Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Will We Be ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++
“Lauren and Gary, you two are being punished for stealing from town’s people and villagers. Your punishment will be decided by Lady Silver.”
Edward made a hand movement to Silver, and everyone stared at her. She had never made such a big decision in her life before especially dealing with someone’s life forever.
“Lady Silver, what shall the punishment be?”
Silver looked at Edward and back to the court. Most of them had a worried look in their face as she was going to say something childish like she use too.
“Their punishment will be…”
“Prince Edward, do you really think this is a good idea letting Lady Silver be the punishment giver?”
It was an old court man. He had live with Edward in the castle for fourteen years.
“Are you saying my judgment is wrong?”
Silver instantly brought out her no expression face. She looked down at the court man with no emotion and he stared surprised at her expression.
“Lady Silver seem childish…I don’t think---“
“She was the one who caught them. If she was childish she wouldn’t have the will to catch them other then play tricks with them.”
“Prince Edward, he has a point. My decision with these two may be childish. Please, give your punishment.”
Edward slammed his desk aloud.
“I am the Prince! How dare anyone of you go against me!”
Silver didn’t flinch but everyone else flinched. It was the first time anyone had seen Prince Edward get angry.
“I’m sorry Prince Edward.”
Turning to Silver Edward spoke again, “You make the decision.”
Silver stared at him for a while and then turn to the court people.
“Both men will pay for stealing from others when both knew how hard it was just for them to survive with barely anything.”
Silver paused and looked around the court. Some faces were amazed that Silver had not said anything childish yet.
“They will work for this town by fixing the roads. Cutting woods for anyone who isn’t able to cut woods. They will help clean this town and help the farmers’ farm. This punishment is to set these two straight and make them learn that in life it isn’t all about stealing. Not everything ends at stealing. Both men are still young and still very strong. Why steal when you are capable at working and earning food and money without others tracking you down? I hope this punishment will set both of you straight.”
The same old court man bowed, “For how long Lady Silver?”
“For six months.”
“Lady Silver, six months is too short…do you think both men will learn from their mistake? Once a thief…will always be a thief…”
Silver stared back at him, “Once a thief will always be a thief?”
“Yes, Lady Silver.”
“So once you’re good you will always be good?”
The old court man looked at Silver bewildered. Some other court men turn to talk to someone next to them nodding their heads or pointing at the old court man.
“I didn’t mean it to be like that Lady Silver.”
“Then what did you mean?”
He stuttered, “Are you able to trust these two? If you do then might as well trust every bad people that walk this earth.”
Silver still had her no expression face on.
“What if I do trust every bad person in this world? I’m bad and I trust myself. Prince Edward maybe bad occasionally and I still trust him. Holy Knight Lloyd and Lady Luna are bad and I still trust them.”
“I didn’t mean it like that Lady Silver. I am saying that those who do kill and steal.”
Silver stood up and walked over to the old court man.
“Holy Knight Lloyd killed and I trust him. Teller Geno killed and I trust him.”
“Lady Silver we are getting nowhere.”
Silver looked at him for a while and then went back to her seat.
“It isn’t I that isn’t going anywhere, it’s just you.”
There was silent in the courtroom as the tension between both people continues.
“Lady Silver, please explain why only six months?”
Everyone looked up at Edward as he looked at Silver.
“Six months because I want them to learn how hard people work to get what they want. After that, I want them to go out and work for all the people they have ever stolen from them. For their irresponsible action I will punish them with hard labor work.”
People in the courtroom nodded their head in agreement and some even had a smile on.
“Any more objections,” Edward looked around as they nodded their heads back, “Then take these two out to the fields to help the farmers.”
“Thank you Lady Silver!”
“We will never forget you!”
Two knights came and took Lauren and Gary out of the courtroom.
Silver made her way out of the courtroom as the old court man came up next to her.
“No one has ever gone against me before. Though when you did go against me I wasn’t surprise.”
“Because I’m childish.”
“No Lady Silver, because you stood up for what you believed in.”
Silver eyed him trying to see what his point was.
“I’m just wanted to say you will make a good court woman. An honest one as I have seen.”
“What are you trying to get at?”
The old court man smiled and made a hand gesture, “Follow me Lady Silver and I will explain on the way out.”
It was still early morning. The court meeting took less than an hour to everyone’s surprise.
“Everyone that ever went through me had been long gone.”
“How come?”
“Lady Silver, I as Grant the Court Man, let no one pass without justice. You are ever the first one to send me sitting in my sit silent.”
“You say it like it’s a bad thing.”
Grant laughed, “No Lady Silver. This is good. My sons are all dead now, and I was getting afraid what if my time comes and I have left no one behind to help Prince Edward defend the rights and justice of Gindarh.”
“Your sons?”
“That is something else Lady Silver…now Lady Silver don’t give me that sad look. What happen to that face that you had on early…the one with nothing showing…now that one was eerie?”
Silver was sad because these man was laughing and smiling even when he had mentioned about his sons’ death.
“How many sons did you have Sir?”
“Well now…three sons. Big and tough young men who wanted justice in life. They set out fourteen years ago with our King, and never made it back.”
“That’s sad…”
“Well in a way it is sad…however I should smile always you know Lady Silver.”
“Why? Aren’t you a tad bit sad?”
“Of course I’m sad Lady Silver. However, my sons won’t want me to be sad. They want me to smile and be happy because they have done the right thing. They wanted to bring justice and because they fought for the King, they died. Even if they died, they would be happy because they have made a difference. The world is at peace from that war fourteen years ago.”
Silver looked at Grant and then out at the morning sun that was just getting up as well.
“I wish I could be as happy as you are about someone close to me’s death.”
“It takes time Lady Silver. Many people take death different ways. Many people die many different ways.”
“Though we may be alive and breathing we must do the dead some justice and not make them worry when they are dead.”
Grant turned to look at Silver, “You took that right out of my mouth Lady Silver.”
Silver smiled sadly up at him, “I’m not as childish as you think I am …I choose to be childish because it makes me happy.”
Silver walked away leaving a stun Grant behind.
“If I have known your were this wise Lady Silver, I wouldn’t ever had said it.”
+++
“Prince Edward!”
“You’re just saying that to irritate me right?”
“You got that right!”
Lloyd smiled at Edward and Luna laughed.
“So where is Silver?”
Edward frowned, “I was going to ask if you two saw her on your way back.”
“You lost her again?”
Edward turned to his right to see out into the village when he spotted Silver.
“Nope, she is right there. Hey Silver!”
Silver looked up at Edward as he waved and ran over to her. She wanted to turn her head back and kept walking, but it would make them worried about her for no reason.
“Hi Edward.”
Edward got to her and smiled.
“You want to go see what Chef Ivan can teach both of us?”
“Are you sure you aren’t busy?”
Edward kept smiling but he felt something was off, “Yes, I’m off for today.”
“It’s alright Edward. I have a lot of things to do for Geno. He would be angry if I don’t have the work he assigned for me.”
Silver smiled one last smile and walked off to her room leaving behind three very lost and confuse Warriors.
“Edward, did something happen?”
Lloyd walked up behind Edward and stared after Silver.
“I think it was about this morning…”
“This morning you held a court session right?”
“Yes…”
Luna slowly walked up to the two of them analyzing what had just happened and Silver’s action.
“Edward, why is Silver acting very careful around you?”
Edward and Lloyd turned to face Luna. Luna kept looking at Silver’s back form.
“What do you mean?”
Luna shifted her eyes to Edward, “Silver is being the Silver back at home…the Silver that is extremely careful with those around her.”
“Is that something bad?”
Luna gave Lloyd a worried look, “In a way it is bad. You don’t really know what she is thinking anymore. This worries me. Edward what happened, you have to tell me.”
Edward’s eyebrow came together and nodded his head, “Let’s go to my Study room.”
+++
“Oh…I get it now…she lost your trust for a while didn’t her?” Lloyd scratched his chin.
Edward nodded her head.
“You made her feel like she had lost your trust….”
Luna went over and hit Edward in the head. Lloyd’s eyes almost shot open.
“Luna!”
Luna turned to Lloyd, “I’m Silver’s friend…I can act like myself if I want,” Luna turned back to Edward, “Now Silver would be very afraid of losing your trust again. She is going to be very careful around you from now on.”
Edward rubbed his head, “How do you know this?”
“Because Silver is still being a little careful around me,” Luna sighed and sat down.
“Wait! She lost your trust once?”
Lloyd went over to Luna and sat next to her.
“We were in middle school and she lied to me in order for me not to get in a fight. After that day, I told her I lost my trust for her because she had lied to me. However, when I cool down after a week I apologized for being such a jerk. I knew she was only doing it for my sake. She accepted my apology…though she hadn’t been the same to me ever since that day. She still has that space between us…like if she gets too close she might hurt me.”
Edward listened to Luna’s story, “You assume it was because she was afraid of losing the trust again or just making sure you wouldn’t get angry at her?”
Luna shot a look, “I didn’t have to ask her. I saw the same thing happen to her and her father.”
“How many people have she lost their trust?”
Luna sighed, “The sad thing is Edward is the only one who should lost trust in her for her irresponsible words.”
Lloyd nodded his head, “So you are saying all the other lost their trust for her for no good reason?”
“If you put it like that...”
“How many people have you seen lost their trust for Silver?”
Luna shifted her eyes from Lloyd to Edward, “Before you…it was her father, her three friends before me, and then me…however her father lost trust in her after me.”
“Why her father?”
“Would you believe me if I said it was her father’s girlfriend’s fault?”
Edward looked confuse, “Girlfriend?”
Luna laughed when she realized, “Her father’s new lover.”
“Doesn’t Silver’s mother say anything?” Lloyd looked confuse.
“Her mother past away already when she was six.”
“What happened with her father and the trust thing?”
Luna sighed, “The girlfriend hated the fact that Silver’s father is still taking care of her and her two younger siblings. Therefore, one day she purposely lied to Silver to go out and buy her a drink when she could have done it herself. However, when Silver got back home that woman had physically abused her sister. Silver was outrage and argued with that woman. When he father came back home that woman lied to Silver’s father that Silver had whipped her little sister, and when she tried to stop Silver…Silver argued back.”
Lloyd turned to Edward, “Is there such a woman out there?”
“First one I’ve ever heard off…” Edward shrugged his shoulder back.
“What if you two don’t believe me then fine…”
“No continue on…”Lloyd was gesturing for Luna to continue.
“Silver’s father took out the whip and whipped Silver for an hour. That woman was trying to act all nice by telling him to stop, but Silver’s father isn’t a man to be dealt with. Therefore, he kept whipping her. If you two don’t believe me, Silver still has a scar on her left land. It’s light but you could still see the scar. However, after that Silver did everything she was told to do. Even letting go of the person she loved most.”
“Why didn’t her little sister say anything?”
Luna frowned at Lloyd, “That woman had threaten her little sister that is she said anything she would make Silver suffer even more. Her little sister didn’t say anything when Silver was being whipped in fear of hurting Silver more. Her little sister Lily loves Silver a lot. After their mother died Silver was basically the mother of the family until that woman came along.”
Lloyd whistled and looked back to Edward, “She lives a hard live and is able to continue to smile.”
“No…you’re wrong Lloyd. Silver is acting for everyone. Deep inside she is crying out for help, but on the outside, she hides it behind a face that shows no expression back at home. However, in Gindarh she is able to smile a smile I have never seen before…but sometimes I see her smile and it seem so fake to me.”
“Edward, aren’t you going to ask any questions about Silver? Luna is practically the source book of Silver.”
Luna turned to look at Edward, “Edward?”
“Silver had a lover before?”
Lloyd smiled and Luna nudged him in the stomach.
“Yes, his name is Marcus. She loved him a lot and he loved her a lot. However, her father was so angry with her after that woman lied to her father. Her father had forbidden Silver to go see him. Even though Silver had done what he said and never went to see him again, it wasn’t enough for that woman. She wanted Silver’s father to hate and despise Silver. Just a few weeks later Silver broke up the relationship. I had never seen Silver cried so much before…at first, it worried me and I was by Silver’s side. Then just like that, Silver slowly drew back from the world and kept everything to herself. When her father would whip her or her little sister or little brother Silver would keep silent and do what she can to help her little siblings.”
“So, when did Silver started to act like this?”
Luna gave Edward a weird look noticing how Edward was getting angry.
“Silver and Marcus were in love since they were nine all the way until they were thirteen. Marcus was the only one I have seen made Silver smiled happily and sincerely after her mother’s death. However…now when I see Silver smile it does have that sincere look to it anymore.”
“But I thought you said she hated love?”
“I have said that Silver hated love with an example of what Silver had said. That example was Silver herself.”
“So, Marcus tried his best to get Silver back but she ignore his love and plead,” Edward sounded monotone.
“Yes, Edward…it was Silver…I feel so sorry for her…”
“So her life was that messed up?”
Luna stood up offended, “Her life may be messed up, but you don’t have to make it sound like its bull crap!”
Edward stood up too, “No Luna…I’m sorry if you miss understood…I’m just angry at myself for always being the one to stand back until she apologize.”
Edward turned and walked out of the room leaving an embarrass Luna behind.
“Edward doesn’t admit it but he is in love with Silver,” Lloyd went up to Luna and held her.
“Edward isn’t the only one Lloyd…I think Silver is also in love with Edward….”
+++
“Silver open the door right now!”
Silver went over to open the door confuse at what she had done to make Edward sound so angry. When she opened the door, she was surprise at what happened next.
“Silver…”
Edward grabbed Silver and pulled her in for very tight hug. She was caught off guard and she stood still confuse.
“Edward, are you okay?”
Still holding on to her, “Promise me you won’t be so hard on yourself?”
“Edward what is wrong with you?”
“Promise me you wouldn’t grow distance from me.”
Siler stop trying to get away from Edward. She thought for a while.
“I promise…but why are you acting like this?”
Edward continued to hold on to silver resting his head on the side of her head.
“Please…you are the first person ever in my life to treat me like a normal person than a prince. You don’t know how happy that makes me feel. Please don’t treat me like others have been treating me.”
Silver’s face grew hot, “Edward, are you drunk?”
“No…”
“Then let go of me….”
Edward felt a little bit too warm for Silver’s sake. She sighed and thought about the situation. If she drew back and treat Edward like how she had been treating everyone else back at home…Edward might be very sad…she didn’t want anybody around her sad.
“Edward, remember when you asked me ‘what am I going to do with you?’”
“Yes…”
“What did I tell you?”
“Keep me beside you so you won’t be bored?”
Silver laughed, “Exactly Edward…I’m your friend…I felt ashamed for losing your trust. However, you are crying like a baby so I won’t go easy on you like I have planned.”
Edward released Silver and looked her in the eyes making sure she wasn’t lying.
“I am not crying…”
“Yes you were…my Little Pig was crying to me.”
“BOY!”
“PIG!
+
Lloyd and Luna stop walking and look back up to the castle.
“They are back to normal,” Lloyd smiled.
“They are the weirdest pair I have ever seen,” sighed Luna.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++