Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ 1st end part 2: Drowning in guilt ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Water…

It hit Yami like a heap of bricks; the air squeezed out of his lungs and refilled itself with the murky water of the swimming pool.

The pool was surprisingly deep; he must have fallen into the deepest part of it.

Yami's eyes could see the surface but the chemicals in the water stung them painfully.

He tried to move but because of his serious wounds Seto's dagger had given him it seemed like the blood seeping out of him into the pool, was also his energy.

Every time he moved it hurt and tired him even more.

He opened his mouth to cry for help but realised his mistake when the water sucked into his mouth taking what little more oxygen he had from him - he was drowning rapidly.

He struggled some more to find his way up out of the pool, his hands reached out limply for the surface desperately while his legs strained to swim but only ended up thrashing violently through the water.

His lungs screamed for air, he continued to panic when he noticed himself begin to become too tired to move much more.

His arms rested in the water, his legs slowly stopped moving.

`Ra, help me!' he cried out in his mind `I am not ready to leave…yet.'

Suddenly, as if answering his plea, a strange feeling hit Yami painfully all around his weakened body.

He wanted to scream but because of the previous experience of opening his mouth in the water, he decided against it.

First, his left cut cheek moulded itself back into the clear pale skin it had been before.

Then, the blood in the water began sucking itself back into Yami through his wound just below his heart.

Yami's eyes could only watch in horrified shock and fascination as the painful cut started to heal itself quickly as if someone was turning back time to when it was unharmed.

Next, the shoulder. The cut smoothed itself out back into its usual uninjured tender skin.

His body was healing itself but time was running out…

~ Meanwhile ~

Marik slumped to the floor, now a lot slimmer than before.

Seto stared at the figure in shock, "What are *you* doing here? What just happened to him?" he questioned

The figure continued to grin at him, "Seto Kaiba, so we finally meet." It said, "Just as I thought, you've done my work for me. Thank you mortal,"

Seto blinked, "W-what!? You didn't answer my questions!" he yelled, a tiny bit of fear cheeping into his voice.

"Oh, I thought you would of know by now Kaiba, Marik truly was a better hunter than yourself, wasn't he?" the figure mocked,

Seto growled angrily, "Just answer the questions!" he snapped,

"Temper, temper Kaiba. I'll tell you, though I'm disappointed you don't know…" the figure replied, "Marik, I thought that maybe he might want to lose a bit of weight… I guess I went too far in the diet?"

"You're sick!" Seto cried, "Why did you kill him and…how!?"

The figure chuckled darkly, "Because he knew too much information about me, I couldn't let him change the future now, could I? So, I killed him with my unbeatable powers!" he answered

"What do you mean by the future vampire?" Seto asked,

"I am not a vampire!" the figure hissed, "I am a demon, the son of the devil if you will."

Seto's eyes widened slightly, "D-demon?" he stuttered,

"Yes - do I sense fear in you Kaiba? I can smell it leaking off you." The figure said, licking his lips. "I do love the smell of fear from mortals."

"Enough Demon, tell me about the future!" Seto shouted,

"You, my dear hunter, have just killed the son of Ra or God as you call him now and so now, evil will rule!" the figure laughed, "I mean, you didn't expect me did you Kaiba?"

`Why didn't I see this before!? What have I done?? Why didn't I see that the true evil was the vicar, Simon…?' Seto thought to himself,

"I took the dark angel in but found I couldn't kill him because I cannot bear to touch him because of this protection spell his damn mother put on him! So I was forced to lock him away and pretend to be a real vicar and wait for you to arrive into his pitiful life.

I began stealing Isis's (Ada) power so I could see the future and plan what to do. First, I plagued Yami's mind with the picture of your brother so you would find it, but that didn't work. I also killed people and made it look like it was a vampires doing.

But then, I saw what would happen at the fete so I followed you here and waited for the right time to kill Marik, you and of coarse to make sure Yami had been slain properly by you.

You see, I have been fighting the messiah for centuries and have never won but today, I will. The messiah is dead, Marik is dead and you…will soon be and I will make earth my own hell!!" Simon explained,

Seto couldn't move, his hands trembled and tears began to well up in his guilty eyes.

"No…" Seto cried, "How could I do this? I deserve to die…"

"Seto, please no!" Yami's words echoed in his mind as a reminded of what he had done… "You don't understand… I - I love you!"

Simon laughed cruelly, "Prepare to die slayer, the world is going to hell and it's your entire fault." He exclaimed

Seto watched in horror as Simon changed into his real form, the form of the devil and smirked at him through sharp teeth.

Simon then advanced towards him, claws extended ready to kill and rip Seto to tiny bloody pieces.