Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Will We Be ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++
Four Weeks Later
“Here is a letter from the Queen, Edward.”
Geno handed Edward the letter. Edward opened the letter and started to read it. As he neared the end his expression changed from calm to worry.
“Geno have you looked into who have stolen the scepter?”
“Edward, I have…but I all I see a big explosion. I have a bad feeling about this.”
Edward brought his hands together and went into a deep thinking mode.
“Edward, as I have concluded the scepter along with four other materials is needed to open the gates to the Dark World. Do you think some someone may have stolen it just for the reason?”
Edward looked up to Geno, “I’m not going to argue with that one if you have seen an explosion.”
Both were quiet and in their own thoughts. The atmosphere was growing darker by the moments as Lloyd walked in.
“Edward… Luna and Silver have finally come back.”
Edward stood up, “After three weeks they have come back…I wonder what they were doing…”
Edward left the room with Lloyd leaving Geno behind.
“I wonder what would have happened if I appointed Lloyd to silver and Edward to Luna?”
+++
“Three weeks! You must be kidding me!”
“No I am NOT!”
“BOY!”
“PIG!”
Luna and Lloyd laughed as Silver and Edward yelled at each other.
“I guess that is how they greet each other after not seeing each other for a long time,” Lloyd hugged Luna.
“I think you are right, “Luna hugged him back.
“How come you are yelling at me and not greeting me like him,” Silver turn to point at Lloyd and did a weird face and jumped back, “Never mind about that….YOU ARE AN ANNOY PIG!”
“AND YOU ARE AN ANNOY BOY!”
“SOMONE NEEDS TO FEED THIS PIG SO HE WOULD STOP ANNOYING ME!”
“YOU NEED TO GROW UP LITTLE BOY!”
Silver spun around and went back to the castle shooting out steam as she went. Edward followed close behind still telling her to stop being side tracked and make it in time back.
“Luna, go talk with Edward, I will go talk with Silver.”
“But I know Silver better than you do…and you know Edward better than I do…”
Lloyd smiled down at Luna, “My point exactly Luna. You talk to Edward about Silver’s attitude and I will talk to Siler about his.”
Luna smiled and went off after Edward and Lloyd went off after Silver.
+++
“I can’t believe that girl!”
Luna laughed and sat next to Edward in the kitchen. Chef Ivan smiled also and placed a bowl of grapes in front of them. Luna took it and popped one in her mouth.
“Edward, give Silver a rest.”
“I always do…I don’t understand why she always does that to me.”
Luna offered Edward a piece of grape and he took it.
“Remember Edward, you are the first one Silver has ever acted like this too. If it wa someone else she would be the perfect girl.”
Edward sighed, “Why me then?”
“You asked her to treat you like this remember,” Luna grabbed another grape and ate it.
“I didn’t ask for this…I just ask her to be a friend of mine.”
Chef Ivan laughed and wiped his hand and sat down next to Edward. Chef Ivan had gotten use to Edward and treated him just like anybody he would treat. However, Chef Ivan still has that space showing Edward was still higher than he was.
“This is Silver’s friendship to you Prince Edward. She wants everyone to be happy. How would you feel if Silver was very polite to you. She does what you said, and doesn’t complain and call you names?”
Luna smiled, “Exactly what Chef Ivan said,” Luna placed a hand on Edward shoulder, “Silver wants you to be happy. However, she is just going at it from a different angle…you did tell her your life was dull before she came.”
“Wait! Silver told you that?”
Edward blushed and Luna smiled while Chef Ivan laughed.
“Silver is a girl after all Edward…not a boy…”
Luna stood up, “I need to take a bath…Silver wouldn’t let me take one at all.”
Edward stood up also, “Why?”
“She wanted to hurry up and get back,” Luna winked at Edward and grabbed a piece of grape, “She said if she didn’t get back in time two weeks ago you would be yelling at her.”
Luna walked out of the kitchen leaving a very stun Edward behind.
Edward ruffled his hair and sighed, “So it was Luna who slowed down the job not Silver….”
“I think you should go apologize to Silver…”
Edward smiled at Chef Ivan and nodded his head and turn to leave the kitchen.
+++
“Why does he always yell at me?”
Silver sat down on the stone floor and crossed her arms across her chest. Lloyd sat down next to her.
“Maybe he was just worried about you.”
“WORRIED! You have got to be kidding me…he would rather throw me into a pot of boiling water than worry about me.”
“Now you don’t think Edward would really do that now would you?”
Silver moved so she was facing Lloyd, “Look in my face and see if I’m lying?”
Lloyd laughed and ruffled Silver’s hair, “You are so childish…”
Silver moved her head away and let her messy hair stay.
A few knights walked by and greeted Silver and Lloyd before walking away. Almost everyone in the castle had gotten use to the ruckus Silver and Edward made every time one got back from a job.
“Maybe Edward is concern for you, and you just don’t know it.”
“Why can’t he just ask it out then? He always yells at me like I’m a child.”
“Then stop acting like one,” Lloyd smiled calmly at Silver.
Silver was about to protest but then an evil smile curled itself onto her lips.
Lloyd stops smiling and frowned, “Silver…what are you going to do?”
Silver stood up and rubbed her hands together like a fly.
“Be a grown up…MMUUUAHAHAHAHAH!”
Lloyd sighed, “That wasn’t my point Silver.”
Silver smiled and turn to face Lloyd, “My boy Lloyd…thank you so very much for coming up with this plan…no revenge will be mine!”
Silver stomped off in a marching style and hummed a song along leaving behind a very weary Lloyd behind.
“I thought that if Luna was to talk with you, you might end up like this…with Luna playing along…however I help you come up with a plan….”
Lloyd walked off the other way hoping not to bump into Edward.
+++
“Knight Elent have you seen silver anywhere?”
“No Prince Edward…did you lose her again?”
Edward nodded his head and looked out the window.
“Prince Edward, don’t worries Silver will pop up when she feels like it.”
Edward turned back to him and smiled, then Knight Elent turn to leave.
“Wait for her and she will pop up…ha-ha…Silver has been doing that to me even the first time we met.”
+++
Silver was walking in the courtyard in a dress and had her hair made and had some make-up on. She was going to scared Edward silly.
She was walking knowing she had seen Edward walked into the courtyard. She was walking around and got more confuse because she couldn’t find him at all.
“Young Maiden?”
Silver swirled around and was surprise to set eyes on two bright green eyes. Silver’s heart felt like it had stop beating, as she stared into those eyes.
Slowly Silver took a step back and looked the person’s face. He looked just like Edward, but had green eyes, and his hair was blonde. Other than that, everything was the same.
“I’m sorry to have frightened you, Young Maiden,” He offered his hands to her and she stared at it.
“Ha-ha, are you still scared? You must not know who I am…”
He bowed down to his knees, took Silver’s right hand, and kissed it.
“My name is Knight Thomas. I’m Prince Edward’s cousin.”
Silver could feel her heart beating again…and felt the blood rush to her face.
“Oh…I-I’m sorry…” Silver went down and bowed to him.
“It’s fine Young Maiden. May I get to know your name?”
Silver blushed again, “Silver…”
“Lady Silver…” Thomas seems to be savoring her name as he spoke it.
“Lady Silver, I never knew you would be such a beautiful sight.”
Silver smiled at him for the first time, “Thank you for your compliment. Are you lost?”
Thomas laughed and told her no. Then he asked her if she wanted to walk with him in the courtyard. Silver smiled and said yes. They both walked in the courtyard looking at plants and sometimes Silver would ask what kind of plant it is and Thomas would tell.
A few gardeners, house cleaners, knights, and squire saw this and were confuse.
“What is everyone staring at?”
A knight pointed to the two couples walking in the courtyard. Knight Elent looked also and almost lost in confusion.
“It’s Knight Thomas…with Lady Silver walking by him…with a dress?”
Knight Elent turn around and back up the castle to where he was just talking with Edward.
+++
Edward made his way to the courtyard and Knight Elent following close behind. Edward saw two couples and was confuse for a second.
“That girl is Silver you say?”
Knight Elent bowed, “Yes, Prince Edward that is Silver.”
Edward made his way over to the two couple. Thomas turned around and so did Silver.
“Prince Edward.”
“Edward!”
“It’s been so long Knight Thomas,” Edward smiled to Thomas brightly.
Silver looked at both men and saw how eerie similar they looked like…then Silver laughed out loud.
“Lady Silver, why are you laughing?”
Silver turn to look up at Thomas and smiled, “Because my theory is being proven right.”
Thomas smiled back down at her, “What theory?”
Silver smiled and nodded her head and turn away smiling and walking away.
“Please excuse her childish behaviors Knight Thomas.”
Thomas smiled at Edward, “No, I actually like it. I guess the rumors or Prince Edward being different is true.”
“Rumors?”
Thomas nodded his head and looked back to Silver back form.
“Let’s go talk inside---“
“WAIT!”
Silver came running back and smiled at both people.
“I forgot to give this to you Edward,” Silver handed him a pouch, “Priestess Auo told me to give this to you. It is to help you in the near future.”
Edward thanked Silver and Silver left totally forgetting why she was wearing girl clothes.
+++
“The Queen as told me to come and tell you a message.”
Thomas was on his knees and looked up at Edward.
“Yes…”
“The Queen entrusted you on a mission to find the other four materials before the Dark Lord fines it.”
Edward sat down at his desk, “How does the Queen know about this?”
“I had personally investigated this problem three weeks ago. The bond that keeps the Dark Lord locked up is loosening. He has found a very strong fighter for himself.”
“A strong fighter?”
“Yes, Prince Edward, but more like a Knight. My older brother Christopher had fought with him and is still unconscious. My best suggestion is that that Knight is the Black Knight from the times of Geo.”
Edward had his hard face on. He knew that the time of destruction was coming but didn’t know it was coming so fast.
“Thank you Knight Thomas. Knight Elent please shows Knight Thomas to a room and find a squire to accompany him.”
When they left Edward sat at his desk with his elbow on the desk, and his fingers intertwine.
“This Black Knight…did he also disappeared along with the four Warriors?”
Edward looked up to see Silver. She had changed back to her normal boyish clothes. However, her face wasn’t full of childish reactions…but worries.
“Yes, why? And you were listening?”
“Yes, I was listening…I couldn’t help it.”
“What’s wrong?”
“If the Black Knight had disappeared with the Four Warriors…wouldn’t it mean that when the four Warriors come back he would come back too?”
Edward was trying to understand her, “In this situation then yes.”
“You know Edward…when that huge snow storm came through…Luna and I weren’t the only ones there…”
“Edward!”
The door slammed open and Christopher came running in. Followed by Thomas and Elent…Lloyd and Luna close behind.
Christopher saw Silver and pointed a finger at her, “YOU! You are the Black Knight!”
Everyone gasped at turn to look at Silver. Silver didn’t look up at anyone but the ground. She felt their stares but didn’t give a care in the world.
“You wench! How could you betray Gindarh to that Dark heart monster?”
“Big Brother, please Lady Silver wasn’t anywhere three weeks ago.”
Silver sighed, “Actually…three weeks ago I was on a mission in the western part of Gindarh.”
Christopher pushed Thomas aside, went up close to Silver, and said in her ears, “You were that Black Knight weren’t you?”
Silver turn to look up at him and she had tears in her eyes.
“I knew you were that Black Knight looked just like you!”
Silver pushed him aside and ran out pushing anybody that was blocking her way.
“It can’t be her! I was with her all the time!”
Luna went up to Christopher, pushed him down to the ground, and left going after Silver.
Thomas went over to Christopher and helped him up.
“Brother, Lady Silver can never be the Black Knight.”
“How would you know Brother? You just met her.”
Thomas smiled and pointed to his eyes, “I saw her heart.”
Edward stood up and went over to Christopher, “Tell how the Black Knight looks like. Every detail you can mutter up.”
Standing up Christopher explain, “The Black Knight’s action were as swift as Silver. The blows from the sword are heavy and quickly. The Black Knight is able to heal upon being hurt. The face…just like Silver’s face. I was able to tear off the helmet and it surprised me to see it was Silver.”
Edward analyzed Christopher’s report.
“If you were able to fight Silver…would you be able to analyze the attacks?”
“Yes.”
Lloyd went in front of Edward and his back to Christopher. Edward looked confuse up at Lloyd and Lloyd stared at him hard.
“You are considering Silver as the Black Knight aren’t you?”
Edward sighed and pushed Lloyd aside, “I am hoping I am wrong.”
Edward walked out with Christopher and Thomas close behind. Elent went over to help Lloyd up.
“Could silver be the one…”
“No…I don’t think Silver can be the Black Knight…I saw something else in her face rather than guilt or hatred.”
+++
“Silver, it must be someone else who is trying to ruin your name.”
Luna was trying to comfort Silver. This was the second time Luna had witness Silver cried her heart out.
“Stop crying Silver, this isn’t like you.”
“Yes, stop crying like a baby and fight me Silver!”
Christopher jumped towards Silver with his sword out stretched. Luna stood up to protect, but Silver pushed her aside and brought out her sword that she barely used.
She angled the sword so she could stop Christopher’s movement. Silver looked quickly behind Christopher and saw Edward, Lloyd, Elent, and Thomas all staring at her.
“Pay attention Black Knight…I will kill you!”
Christopher had pushed Silver backward and landed an attack on her right arm…making it bleed. Silver quickly healed it, and jumped at Christopher knowing he wasn’t going to back down. She also noticed how everyone had kept his or her mind extremely tight so she couldn’t read it.
Silver cut Christopher on the left leg, and landed a kick to his other leg making him go down to his knees. Silver quickly swirled around and brought her sword up to his neck.
The motion was so quick it surprised Silver and everyone else.
“Kill me Black Knight!”
Silver lowered her sword, went down to her knees, and placed a hand on his bleeding knees.
“How about instead of killing I heal you,” Silver placed her other hand on Christopher’s heart, and a light green light glowed, “I have healed your wounds that were internally damaged.”
It was silent when Silver was done. Silver smiled down at Christopher and walked away leaving everyone behind surprise.
“She isn’t the Black Knight.”
Thomas went over to Christopher and helped him up.
“She was fast and very swift. She controlled her movements very elegantly.”
Christopher stood up, “However, she is too fast and too strong to be the Black Knight,” Christopher placed his word back, “She healed even faster than the Black Knight.”
Edward went up to Christopher and asked him,
“Silver isn’t the Black Knight then?”
“No…but now I can rest assure that there would be someone who is able to help defend Gindarh very well.”
Christopher nodded to Thomas and they both went back into the castle.
“Brother, she defeated you much quicker than the real Black Knight.”
“Yes, just too quick…I’m glad she isn’t on the enemies side…she could have killed a whole army within an hour.”
Edward turned to look at the two pair and turn back to Lloyd, “Find Silver for me.”
“Prince Edward, I just want to say this to you just once. Silver has always stayed by your side, but whenever something happens and involves her…you blame her almost right there…”
Edward looked away, “I can’t help being the Prince of Gindarh.”
Edward walked away to where Silver had run off. Lloyd stayed back and stared at Edward’s back form, “The Prince of Gindarh…?”
+++
“Silver, wait for me!”
Luna ran after Silver and noticed how hot the sun was getting. She peeked up at the sun and it was probably noon.
“Silver!”
Silver stopped at the flower meadow near the farmhouse. She plopped down on the ground and lay facing up at the sky…laughing.
As Luna got closer to her, she slowed down her speed. Luna frowned sadly, as she realizes Silver was crying and laughing at the same time.
Luna made her way slowly to Silver side and sat down next to her.
“Silver…?”
Silver closed her eyes and Luna watched a tear rolled down to her ears.
“It was Huey…I hope it isn’t Huey though…Huey couldn’t have been the Black Knight…”
Luna narrowed her eyes looking at Silver’s wet face.
“Huey…he is here also?”
“When I ran out…I wasn’t crazy…I knew Huey was out there in the snow storm that’s why I ran out to get him.”
“What if he wasn’t there?”
“He was…he called out my name…”
A soft wind blew on Luna and her scent calmed Silver’s heart down. Along with her scent it made her happy and yet sad at the same time.
It was silent for a while and Silver kept her eyes shut.
“Silver, I know you care a lot about your Brother…but why are you crying?”
Silver smiled, “Because it makes me sad…the day before we came to this world he told me that if being good makes him suffer he would rather be bad like Father’s Girlfriend and win.”
“Your Brother has a good heart. Even if he does join the bad side, it doesn’t mean that he would be bad. He is too good to be bad.”
Silver didn’t say anything and Luna sighed. It was a while before Luna looked up and noticed Edward standing beside her. Luna sighed again, stood up, gave one sad look to Edward and Silver, and walked away leaving both of them behind. Edward sat down on Luna spot and stared out into space looking at the farmers’ farm.
“Luna, I don’t really know myself anymore…I’ve always thought that if I could hide from all these pain I can live my life happily. Should I stop being so rude to Edward and just treat him as I would treat my father? Maybe if I do he might trust me with his whole heart.”
Edward looked down at Silver with her eyes still close. Edward lowered his head and let his bang covered his eyes.
“Do you really feel like I don’t trust you?”
His voice was a mere whisper but it held a lot of emotions behind it. Silver slowly opened her eyes and turn to her side. Her face crumbled in pain as she saw him in a hunch position with tears running down his face. She sat up and stared at him.
“What are you doing here? Stop following me!”
Edward didn’t say anything. Silver sat there getting angrier, and feeling her tears fall down.
“I don’t get why you are crying! No one is hurting you!”
Edward continued to say nothing. Silver felt warm tears sliding down her face.
“Stop CRYING!”
“Do you really feel that I don’t trust you?”
“Shut UP!”
Silver looked at him letting the tears slide down.
“Why are you crying? Stop it!”
“Are you angry at me for being next to you?”
Silver hit him on the arm, “NO! I’m angry because you’re crying! I hate it! Stop!”
“I’m sorry Silver. I’m the bad guy…I’ve always hurt you, and then expect you to apologize first.”
“Shut up!”
Silver wiped her tears and stared at Edward smiling, “See…I’m not crying anymore,” Silver tried turning his face so he could see her smile, “See... I’m smiling so stop crying…”
“It’s my fault you---“
Silver slapped him in the face. He looked stun and surprise. Silver looked hard into his eyes.
“No…it had nothing to do with you Edward. Listen up and closely. I’m crying because I felt like I had been a bad sister. I haven’t taught my brother enough and now he might be the Black Knight. It has nothing to do with you not trusting me! I understand everything Edward. You are the Prince of Gindarh, and you must be fair. You can’t just trust someone because you have known them far more than someone you never knew.”
Silver stood up and pouted at him, “So stop crying like a sobbing Pig. Get up and go eat something…you might become plump again. Crying made you lose like 50 pounds already.”
Edward stood up and stared down to Silver. He made her face him and he pushed her head down, “That’s what you get for slapping me. Why are you not telling me anything you feel?”
Silver punched him in the arm, “Because you’re the Prince. You can’t be selfish….neither can I because I am Varia the Greatest Healer.”
Silver walked off feeling down, but pretended to smile so Edward would stop crying. When Silver saw, Edward cried it broke her heart just like when Marcus cried. All she wanted was for everyone to be happy…not sad because of her.
Edward watched Silver walk away and looked up at the sky. He knew Silver was just smiling fro his sake. Deep inside her must be feeling very sad and upset.
“Chef Ivan you are right…sometimes it is so hard to grasp Silver.”
Edward smelled the fresh air that was coming from Silver as the wind blew and it made him feel free. He ran after Silver, being happy. Knowing it would make her happy at least for now.
+++
“So…the Queen wants us to go out and search for the four remaining materials?”
Edward stared at Lloyd who was busy looking outside the window. He turned to look at Silver who was yawning and looked half-asleep. He then looked at Luna who was busy reading a book.
“What kind of attitude is this?”
“Sure...” Lloyd went over to Silver and held her hand going to his knees, “Silver, will you marry me?”
Luna cracked up laughing and Edward stood up surprise and a little angry.
“WHAT?”
Everyone turn to look at Edward and he looked like he was going to kill Lloyd with his eyes. Luna kept laughing and Lloyd joined him. Silver looked and pretend to laughing looking around confuse.
“This isn’t funny Lloyd. This is important matters.”
Lloyd nodded his head and went back to his seat. Luna wiped a tear, sat back in her seat Silver stop laughing, and went back to looking like she was half-asleep.
“Why aren’t you guys listening to me?”
“Tell us what happened between you and Silver first?” Luna jumped up beside Edward.
“Yes, tell us what happened between you and Edward,” Lloyd went up next to Silver.
“Nothing happened!” Both Edward and Silver said it in unison.
“Really? As I just heard it you two are saying everything the same…you two must like each other?”
Silver stood up and pointed at Edward, “Like a PIG like that? You have got to be kidding me! I would never like a Pig like that.”
“Exactly…I am not gay and will never like a Boy like that.”
Lloyd smiled and Luna frowned. Silver sat back down in her seat glaring at Edward and he looking away from Silver.
“Okay…sorry Edward, please continue on with the situation.”
Edward looked up at Lloyd, “The Queen has a map showing us the way to sword that is up north.”
Silver and Luna perked up their ears, “Up North?”
“Yes,” Edward smiled as he noticed how much Luna and Silver looked like sister.
“Fairies!”
“Elf!”
Silver and Luna looked about excitedly.
“What is so exciting about going up North to see the Fairies and Elves?”
Edward stood up, looked at Luna, and Silver more seriously, “Please take this more seriously. The fairies may not have problems with us, but the elves do. If you do just about anything to them that look like a threat, they will kill you. None of you two can defeat an elf easily.”
Luna and Silver smiled back at him, “Okay!”
Both saluted him and ran out of the room to go get ready. Edward turned to Lloyd and gave him a confuse stare.
“Their age probably?”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++