Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Mousse Muad Dib ❯ Back to Nerima ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mousse Muad Dib

By

Mari

Co-author by rob

Disclaimer: Ranma ½ is the Ó property of Rumiko Takahashi. Tenchi Muyo-Universe is the Ó property Kajishima Masaki.

Dune is the Ó property of Frank Herbert. Star Wars is the Ó property of George Lucas.

Chapter 10: Back to Nerima

It took them a while but Mousse and Stilgard managed to make it back to Nerima, Japan in the flitter that Beikng-Pan told him where it was.

"Are you sure you know where this school is?" Stilgard asked over the sound of the engines of the flitter.

"I'm sure." Mousse responded while looking for the Tendo Dojo. "I've been there many of times when ever Shampoo visits there." Luckily for Stilgard that Mousse knows this city pretty well. The two walked along the avenue near the high school that Mousse and Ranma and the others attended , Mousse seems very agitated and nervous.

"What seems to be your problem Mousse." Stilgard inquired softly.

"It's about Ranma." Mousse replied. "He is probably the best I know in martial arts.. he has to my knowledge never been beaten in a martial arts battle. So I am very worried about him. For him to go missing like this , without an clue is very hard to take."

Stilgard nods at Mousse's reply while looking up and down the street they were walking. "Should we then be casing this CAT CAFÉ prior to actually going to see the others then?"

"There has to be a clue to his disappearance. And the only thing I can think of is that it happened at the Café which is run by the Amazons, Cologne and Shampoo." Mousse explained.

"Then we should get going as soon as possible." Stilgard concluded and Mousse nodded in agreement and headed to the Cat Café.

Meanwhile, Cologne and Shampoo were discussing with their 'customers' what to do with Ranma and making some kind of deal. "I say, we kill the intruder." Shinju suggested with an eager look on his face.

"You will not kill Ranma!" Shampoo debated. "By Amazon law, he is my Airen!" She stated her opinion.

"But he came here to spy on us." Ojino countered Shampoo's answer. "He might know much of what we need."

"I promise you that Ranma will not be a problem." Cologne reassured the two Empire Agents. "He probably doesn't even know what's going on and even if he does, we'll make sure that he'll be quiet about it." She confirmed with a wicked grin. "Now what this deal that you want to discuss about?" Cologne now questions their reason for coming here.

"Ah yes, I almost forgot about that." Ojino remembers as he searches through his satchel and pull out a small pouch.

"Aiya, what's in little bag?" Shampoo was getting interested.

"This, my dear, is considered the greatest treasure in the universe." Ojino replied with a fiendish smile and an evil glint in his eye.

"Is it some kind of special gold?" Cologne guessed also with great curiosity about what's in the pouch.

"Something far more valuable than gold." The old man established and looked at Shampoo. "Would you kindly hold out your hand my dear child?" He requested and starts to open the pouch.

Cologne and Shampoo looked at each and Shampoo just shrugged and did as Ojino asked. Then he poured some kind of orange colored powder into Shampoo's hand.

The two looked at the course orange sand in their palms and wondered what these two strangers were about. 'How could this be the most sought after product in the universe?' Cologne thought, her wonder encompassed the grains and she felt with all her skill to try to understand it. But nothing was forth coming.

"Well, you need to eat it." Ojino responded watching the two humans humorously.

"We eat the sand?" Shampoo questioned.

"Why would we want to eat sand" Questioned Cologne suspiciously.

"It's not sand in the sense that you know sand. This is called SPICE." Ojino instructed the two amazons. "When you take it wonderful and powerful things will happen."

"Drugs are not good for the body." Cologne responded throwing the orange powder away from her like poison. Ojino using his telekinetic powers grabbed the grains of SPICE and floated them into a small ball that hovered in front of the elder Amazon.

"It is not like drugs you have here. This is the most powerful substance in the universe, with almost magical properties. When you take it, it will increase your powers, both physical and mental" Ojino explained, using his voice to modulate the mental command to Cologne he said. "Please trust me." Very softly, "It will be more than helpful for you to understand the powers of SPICE."

Cologne looking suspicious grabbed the SPICE floating in front of her and downed the sandy crystals. Shampoo nodding swallowed hers as well.

"When do we notice the difference's you speak of." Cologne inquired. But then a rush of energy surged through both their bodies as the SPICE runs its course.

Shampoo eyes were dilated from the effects of the SPICE but she sees flashes of images in her mind. She stands on a tall summit , the wind blowing in her hair, below her a vast horizon that is hers to control. Then another flash and she is floating in space, curled in a fetal position await rebirth in a strange cosmos, then another flash and she is back on earth she is holding a large car over her head about to smash it down on. Flash… another image appears … flash.. then another then she begins to shake violently as the orangey powder substance racing through her veins and finally collapses.

Cologne just notices Shampoo's reaction when flash.. She finds herself young again standing next to her dead husband, holding his hand in the rain, She can feel the roughness of the calluses on his hands as he turns to her and smiles "What do you want to do today?" He questions. She smiles up at him and .. Flash .. she is standing by a large pool watching her daughter fight on some t'sposeten's ' long fighting poles martial arts teachers use for balance' she watch's and feels proud that her daughter who has inherited her powers and prowess is gaining the upper hand. Her opponent looks familiar, as she peers nearsightedly up to get a better glimpse of him….flash.. she find herself on a desert plain her body feels strange and different she is inching her way towards an oasis dragging her numbing body closer and closer to the water. The heat from the sun minutes ago had been scalding and burning her and causing her untold torment, had turned into a cool bath of light. She felt her strength return and she rises up from the sand and slithers towards the water. As she gets closer she realizes her movements are strange and unknown, 'what is different about me' she thinks she slithers up to the waters edge looking for any sign of the enemy then lowers her head to lick up the precious water, she just glimpse's the bejeweled diamond red and black scales on her face … flash she clings to the side of a large asteroid, space fills her vision she blinks as the fear of falling encompasses her mind and then she begins to shake violently as the orangey powder substance racing through her veins and finally collapses in a heap as well. The two Amazons are now breathing heavily as they are recovering from their reaction to the SPICE.

Several hours go by and Shampoo begins to stir, her mentor and great-grandmother lays breathing calmly next to her. She spy's the old man Ojino she seems to recall his name being sitting quietly talking to his giant manservant . She jumps up and over estimates her spring, she fly's upwards hitting the ceiling lightly and lands catlike back onto the floor, staring at her arms and feet she feels the rush of energy, the power inside her. She actually feels as if she could do anything. She reach's over to the cutlery board and lifts the giant block of wood. Taking it between two hands she flex's her small arms and smiles as she confirms her new found strength. The loud crack startles Shinju as the two look over at the Amazon warrior and smile.

"Was that fast enough for you." Ojino playfully joked with a wicked chuckle.

"Aiya! That was some trip!" Shampoo contemplated while regaining her senses.

"That was incredible." Cologne exclaimed. "Never in my life have I ever experience this kind of power and I've been alive for over 500 years." Then and eager smiled came to their faces. "Where could get this SPICE?" She demanded.

"Yes! Shampoo wants more!" Shampoo necessitated.

"Now, Now ladies, you must know that this is a very controlled commodity. You will find that it is THE most sought after and dangerous item in the known universes." Ojino laughs.

"That doesn't matter." Shampoo replies feeling the power flow through her like electric current. "How long does it last?"

"That depends on your metabolism and species." Ojino continues , not telling them that it is also instantly addictive and that as time progresses for the two powerful Amazon's that they would start to deteriorate until or if they got there next fix of SPICE. "I have never tried it on humans so I don't know what the actual effect duration is." He replied honestly. Though it grated on his nerves to ever be honest with any living being.

"Then please tell us what can we do to get this SPICE." Cologne implored wanting to know about it.

"Well since you asked so nicely." Ojino is pondering a devious plan for these two mighty but credulous Amazons. "There is one thing you can help us with."

"Yes yes, tell us what you want us to do!" Shampoo anticipated, wanting more of the SPICE.

"As we said before, the SPICE is the most sought out source in the universe." Ojino retaliates the story with a holographic device showing an image of the universe. "The only place that has the SPICE is on a planet named Arrakis also known as Dune." He points at small orange colored planet. "This planet is the only in the universe that is the home of the SPICE."

"Only one?" Shampoo repeated, not believing that a small planet is the only that has the SPICE.

"Yes child." Ojino made it clear for her. "Arrakis was once owned by the house of Atreides."

After finishing the long and complicated history of Arrakis, Ojino points to a small black block sitting on the table, "I have been told by your elder council that you two are THE best at assassination."

Cologne just nods her head, as she is given her just due. "I am not here for flattery, How do we get a supply of this so called SPICE of yours and who is it you want dead."

Chuckling at the old ladies forthright attitude he reach's over and on pressing a side of the black block a small hologram of Mousse appears to float above the block. Shampoo hiss's through her teeth at the sight of her friend. "You want this boy killed?" She asks incredulously.

"Yes he is the last remaining heir to the Atreides house, and as such the most deadly of enemies you could ever hope to find." Shinju smiled. "He already has a loyal cadre of helpers including among them the captain of the intergalactic police force, and the Captain and Man'O'Arms of the old Atreides house. Flicking with his mind he changes the profile on the hologram emitter. Showing first one then another of the people that he was talking about. Shampoo looks towards Cologne and starts to wonder exactly what she has gotten herself into with these two outsiders.

"I see, you are aware that the boy is known to both of us." Cologne explains Shampoo's reaction.

"Is that going to be a problem?" Questions Ojino silkily.

"Ye.." Shampoo starts to say.

"NO!" Cologne says firmly standing straighter and looking younger and stronger since her ingestion of the powerful SPICE. "We are professional's and we will do as the council has recommended." She looks at Shampoo and nods to her younger protégé , "You do understand?"

"Yes Sempai!" Shampoo says and lowers her head for a second , then raising her gaze she looks into the eyes of Ojino and gives him a smile that chills the old man to the bones. "I am an Amazon, and I am the one who will take this Contract."

"For a price." Cologne smiles.

Ojino nods and hands over the small bag of spice. "Here is your partial payment. Please go easy on it, as first of all , there is a limit to how much I can procure right now, plus we don't have a full understanding of the effects and how long it will last on your species."

Cologne smiles and the bag disappears inside her gown. "I understand."

The sounds of a commotion startle the four as they stand over the bed of the unconscious Ranma. A waitress comes in explaining that Mousse and Stilgard are at the entrance asking for Shampoo or Cologne to come out.

"I see you won't have to go far for your victim." Shinju laughs darkly.

"Shampoo and I will handle this." Cologne confirmed as she and Shampoo went up to greet their other guests. "You two stay here and watch over the boy." She instructed Ojino and Shinju.

"But if you two kill Ranma then I, Shampoo, will kill you." Shampoo made it clear for them.

"Do not worry about that, dear child." Ojino reassured her. "Just make sure you do your job." As soon as the two Amazons left, the evil old man and his assistant turned back to the sleeping Ranma.

"I do not see why we can just simply kill this boy." Shinju questioned his master's methods.

"Now Shinju, I am a man of my word and if I say that we won't kill him then we won't kill him." Ojino reminded his helper. "Besides, this boy might be a use to us." He assumed. "I sense that he very strong for his age." Then Ojino observe Ranma some more. "Perhaps with a little persuasion, he can join on our side." An evil smile spread across his face as he thought of that.

While back at the Cat Café, Shampoo and Cologne have now greeted Mousse and Stilgard.

"Welcome home, Mousse, we are happy to see you come back." Cologne gave them a false greeting. "And it's nice to see you again Mr. Stilgard. Was the boy any trouble during your trip?"

"Actually no we have grown to be very fond of each other and I have found that he is the one I sought. I would like to introduce you both to the future heir and son of the Atreides house, ruler of the intergalactic palisade, true leader of the Fremin, and prince regent to the royal line of Arrakis." He bowed slightly as he re-introduced their friend to them.

"It would seem you have grown bigger than yer britches young one." Cologne smiled.

Mousse looks around the diner and then looks quickly back at Shampoo; something he just can't put his finger on is different about the two. 'What is it?' he thinks to himself. 'Hmmmm they seem to stand a bit more aggressive as if they were preparing for battle.'

Stilgard puts a guiding hand on Mousse's shoulder and address's the two Amazons. "It would seem a friend was here yesterday looking for two men who are extremely nasty criminals and we fear that he may have come to harm. Have you seen him or do you know where he is."

Shampoo shakes her head in a negative manner. "Yes, Ranma was here yesterday asking questions. He had some noodles and then spying some tall man, who was a stranger here, followed the man out of the restaurant and that is the last we have seen of him."

"I see. Thank you." Stilgard presses his grip on Mousses shoulder and starts to turn. "We should be going."

"What is your hurry?" Shampoo inquires.

"We have another appointment to keep." Stilgard responds

"Why not have some noodles and relax for a bit, we can discuss your travels." Cologne questions.

"As I said we have another prior appointment. Though we do appreciate your offer, we will come over for dinner tomorrow."

The two exit the Café and Mousse looks quizzically at Stilgard as they rush down the street , "Why the hurry?"

"Did you notice their eyes. Or there stance.?" Stilgard inquired.

"They did seem to be acting a bit different." Mousse agreed. "And there was something, I don't know, its almost indefinable, but something was wrong. It was as if they were springs wound to tight."

Stilgard nods and continues walking. "They have your friend, I don't know if he is in the Café or not, but they do have him and he is in great danger."

"How can you tell that." Mousse questioned. Then snapping his fingers he realized the truth of the situation. "Of course. You never mentioned it was Ranma we were looking for. You just said a FRIEND."

Smiling Stilgard looks down at his young charge and sees the man he will become in those understanding eyes. "You catch on very quickly."

"So now what do we do?" Mousse asked his mentor for a plan.

"We need to find another way to get in and save Ranma." Stilgard thinking this over. "Are there any other entrances to the Cat Café?" He queried his young pupil.

Mousse gave it some thought and came up with something. "There's a back entrance of the café and window that they sometimes let open during the hot summer days." He told Stilgard.

"Excellent my prince." Stilgard was glad that Mousse came up with an answer. "Now we must hurry and sneak to the back of the Cat Café and help your friend out of there." He and Mousse quickly double back to the Cat Café.

Back at the restaurant, Shampoo and Cologne were having a debate about if they should go through with this.

"I'm not so sure if I can do this, Great-Grandmother." Shampoo giving her opinion about this whole ordeal.

"Don't let your emotions over come you, Shampoo." Cologne was trying to put some senses in her great-granddaughter. "Think of the SPICE and how much it will make our tribe become more powerful!" She was getting that hungry look for power in her eyes.

"Yes Great-Grandmother." Shampoo remembered. "But Mousse and I have been friends since we were three."

"Listen to yourself, Shampoo." Cologne was getting disappointed about her student. "What ever happen to the same proud warrior that I've been raising since her birth?" She lectured. "We Amazons have been prided ourselves with our strength for generations since time began. And now with this SPICE we can be the most powerful beings in the world. Now I know that you and Mousse have known each other since you were children, but that was the past and this is our future."

"But Great-Grandmother…" Shampoo was about to speak but she was cut off by Cologne with her staff.

"You have a choice, Shampoo." Cologne giving Shampoo and ultimatum. "Ieither we kill Mousse the next time he comes back or face banishment from the tribe."

Shampoo really didn't want to do this but she has no other choice. Banishment is the worst punishment of the tribe. It would mean eternal outcast from everyone in society. Shampoo hangs her head in shame as she holds on to the medallion around her neck. "Yes, Great-Grandmother." She gave her answer. "I will do as you say."

"That's a good girl, Shampoo." Cologne praised with a proud smile. "Now let's back and see how Ranma is doing."

Shampoo and Cologne return to the back room to see if Ranma is doing okay and if those two mysterious strangers haven't done anything to him.

Meanwhile at the Dojo.

"What do you think is keeping them?" Beikng-Pan muttered.

Pacing around the large dining area the black and white panda looked about him. Reaching behind himself he pulled out another one of the mysterious signs that he seems to always have ready for a given situation. ' maybe we should go to the Café and case the joint'

"Case the joint?" Akane rolled her eyes. "You have been watching way to much Police T.V shows." She smiles but looks at the others. "He may be right. If they decided to check out where the last place Ranma was, they may have met Ranma's fate?"

Beikng-Pan getting more and more nervous as the time goes on agrees with her and the group as a whole decide that its time to do a little bit of action.

Back at the Café

Ranma lay on the pallet feigning sleep; he had been awake for awhile, more than long enough to learn about his friend Mousse being the prince of Atreides and the plan to assassinate him. His mind raced on how to get out of the situation without letting his would be kidnappers know that he was awake. Only complete control of his muscles had let him get away with faking his unconscious state. Slowly opening one eye a crack so that he could observe the room, he was able to find that infact the two strangers were sitting at the nearby table discussing in a low voice what to do.

"Soon Shinju, once we rid the last heir of Atreides, the universe will be ours to control" The old man gave out a wicked cackle.

"But master, what about the old woman and that female Amazon?" Shinju asked Ojino.

"You do not have to worry about that, my protégé." Ojino reassures his giant student. "Their usefulness will no longer be need." He smiled evilly. "Sure the SPICE made them more powerful, but what they don't know without a stronger immune system, instead of expanding their lives like it usually does to the Fremin, it will kill them in a matter of days."

Will Ranma escape unscathed? Will Mousse and Stilgard find him before the Amazon's fulfill their contract of death? Will Ojino rule the universe? Find out in our next exciting chapter Battle On