Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Why Ken Shouldn't Drink Chu-Hi ❯ I.Do.Not.Miss.Ken. ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


"Hey Aya! Get a load of THIS one!"

Yohji then cleared his throat and began to read dramatically:

"My love is like a wilting rose--
That craves a sprinkle
From your hose..."

Yohji was extremely proud of himself for finishing that one with a straight face. He couldn't believe he had actually managed to find crap of this caliber printed in a book, at the public library, no less.

God, life was beautiful.

Aya had his eyes closed and was trying to imagine he was somewhere else. It wasn't working very well, however. When a person has lived for over two years without a single happy memory that didn't come in hand with a lot of pain, well, it's damn hard to find your "happy place."

Aya opened his eyes to find that the oasis meant for the flower arrangement he'd been working on was now reduced to a pile of green powder. He hadn't even realized he was shredding it. Ok, so maybe things were getting to him. Just a little.

Aya silently swept up the mess, hoping to dispose of the evidence before Yohji noticed that he was having an effect on Aya's nerves. There was no way Aya was going to let him realize the success of his tactics. Maybe if he just kept ignoring him, he'd get bored and give up.

Aya glanced to the side and caught a glimpse of the big grin spreading across Yohji's face. No. It didn't look like Yohji getting bored was anywhere in the foreseeable future. He was enjoying his new hobby of Aya- irking far too much.

Quickly ripping his attention away from his blond tormentor, Aya scowled as he walked back to the storage closet in search of a new oasis. His mind started to wander as his hand fumbled around through the floral equipment. He was starting to miss Ken being around. It was really nice working with someone who could understand you without necessarily having to say anything....

Woah! Where did that thought come from?! Yohji must be getting to my head more than I thought....

I don't actually MISS Ken, right? No, I just want to get away from Yohji....

That's right. I just need a break from Yohji. I.Do.Not.Miss.Ken.

Aya mentally reprimanded himself. I must be getting weak if such childish behavior is affecting me like this. I need to do something about this. NOW.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

After his shift ended, Aya decided it was his turn to take a trip to the library. It was one place he could go and be guaranteed peace and quiet. He also hoped he could find a book that might help him deal with his new assault of mental stress.

He walked past the 'self help' section, but couldn't bring himself to stop there. Things hadn't gotten that bad. Not yet, anyway.

He found himself confronted by a wall of religion and philosophy texts. A rather lengthy volume on Zen caught his eye, in particular.

Hm, maybe I should give meditating a try? That might help me ignore Yohji....

Aya pulled the book down from its station on the shelf. It didn't look as though it had been read in a very long time. He tucked it under his arm, and confidently headed over to a grouping of slouchy looking chairs.

The idiocy ends here. This is no longer going to get to me. Things are going back to NORMAL.

But after two and a half hours of diligently searching the book for answers, Aya only felt worse.

Before he had even gotten to the section on meditation, he had had to read through pages and pages of lessons preaching the importance of peace and nonviolence. He felt like a hypocrite. And then when he finally found the chapter on Zazen, well, he had to read all about how you were supposed to meditate to bring you closer to enlightenment and--

Enlightenment. Ha. I don't for a second entertain that I'm headed anywhere other than Hell....

But Aya gave it a try anyway. And failed. His attempt to completely clear his mind of thoughts had only led him to wonder if this was what being in a coma felt like....

He slammed the book shut and thrust it back onto the shelf.

I suppose that sort of thing doesn't work for people who use it for the wrong reasons...

Aya sighed and left the library. He needed some coffee. Some very strong coffee.