Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting love ❯ a new home ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Serena stepped out of her little car and looked up at the huge mansion her uncle left her. It was way too big for her and Rini to stay alone, not to mention the location was out in the middle of nowhere. But she didn't have many options and it was so nice of her uncle.
 
“What do you think?” she asked, her little 7 year old daughter, who stepped out the car beside her.
“Wow! It's enormous. We get to live here!? That's going to be so cool!” Rini enthusiastically replied bouncing up and down.
“I don't know Rini it's a bit big for just you and me.”
“So, it will be like we are princesses living in a castle. And it is way better than that stinky apartment we live in now.”
“Yeah that's probably true. Well why not at least there is now more rent.”
“Yea” Rini ran up to the front door of the house Serena quickly trialing behind her.
They explored the big house. When they first came in there was a huge staircase that split off into the two wings of the house. To the left the stair case there was a hallway leading to a huge dinning room and kitchen. It also led to a huge indoor garden that had long since died. To the right there were hallways that lead to a huge sitting room with a large fire place. A portrait of the first owner of the house (Darien) hangs over the fire place. Another portrait of him could be found hang on the wall were the staircase split. Both portrait were haunting and looked as if his eyes were following you.
“Creepy” said Serena looking at the portrait on the wall
“Not really” said Rini as she took of up the stairs.
“You have really got to stop running of like that.” Said Serena as she chased off after the hyper child.
The east wing contained guest bedrooms complete with their own bathrooms. Each had a theme and different decorations.
The west wing contained the master bedroom, a study, a libery with a fireplace, several rooms that appeared to be intended for children and a playroom.
The master bedroom amazed Serena and Rini. The bed was easily the side of three kings sized beds, and covered in black sheets and pillows. Across from the bed was a fire place and above than mantle was another portrait of Darien. Connected to the room was a large bathroom with a tube built into the floor. The master suite seemed strangely clean unlike most of the other rooms covered with cobwebs. In fact it seemed as if someone was still living in it and having it cleaned everyday.
“Weird. Oh well looks like this is our room.” Said Serena.
“Lets get settled in.” Serena and Rini unpacked their little belongings into the master bedroom. Having to move some of the original owners stuff aside. It took the about an hour to get settled in.
After that Serena and Rini had to drive all the way out of town to buy grocers and brought a pizza for the night. They finished there meal and cleaned up the kitchen.
“Alright Rini time for bed.” Serena said walking up the stairs holding Rini hand.
“Okay” Rini sighed they got a wicked idea in her head.
“Only if you can catch me first” she said and run off.
 
Serena let out a playful laugh and chase after her. They ran though out the house their laughter bouncing off every wall. Their chase led the into the master bedroom, where Rini dove for the bed and Serena finally caught and began to tickle the life out of her. Laughter lit up the room. Both of them happily playing, both of them completely unaware of another being in the room watching there every move.