Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ 1st end part 1: The true evil ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: Okay, this is the first part of the first ending.)

Yami tried to stumble out of the way but the holder of the dagger was more experienced and swift in their attack.

The dagger's sharp blade cut through Yami's shirt causing him to scream in pain, it pierced the tender flesh beneath and continued its journey through just below his heart.

Seto had aimed for the heart but because of Yami's attempt to escape had missed by a fraction of a centimetre.

Fresh crimson blood stained Yami's shirt almost instantly as Seto pulled his dagger back out of Yami's chest and readied himself for the final stabbing.

"This is it Dark angel!" Seto breathed, slashing his dagger forwards again.

Yami's eyes widened in fear, in a last desperate attempt to escape again, Yami tried to dive out of the way.

Seto growled when his dagger hit air and attacked again.

Yami cried out in surprise when Seto's dagger sliced into his hip, blood spraying slightly, down to the floor.

"You bastard!" Seto hissed, lifting his dagger up for another blow to Yami's chest.

"KAIBA! NO!!" a voice hollered from behind him urgently,

Seto blinked in surprise but ignored the familiar voice as he slashed his dagger.

Yami gasped when his foot slipped on the pavement, the dagger hit him across the shoulder as he fell into the deep pool below with a loud splash.

Seto would have laughed if he hadn't felt so bitter, he turned suddenly when a hand pulled him around roughly.

Marik stood there wearing a desperate expression, "Kaiba, you can't kill him!" he cried, "Get him out of the water quickly!"

"What? Why?" Seto asked, "Oh… I get it, you want to kill him and prove yourself a better hunter than me. Well sorry, but I'm not that gullible Marik."

Marik shook his head, "No, it's not that at all! I tried to call you. You see the dark angel isn't-"

Seto cut him off sharply, "Sorry Marik but, I win." He said, "Now why don't you go off some place to mope like the bad loser you are."

Marik started to explain, "I know who killed all those people! You see, the cross you showed me I knew I had seen before at the library and I found out it belonged to the dark angel. At first I thought the person who gave you that was evil. So I kind of followed you to the church thinking I was going to kill them but my attention soon left the dark angel when I saw the true evil -"

"You followed me and you knew who the dark angel was!?" Seto bellowed,

Marik sighed, "I researched some more and Ada told me everything. She told me an evil was about which I could not kill myself and that I had to find you quickly and warn you that-" his eyes widened when a shocking pain hit him in the stomach tearing up his vital organs,

Seto frowned, "That, what? Marik, are you okay?" he asked

Marik coughed violently, "Get the…dark a-angel…out…before…he…d-drowns!" he chocked, falling to his knees in pain.

Seto looked on in horror as Marik started vomiting pieces of his insides onto the ground while his blood shot eyes bulged out their sockets.

Seto took a step back at the revolting scene, "What the fuck!?" he cried when a dark figure stepped out into the open, grinning at him evilly. "You…?"