Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Why Ken Shouldn't Drink Chu-Hi ❯ Ken's Room ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ken was getting really sick of his room.

At first it had seemed like a sanctuary. The one place he didn't have to worry about running into Aya and dealing with all the conflicting feelings that said occurrence would inevitably stir in him.

But after two weeks it had turned into a prison.

No matter how hard he tried to stay out of it, the slightest hint of anything Aya-like approaching him would send him fleeing back to its safety. This in turn made him feel like a coward, and sent waves of anger flowing through him once the door was locked and he was safe. Why couldn't he just get a grip and deal with this? Why couldn't he just accept the fact that he liked his teammate and start getting over it? Why couldn't he ignore the way he felt? Why did it have to be AYA?!

Jeeze...it's no wonder I didn't let myself realize this was starting to happen. My subconscious knows what's good for me, and this is NOT good for me.

About halfway through the second week of all this, Ken had grown so frustrated with his room that he started punching the wall every time he came through the door. His once blank wall was now littered with an array of various sized dents.

It's a good thing this isn't a traditional Japanese house, or Momoe san would have me evicted.

In the long stretches of time which elapsed between his hasty retreats from and re-entrances into the shop, Ken had run out of things to do in his room, and was growing really bored of staring at the battered wall across from his bed.

So, to pass the time, Ken had started naming the dents.

When he started out, he used Japanese names. There was Masato... Akiko... Takako.... Yumi... Takeshi....

But he began getting bored with that and started searching for more interesting ones. Now he had added Isault, Sven, Helen, Maurice, Kathryn, and George. George was his favorite. It looked a little like a rabbit. Ken felt it was more understanding then the other dents.

"What am I doing?!" Ken suddenly asked himself. "I'm talking to the frickin' wall! Congratulations Ken, you have now certifiably lost your mind."

Ken banged his head against his knees a few times before glancing at the clock.

2:30 pm.

He was supposed to hold a soccer practice at three.

Ken sighed, and let his eyes wander to the wall one last time before hesitantly turning the doorknob and exiting his sanctuary/prison/room.

"I hate my life." He mumbled as he descended the staircase and made his way into the kitchen.

He was startled to find a brown paper bag sitting on the table, with 'Ken- kun' scrawled across the front.

Looking inside, he found several onigiri, a juice box, and an apple. There was also a note, which said, "Good luck with your game!" next to a little drawing of a soccer ball.

Ok, so maybe things weren't that bad.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Onigiri = rice ball. I usually try to use as few Japanese words as possible (I have a rant about that if you want to hear it) but I thought "rice ball" sounded dumb in the context of the story.