward saw Silver blushed and looked away.
“Ha-ha! You two…come on and let’s go find this---“
“AHHH! I hate GHOSTS!”
Silver ran up to Edward and behind him. He gave Silver an annoyed look and took out his sword. Lloyd did the same thing. He tried putting Luna behind him but she pushed him aside and went next to him. Lloyd was stubborn so he tried to push her behind him, and then they both forgot about the Demon Spirit and argue who should be in front of whom.
“Here Edward…those two are busy arguing!”
Silver handed Edward the bottle of Holy Water.
“You aren’t doing it? It was your idea?”
They both watched the demon Spirit makes its way towards them. All around them, it grew colder but Lloyd and Luna seem to not notice. The sounds coming from the spirit sent chills down Silver’s spine.
“Let me distract it, and you throw the water on it okay?”
“Okay…on three. One…two….THREE!”
Silver jumped out from behind Edward and tried an illusion trick on the Spirit Demon. It went right through the spirit and came back to Silver.
“AH! It’s a counter illusion!”
The Spirit Demon came straight towards Silver and she fell down on her butt. She took out her little dagger, swore under her breath, and stood up again.
Just as the Spirit Demon was about a few inches, from her face, it vanished and Luna was besides Silver laughing.
“Huh…what happened?”
“The Spirit countered your illusion just as Edward threw some Holy Water on it.”
“Oh…”
Silver sighed and sat down on the ground and crossed her arms…she sighed again.
“What’s wrong Silver?”
Luna kneeled down beside her.
Silver kept silence, stared of into the forest, and sat in a deep thinking trance.
“Silver…”
“Edward, it’s best if you leave her alone…she wouldn’t talk with you if you stay by her side with that kind of face of her.”
Edward looked over at Luna, “Why?”
Luna smiled, “She is thinking…she doesn’t really listen to anyone when she is like that. She is off in her little own world.”
“Come on lets go Prince Edward.”
Edward turned to look at Lloyd too, and sighed, “Nah, I’m going to stay here…and watch her…she is very loud and naughty.”
Lloyd and Luna shrugged their shoulder and went back into the castle leaving Edward and a thinking Silver alone. Edward turned his head and body back to face Silver, but what happen next surprised him out of his mind.
When he turned back silver went on her tippy tiptoe and kissed him on the lips. He froze in place and Silver smiled. Edward felt her smiled and turned red. Silver went back to her normal height and laughed.
“You stole my first and second kiss now I stole your first kiss! Watch out though!”
Silver laughed and ran back into the castle leaving a very stunned Edward standing alone and wondering what just had happened.
He cleared his head by ruffling his hair, “Huh…Silver Silver Silver… I’m never going to get use to you at all.”
+++
“And then it something happened at the end…but all I know is that they didn’t get to be together.”
Silver smiled as she finished her story and sat on the stomp in the courtyard. A group of little kids and young girls…and women sat in front of her crying their eyes out.
“Silver! Are you bullying them?”
Knight Elent came running up to Silver. He stop beside Silver at looked at the crying bunch.
“I’m sorry if lady Silver had bullied you. Please forgive her.”
One of the girls stood up and bowed to Knight Elent, “No Knight Elent, Silver wasn’t bullying us. She just told us a very bittersweet story.”
Knight Elent looked shock but then nodded his head and turned to Silver and bowed, “Lady Silver, Prince Edward wants a word with you.”
“Okay…bye-bye!”
Silver waved good-bye to the group and walked behind Knight Elent back to the castle.
However, when the group thought Silver was far enough they started to talk and Silver heard everything.
“I think those two make a perfect match.”
“Knight Elent and Lady Silver?”
“No…Prince Edward and Lady Silver. Ever since Lady Silver came here, Prince Edward seems to have this different side of charm come out.”
“No…I think Lady Silver fits better with Holy Knight Lloyd.”
“No! Holy Knight Lloyd and Lady Luna are the two best couples how could you say that?”
“Sorry…it slipped…”
“It’s alright…but I also think the two best couple is Prince Edward and Lady Silver. Have you seen them at the Grand Ball a few weeks ago? They said that when Prince Edward walked into the room with Lady Silver beside him…it was the most utmost beautiful thing you could see.”
Silver gagged and tapped Knight Elent on his shoulder. He turn around, “Yes, Lady Silver?”
“Hurry! I don’t wanna listen anymore!”
Knight Elent smiled, “‘Want’ not ‘wanna’ Lady Silver.”
+++
“You can go out now Knight Elent,” Edward waited until Knight Elent went out before he spoke again, “Silver, there is a problem going on in a village south from here. From your studies, you must have come upon it. It is called The Rose Village.”
“Yes…why are you acting so formal? Usually…you would just ignore me?”
Edward continued as if he didn’t hear Silver.
“I take that as a yes. They have sent a letter asking for our help. You know that this castle it mainly run by the people.”
Silver smiled and nodded her head. She quickly ran over to Edward and gave him a huge hug.
“If every government would be as kind as you…I would pay fifty percent of my taxes to them even if they don’t want it.”
“The only reason you can say that is because you would know they won’t take it and you would still have your money.”
Silver laughed and let go of Edward, “Exactly.”
“However, here is the letter and go get ready. I will accompany you on this task.”
Silver frowned, “Can’t Luna or Lloyd come with me?”
“What is wrong with me?”
Silver sighed, shrugged her shoulder, and walked out of the room.
Walking back to her room, she closed the door behind her. Erica stood up quickly and looked at Silver with red eyes.
Silver was shock, “You were crying?”
Erica nodded her head no and tried to go out of the room but Silver held her back and refuses to let her go.
“Erica! Tell me what is wrong! Let me kick whoever did this to you!”
Erica started to cry again and fell to her knees. She hid her face behind her hands and wouldn’t tell Silver what was wrong.
Silver sighed and fell to her knees next to Erica. Silver had never had anyone cried like this before and she did the best that she could. She hugged Erica tightly and told her everything was going to be okay…although she didn’t even know what was going to happen.
Then out of nowhere, “How can everything be okay?”
Erica pushed Silver off and she stood up looking down at Silver through tears. Silver stuttered and stood up as well.
“W-what do you mean?”
“How can it be okay when the problem is you?”
Silver looked even more shock.
“Erica….”
“I can’t stand it anymore! Every time I stay beside you….every time, I laugh with you…every time! You have made me who I am and I cannot turn back! However, I don’t feel regretful that I am like this! Why? WHY?”
Erica ran over to the window and threw it open. She was about to jump out of it, but Silver caught her and threw her back into the room.
“Do you think that killing yourself is worth it? You haven’t even told me what it is and you want to kill yourself in front of me?”
Silver was angry now. She had never felt this angry before in her who life. The tears was about to swell up in her eyes but she held it back.
“Killing isn’t going to solve anything Erica!”
Erica sat there crying as Silver huff her air out in angry breathes.
“Yes,” Erica stood up and pointed her fingers at Silver, “Because the person I love won’t ever love me back!”
Silver’s air was stuck in her throat as she realizes what Erica meant. She couldn’t utter a single word out. Silver nodded her head ‘no’.
“The person I love will never love me back…”
Silver moved her eyes to look at something else and found her voice, “Erica…I don’t love Edward like you think I do…if love is this important to you than go to him…”
“Then why are you like that?”
Silver sighed and looked back to Erica showing concern and sadness in her eyes.
“Because I made you sad…”
Erica came over to Silver and grabbed her into a hug scaring Silver half to death.
“It’s not Edward that I love…it’s you!”
Silver’s eyebrow came together confused at first…but slowly the word’s meaning sink in.
Silver stiffened and turn her head slightly to get a better look at Erica’s face. Erica let go of Silver and stood in front of Silver crying even more.
“You see what I mean now Silver? You will never love me back because you and I are both girls!”
Erica turned around and ran out of the room. She left the door opened and Silver sat on the windowsill and sighed out in mixed feelings. She didn’t know what to feel…sad…angry…confuse…she didn’t know.
“I think it is best if you go after her…”
Silver looked up and saw Luna smiled at her.
“If I could say something to a crying girl to ease her heart I would follow her when she ran out…”
Luna laughed, “You sound so much like a guy Silver…”
Silver stood up, waved Luna aside, and went after Erica.
+++
Silver had run all over the castle and couldn’t find Erica at all. She tried searching her through other’s mind, but they haven’t seen her either.
“What do I do?”
Silver placed a hand in her hair and turn around bumping into Edward.
“There you are Silver! C’mon let’s go…”
Silver’s eyes grew wide, “Edward…I forgot to pack up!”
Edward sighed angrily, “Boy, are you always going to let the way of fun block the way of being a grown up?”
Silver shrugged her shoulder, “I don’t know…you tell me…”
“C’mon let’s go pack up!”
Edward took Silver by the arm and pulled her back to her room.
“Edward! Stop it! I have to find Erica first!”
Edward kept dragging Silver as she tried to use her heel as brakes.
“She is at your room just when I went pass it!”
Silver stop trying to brake and ran ahead of Edward. Edward stared at her for a while then nodded his head left and right.
“Silver….”
+
“Erica!”
Erica looked up and had a bag in her hands and Luna was at her side. Erica stood up, handed the bag to Silver, and smiled.
“You were too busy looking for me so I got ready for you.”
Silver couldn’t speak and looked at Luna and Luna smiled back at Silver confusing Silver even more.
“C’mon BOY! You didn’t pack yet and Erica already did so come on lets go.”
Silver looked back to Erica and frowned, “You’re not upset?”
Erica smiled evilly, “All I know is that Silver is too kind at heart. I will try to get what I want…,” Erica put her face just a few centimeters away from Silver’s face, “That means I will fight with the Prince just so you can turn to love me…”
Silver jumped back and laugh nervously, “Ha—ha! Come on lets go Edward!”
“Huh,” Edward was whisked around as Silver pulled at his elbow.
“Be back early Silver! I’m going to miss you!”
Silver hummed loudly pretending to not hear what Erica had said.
“What’s going on Silver?”
Silver didn’t answer Edward and just kept running until they were outside of the castle gates and on their way.
+
“I guess you are right, Luna…”
Luna smiled and walked over to the door.
“Silver doesn’t want to hurt anybody…she accepts people for who they are. Even if you have feelings for her she will still treat you as a friend of hers.”
Erica watched Luna walk out and turn to look outside. She saw Silver running still holding Edward by the elbow. She smiled to herself,
“Silver…you’re mine…”
+++
“I know it was Erica who made me had those chills!”
Edward sighed and sat down across from Silver angrily.
“Fine…be stubborn like that then.”
“What you angry because I talk about Erica to you?”
Silver pouted and turn her head away from Edward.
The sky was darker now and stars were shining bright. It was something Silver had never experience before back home. It was as if a vast dark sheet sparkled with glitters.
“It is not what you think….”
Edward noticed that Silver wasn’t paying attention to him so he sighed and looked up at the starry night sky.
“Beautiful isn’t it?”
Silver nodded her head and smiled at Edward already forgiving him for not believing her.
“Yeah… I never had time to look at the stars back home…”
“Why is that?”
Silver sighed and looked back down to the fire. She was thinking of how her Father was doing and her younger sister who was only in middle school. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to go home and just think about her family, but she couldn’t find a way home for the past two months and a half.
“I was always busy doing school work. Staying up late to make sure everything was correct so I would get full points.”
Edward chuckled, “That sounds like you…always wanting to most of everything…”
“Yeah…maybe that is it…however…I wanted to be rank or be number one in my class. I wanted to be the top so I would graduate from high school and get into a good college. I want to better my life so I can provide for my Father and two younger siblings. Even if I have to stay up all night just to make sure everything is correct…I will do so…” Silver sighed as she finished her comment.
Edward smiled, “I knew you were this kind of person…”
Silver turned to face Edward and perked one eyebrow up.
“You hide your care for others behind this little silliness of yours…how childish of you…” Edward chuckled again.
“Yeah…if you ever saw me back home, “whispered Silver sadly.
“Huh?”
“Nothing White Haired Pig.”
“What? You are acting like a Boy again!”
Silver pouted and turned away from Edward. She stared out into the forest for a while before she turned around.
“How come I have to come with you? Couldn’t one of your Knights come with you…or Geno…?”
Edward looked up from the stick of fish he had in his hand.
“Geno is with James on a mission…and I think you would personally like this mission…though you get carried away with things so I came along to make sure,” Edward smiled and handed the fish to Silver.
She took the fish from him and took a bite smiling back, “How come Luna isn’t here with me?”
“I had already assigned her a mission with Lloyd. They are probably leaving about now.”
Silver brought her eyebrows together as she sink in the information.
“Why do you run the village like that?”
“Like what?”
“You don’t do taxes and ask money from them at all…why is that?”
Edward sighed and took a bite of his fish. He did not answer for a long time, but Silver did not mind…she likes to know the answer one-way or the other.
“The people are already suffering enough. We do not want to ask what little money they have left. I don’t want my economy to be like other economy.”
“So in order to survive you help the villagers by going on missions so you get your own earnings from a different source. While the villagers go sell clothes, food, and weapons and so on to get money.”
“Yes, that’s what the town follows on. However, if the villagers are in need of help we will help, and if we are in need of help they would help us.”
Silver nodded her head in awe and bit on her finger instead of the fish.
“Ouh…”
“Are you okay?” Edward had instantly come over and took Silver’s hand.
He took it in his own and blew on it. He looked up at Silver and asked again.
“Are you okay?”
Silver was speechless and blushed, “Of course I’m okay…I got tough fingers!”
She yanked her fingers away from Edward and turned around hoping Edward did not see her blush.
However, Edward totally saw her blush and smiled mentally.
“Fine…I was just trying to be nice…”
“Sure whatever…thanks…”
Edward shrugged and as he turned his back to Silver, he smiled to himself and went over to his side of the camp.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++