Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting love ❯ You are mine ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rini went still. Fear shot through and she did what any 7 yr. old would do; she began to cry.
 
“Awe, little one what's wrong did you have a nightmare?” he said. Rini stopped crying at the question, it was confusing. Why was he asking if she had a nightmare? He was the reason she was crying.
 
“You're scaring her.” Came her mother's voice as she sat up and tried to reach for Rini. She was gently push back down by the man who the put a hand on Rini's head.
 
“Nonsense, why would she be afraid. Of me?” he said as he pet Rini's hair. Strangely Rini felt her fear disappear.
 
“I not afraid.” said Rini. Serena looked at her strange before realizing her own fear was gone. Oddly his presence comforted her. It felt like he belonged with them. This had to be a strange dream. She would wake up tomorrow morning and be fine.
 
“It's late, you two should both go back to sleep.” He said tucking them back in. he leaned over Rini and kissed her forehead. Then surprised Serena with a soft chaste kiss to her lips. He sat up and smiled. Rini drifted back to sleep quickly but Serena stared at him for a little bit.
 
“Rest love, you've been acting strange and probaly just need to rest.” Serena agreed with him. She was convinced that when she woke up this would all be apart of some strange dream. With that last thought she closed her eyes and drifted off into slumber.
 
Serena woke the next morning to find Rini already out of bed. She looked around to find her happily in the kitchen eating cereal. She walked all the way into the kitchen to find HIM sitting across from Rini.
 
“Hi mommy, he helped me get breakfast.” Said Rini.
 
“Good morning darling.” He said. That was it, Serena wanted answer. She grabbed him by the arm and dragged him out of the kitchen, all the way up to the study. She took out his journal.
 
“Are you him?” she asked pointing to the journal. She had to now what on earth was going on. She wasn't afraid anymore, just really confused.
 
“Yes, dear what's wrong?” He said gently, taking the journal from her, and placing it back on the desk.
 
“Why do you keep doing that?!” Serena exclaimed.
 
“Doing what?”
“Calling me things like darling and love.”
 
Then he smiled and wrapped his arms around her. He softly blew in her ear then kissed it.
 
“Because you are mine” he whispered before he disappeared. Now she was spooked.