Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Will We Be ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++
“EDDDDDDWWWWAAARD….”
“Silver stop bothering me!”
“Edward…”
“Silver! Stop it now!”
“I’m bored….”
“Then daydream or something…stop bothering me.”
Silver sighed and looked out to the warm snow under her feet. They have been traveling for three straight days and they had encountered nothing but snow and more snow…warm ones that is…
“I can’t…too much snow to concentrate on a daydream…”
Lloyd surpassed a smiled, “Edward, why are you so annoyed by her?”
“Will…I don’t see her annoying you…”
“Silver, if you stop annoying Edward, he will promise to teach that illusion spell that I told you about.”
Silver’s eyes widened and she smiled brightly. She jumped to Edward’s side, “Please? Please Edward…? I promise not to bother you…”
“No, promise not to bother me again too.”
Silver nodded her head smiling up at Edward. He sighed but then smiled, “Sure…I will teach you that illusion but you must not use it stupidly okay?”
“PROMISE!”
“GEO!”
“VARIA!”
“FLORUS!”
“VENTUS!”
A group of little fairies flew over to the group and Silver spun around.
“Where?”
One of them giggled, “Silly Varia…”
She grabbed Silver’s hand and nodded for Silver to follow her. All the other fairies did the same thing and guided the four companions to their homes.
“Lloyd, I thought you said---“
“Like I had said to Edward….I swore to not call Edward….Edward but I did…”
Silver nodded her head and did an ‘oh’ face.
Slowly the sun came out from behind a cloud and lighted up the snowfield. Making everything sparkle and glitter.
Everyone stared wide eyes at it and had a smile on their face.
“Please, this way….the Queen said you all will come…”
Silver looked down to her little fairy holding her hand.
“The Queen?”
The little fairy nodded her head and led them to a waterfall. Silver gasped as she saw how clear the water was…and how refreshingly cold too. The fairies kept going to the waterfall, and Silver thought they were going to go through the waterfall to the inside cave or something…but they weren’t.
“Varia, this way please….”
Silver followed the little fairy as she led Silver closer to the waterfall. They came up to the side of the mountain and right next to the waterfall. The fairy said something Silver thought was baby talks. Slowly a light glowed from the spot the fairy touched. Then the fairy opened its little eyes and smiled up at Silver.
“Follow me Varia.”
She pulled Silver right through the wall and made Silver jump back. Edward and the rest followed right through without looking around as if they were going to die…*cough cough* Silver….
The inside of the mountain was cool and wet. The only sounds they heard were the giggles of the fairies and the water dripping.
The tunnel was getting wide and Silver looked back and noticed the only light was coming from the fairies.
“I never thought fairies would glow like Twinkle Bell?”
“Silver, that’s kid’s story….”
Silver laughed, “I can’t help but believe it now…I mean c’mon…if I have never came here I wouldn’t believe in magic even if you pull my ears out.”
Luna smiled, “True…”
“Please, Varia…you must be silent or the Elves will think wring.”
Silver covered her mouth with her hands and nodded her head to the little fairy.
They walked for a few minutes until they saw lights up ahead. The little fairies giggled and flew up ahead. Silver ran after them confuse follow close by was Edward keeping a close eye on her.
As they stepped out of the tunnel into the light, their breath was stuck in their throats.
“Oh…this is so beautiful….” Silver walked over a white rose bush.
Luna came over and bends down to smell the rose.
“It smells wonder too…”
“YOU!”
Everyone turn to look at the voice that shouted out to them.
A beautiful Elf Lady jumped down from a nearby tree and walked over to the group. She got closer and closer and everyone gulped.
“Please excuse our rude manners. If we offended you in any way we are truly sorry.”
Edward and gotten in the way of the Elf Lady. She stopped in front of Edward and then turn to look at Silver.
“Are you Silver?”
Silver nodded her head and went over to her.
“I want to fight you for Prince Edward.”
Silver chocked on her spit as Luna came up to pat her back. Edward gave the Elf Lady a look, and Lloyd came over to put a hand on his shoulder.
“Is that a yes?”
Silver stop chocking a little bit and looked the Elf Lady in the eyes.
“And you are?”
The Elf Lady swirled her cloth in the wind, “I’m the princess of the Elves…named after Varia.”
Silver said her name, “Princess Varia…hmmm…”
“So if you are ready let’s fight,” She jumped back and got out her sword from behind her, “Get your sword ready and let’s fight for Prince Edward.”
Silver sighed and walked up to Princess Varia. She took a step back as Silver got closer.
“Are you planning to fight me without a sword?”
Silver smiled and walked up to her…she took her index finger and poked the Elf Princess in the forehead.
Edward and everyone in the background froze and gasped. Some elves that were watching and some fairies that came to see the commotion froze.
“I don’t want to fight you for Edward.”
“Silver, you must have forgotten to do your studies! When an Elf female wants a man she challenges the one that the man is with.”
Silver turn to frown at Lloyd, “But Edward isn’t my man. He is just my friend…nothing more.”
Princess Varia stood up straight, “Are you saying Prince Edward and you aren’t in love with each other?”
Silver laughed at her innocent question, “We are just friends and nothing more.”
“But…aren’t Geo and Varia lovers?”
Silver poked the Princess on her forehead again, “That’s Varia and Geo. Not Edward and Silver.”
Silver turned around with her index finger extended and walked over to Edward.
“Take him if you want…he annoys the living heck out of me any way.”
Silver pushed Edward on the back towards Varia. Varia stared confused at Silver and didn’t move.
Luna walked up behind Silver and whispered into her ears.
“You poked the Elf Princess in the forehead.”
Silver turn to look at her, “So…Edward is a Prince, and you think I give a damn if he is a Prince?”
Luna sighed and nodded her head. Varia walked up to Silver and stared into her eyes. Slowly she looked away.
“You are telling the truth…Let’s go back to my place.”
Everyone even the fairies and elves stared shocked and surprise at what had just unfolded.
+++
“The elves are just like regular humans,” Varia glared at Silver so she quickly added, “Just the chores they do and you know…the regular things…”
“The only reasons humans write stories those elves are elegant and powerful are because humans are a creature that always get stuck into bad thing and doesn’t realize it.”
Silver frowned, “I don’t get it.”
“What she means is that humans are too ambitious.”
Silver frowned this time at Lloyd and he returned her with a smiled.
“You still don’t get it?”
Varia had stop and turn to face Silver.
“What’s wrong with that?”
“That’s why there are so many dark heart humans.”
“So with elves.”
“But not as much…”
“What’s the difference? Elves can be ambitious and so can humans…”
Varia looked like she was about to slap Silver in the face but Edward pulled Silver out of her face.
“Please excuse Silver for her actions.”
Varia smiled kindly at Edward and glared at Silver. Silver shrugged her shoulder at her.
“Humans are always thinking about themselves.”
Silver laughed, “So do you.”
Edward turned to Silver and hushed her. Varia had spun around and walked off…telling an elf servant to take the group to the Queen Elf.
“Silver, please watch your mouth.”
Silver pouted back, “I can’t help it! She is such a conceited elf.”
Luna nudged Silver on the shoulder and nodded her head to the elf leading them. The elf noticed and turn around, “It’s find with me…I find her hard to deal with anyway.”
Lloyd walked up to the elf, “Are you the Princess’ personal caretaker?”
“Yes I am. How did you know?”
Lloyd smiled, “Just by the look on your face.”
The elf smiled and led them into a room that was very wealthy looking.
“Please wait for the Queen to arrive.”
The elf left and everyone stop holding their breath. Edward turned to Silver and pushed her head down.
“What is wrong with you? You could have made us all killed.”
Silver pushed his hands off her head, “Why should I back down to her? She thinks she is all that…just because she is a freakin’ elf.”
“Silver, I said watch your mouth.”
Silver turned her back to Edward, “Fine! Defend your lover all you want. I don’t like Prince and Princess at all.”
“Oh…sounds like someone is jealous…”
Lloyd nudged Silver on the back. She turned around and punched him in the face.
“Ain’t anyone jealous!”
Silver turned to Luna and bowed, “Sorry I punched your lover.”
Silver walked off far away from the group and isolated herself from them.
Edward marched over to her, “Do you really think I think she is my lover?”
“You act like she is!”
“Why are you acting like this?”
“I’ve always been like this!”
Edward pushed Silver’s head down, and she grabbed his arm and pulled. They got into a little fight while Lloyd and Luna sat back watching them fight.
“Do you think we should go stop them?”
Luna sighed to Lloyd, “Yeah…and get punch in the face by Silver.”
“Just as The Queen has told me.”
A soft and yet strong powerful voice echoed merrily through the room. Silver and Edward looked up to a beautiful elf. She was in a dress that was bright blue. It brought out her blonde hair and Silver gray eyes.
“Sorry,” Both Luna and Lloyd bowed as the Queen Elf walked by them.
“No need to bow.”
She walked over to where Silver and Edward were. She smiled and helped both get back up to their feet.
“It’s find if you two fight like this, however, please don’t do it in public?”
Silver nodded her head, “Sorry.”
“Like I said early to Lloyd and Luna…it’s fine.”
Edward bowed too and Silver followed.
The Elf Queen moved over to her desk and stood there looking at all four of them. She slowly sat down and smiled at Silver.
“I heard that Varia and you aren’t getting well together?”
Silver frowned and opened her mouth to say something, but Edward spoke for her.
“Please forgive Silver for her childish action. There was just a little misunderstanding between the two girls.”
Silver sighed and stared at Edward as he bowed his head to the Elf Queen.
“Why bow to me Prince Edward? You and I are both in the same level.”
The Queen sat there staring at Edward and Silver.
“The Queen said that you four are here to get the Sword?”
Lloyd came up next to Edward, “Yes, your Majesty. We came here to get the sword so we can protect it.”
“So are you saying we the Elves can’t protect it?”
Lloyd looked up at the Queen Elf surprise and so did everyone in the room.
“That wasn’t our intention.”
The Queen Elf turned her gaze to Luna, “Then what do you mean?”
Edward took a step, “As the Four Warriors we want what is best for Gindarh. Evil has arisen and they are collecting the five materials that can open the gates to the Dark World. So, we came here in honor of Gindarh to get the sword and protect it.”
“You think the elves can’t do that either?”
Silver held her bubbling anger inside and smiled confusingly. She looked from Edward to the Elf Queen and back.
“Do you?”
“Why are you sounding like you want the role of the Four Warriors?”
Every head turned to Silver and she smiled up at the Elf Queen kindly. The Elf Queen smiled back to Silver and stood up. She paced herself as she walked over to Silver. Lifting Silver’s chin up with one finger, she bends down to kiss her forehead.
“I’m sorry Silver. We Elves sometimes have a hard time knowing that the four Great Warriors are just mere humans.”
Silver step back from her and stared at her kind of angry.
“Mere humans…” Silver looked very upset and turn to look at Edward to say something before she does.
“Queen---“
“I want Silver’s statement.”
The Elf Queen silenced Edward and Silver got angrier. However, she pulled out of non-expression face. Now she looked neither calm nor angry.
Silver bowed, “If the Queen Elf is upset that the four Great Warriors doesn’t contain an Elf than…I as Silver apologize for the hurt.”
Everybody was surprise. Even the Queen Elf wasn’t expecting it to happen.
“Why apologizes for something fate has done?”
Silver looked into the Elf Queen’s eyes and smiled, “Because it was our fault you got upset.”
The Queen Elf stared back at Silver, and everyone felt the tension vibe deepen.
“Are you trying to insult me?”
Silver smiled and shook her head, “No, I’m apologizing from the bottom of my heart.”
“The weird thing is that…you haven’t called me ‘Majesty’ or addressed me at all. Then here you go apologizing to me…making it seems like an insult.”
Silver drew back her fake smile, “I will not address a Queen who can’t be fair no matter if they are an Elf that can kill me or a Human Queen.”
“How am I not fair Silver?”
“Because I am a mere human…I don’t reach the expectations of an Elf.”
The Queen walked back to her seat and sat down with a thump.
“Excellent!”
The instance the word left her mouth the door burst open as all the four warriors took out their sword quickly.
“Well said Silver. I can count on someone who isn’t afraid to back down when justice isn’t being fair.”
An old Elf walked in with a long thing hidden from a light blue velvet cloth. He walked up to Silver and bowed.
“Our Varia…”
Silver looked confuse and the Elf Queen gesture for Silver to take the sword. Silver nodded her head and placed a hand on the sword. Slowly she removed the cloth and took the sword. Silver noticed how old and ancient the sword looked. The once dark brown oak case was now old and light brown. The leather on the handle had worn off on some places.
“Wait…why you just called me Our Varia?”
The old Elf didn’t answer and bow once again before he left.
“Varia had created the Elves with her own will. Varia is like a mother to us all for she had created us.”
Silver smiled guilty as she turn back to look at Edward, “I didn’t read that part yet…”
“You didn’t do your homework?”
Silver turned to Luna, “It’s boring though…”
The Queen Elf raised an eyebrow at Silver’s actions and statements.
“Varia…Silver… as you might realize….you will be the owner of that sword and protect it from evil. You are ever the first one to go against me the Elf Queen….knowing you won’t beat me…and won my respect.”
Silver frowned, “Are you saying…someone else came before?”
The Elf Queen nodded her head and her face lined with surprise and worry.
“It surprised me at first to have him come and ask for the sword.”
Silver almost dropped the sword, “Him….”
“Yes, it is a guy…he is the Black Knight. The Queen had warned me about him. When he appeared here, I was surprise because without the guidance of the fairies no one can come here. However, he had asked for the sword, and when I asked him for his identity he just took off his helmet…”
Silver looked into the Elf Queen’s eyes. Her eyes desperately waiting and searching through the Queen’s own eyes.
“Did he…”
“Varia, he looked just like you.”
Silver dropped both arms to her side, lowered her head, and fell to her knees. Edward ran over going to his knees beside Silver.
“Silver, are you okay?”
Luna and Lloyd made their way over kneeling next to Silver and Edward.
“Varia do you know this Black Knight?”
Silver didn’t say anything…she felt like the one world she had really turned upside down.
The Queen made her way to Silver and looked down at her. Silver stood up letting her bangs cover her eyes.
“Yes…I actually know the Black Knight.”
The Elf Queen nodded her head, “Then we will discuss this tomorrow. I will find you four rooms to rest.”
Some more elves came into the room and escorted each one of the warriors into each different ways.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++