Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ In Jaden's Shadow ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In Jaden's Shadow Chapter Six By KellyQ

After Syrus had kissed Johan by accident, the European teen ran out of the hospital feeling quite shocked. Syrus really loved Jaden, Johan thought. More than I could love him ... The young man was so deep in thought he didn't realize that his foster father, Cobra, was standing at the doorway to his room with the psychology paper in his hand.

"Is there anything you want to share with me?" Cobra finally asked. After a moment of waiting for Johan to tell why he failed another assignment, Cobra struck Johan ruthlessly across the face.

Johan winced as he found himself on the floor, holding his ear. He wasn't surprised that Cobra had inflicted pain. It was always that way - to show that he was superior. Cobra slammed his foot on his foster son's left hand, took Johan's right hand so that he was lying on his back. Cobra leaned in with a dangerous look in his eyes. It was then Johan felt a strong presence in the room as an image flashed through his mind.

"You - it was you who took Jaden ..." Johan breathed. The image he saw wasn't too clear but Johan felt Jaden's soul in the room, and everything his close friend had gone through.

Cobra narrowed his eyes, and pulled out a metal bracelet with a golden gem "This Dis-Belt will track you." Johan narrowed is eyes when the Dis-Belt came in contact with his skin. The gem started to glow as the Dis-Belt fastened it's self around the teen's wrist. "You're going to do that assignment over and turn it in."

Johan groaned at first, but smirked. "I'll get it done in my own way."

Cobra nodded his head and backed away. " ...And as for Jaden - what happened to him is none of your affair."


Johan sat on his bed rubbing his sore, numb wrist. I should've known, he thought bitterly. Cobra tried to keep us from being close ... now that I think about it, Cobra's daughter died the same day Jaden did ...

"It's about time you figured it out," came a familiar voice.

Johan looked up to see Jaden's spirit. They both looked at each other, before Johan got to his feet and walked toward Jaden. It wasn't long before Johan's expression changed to pure anger. "What's the big idea leavin' ..." he paused when Jaden reached out to touch Johan's cheek and felt a tingle. The temperature in the room dropped, causing Johan to shiver. "What – what did Cobra do to you?"

"I ... I don't really remember. But that's not important right now. Syrus doesn't have much time and I want him to be comfortable ..." Jaden paused when Johan started to fidget.

"I know you loved each other but – but I love you too!" Johan confessed.

Jaden couldn't help but chuckle and stroked Johan's cheek lovingly. "You're not the only person to say that to me."

Johan blinked a few times, feeling a knot in his stomach. He quickly shook the feeling off and smirked. "I'm not, huh? Who was the first?"

Jaden's expression darkened. "Cobra's daughter, Yubel."

Every part of Johan stiffened. That spoiled little ... was the only thing he could think. Anger flashed across Johan's eyes. "If only Amon was here! Things wouldn't be this way."

Jaden looked sympathetically at the teen in front of him. He had never seen someone look so hurt, and Jaden really wanted to take Johan's pain away. So he leaned in and kissed Johan's right cheek where had been slapped. "Please don't cry for me," Jaden murmured, trying to hold the tears back himself.

Johan wiped the tears from his eyes and tried to smile. "I know that I can't have you, but can we still be friends?"

"You know that I would never break the bond we have. It's important to me. So can you help me make Syrus comfortable?"

"I'm not you, but I'll help him, since he misses you so much."


Syrus looked out the window. After Johan left two days ago, the young Trusedale just sat by the window to wait for his koi to come back, so they could talk. Syrus was so deep in thought, he didn't know that Johan had walked in the room until the smaller teen turned his head to see Johan standing there.

"Jay ...?" Syrus murmured.

Johan smiled and walked up and stood by the smaller teen. "I'm sorry for running out on you, but there's something you should know -"

"You hate me," Syrus said, still murmuring. "That's why you left in the first place."

"That's what I want to talk to you about. Jaden doesn't hate you at all, he loves you with all his heart."

Syrus raised a brow. Hearing that did ease his heart; what confused him was the way Johan was talking. "Are you okay, Jay?"

A sigh escaped from Johan's lips. "That's another thing we need to talk about." He bit his bottum lip. "I'm not Jaden, I'm a good friend of his -"

Syrus chuckled dryly. "You were always such a kidder." Syrus paused, and his expression darkened. "But if you don't like me, I would have appreciate it if you had told me earlier."

Johan looked down to see anger in Syrus' eyes. He bent down and pulled the young Trusedale close. "I know you've been through a lot with the loss of Jaden -"

More anger flashed across Syrus' eyes, as he tried to wriggle free from Johan's grasp. "Will you let go," Syrus demanded. He tried to pull away again, but he couldn't. "Please."

Johan tightened his grip and rubbed Syrus' back soothingly. By this point the smaller teen was sobbing to Johan's chest. "It's okay if you're mad at me. I'm upset too for not doing anything sooner."

They stayed in each other's arms for a moment until Syrus spoke up in a small voice. "If you're not Jay - who are you?"

Johan smiled down at the young teen. "I'm Johan, Johan Anderson."

Syrus blinked a few times. That name did sound familiar. He looked closely at Johan and realization sank in. "Why?"

Johan pulled Syrus close again, and rubbed the back of his head. "I thought that maybe we can help each other."

Syrus looked up. "Do you know where Jaden is?" he asked innocently.

"I'm not going to lie to you - but Jaden was taken by someone who liked him too."

Syrus chuckled, and amusement flashed across his eyes. "That's Jay for you. He always had that charm," young Trusedale chirped. "Did you like Jaden?"

It took a moment for Johan to answer, when he did, there was a slight smile on his face. "Yeah ... I loved him just as much as you."

Syrus looked deep into Johan's eyes and found passion. The young Trusedale looked away with guilt in his expession. "I'm sorry that I caused so much pain to everyone ..."

"You don't have to apologize. You made him happy, and that's all that mattered to me. Now get some rest," Johan laid Syrus down and pulled the covers to his neck.

Syrus watched Johan for a moment and smiled. "Will you come back tomorrow?" he finally asked.

Johan smiled and nodded his head, promising that he would come back.

To Be Continued ...