Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ 1st ending part 4: Cruel battles ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The energy ball surfed towards Seto, the power radiating through the air to prove of its fatalness.

Yami felt something boil up inside him like fire had started running along his veins to build up in his right hand. He lifted his hand, still shaking from pain, and an identical energy ball to the one going to hit Seto grew in his shaky palm.

Without much planning or really taking it in, Yami's instinct caused him to throw the fiery ball to its opposing double in a fierce, brisk rate.

Simon's energy ball was about five inches from Seto's face when it blow up because of the impact the other ball made that cancelled both the energy balls out.

Seto took in a shaky but relieved breath at still being alive, as Simon became more inpatient by the second.

When drinking Simon's demonic blood, Yami must have gained the power to use energy balls from it.

"Do you think you can possibly win now just because of the small fraction of power you have obtained from me?" Simon asked, looking at Yami mockingly.

Yami glared back, still holding his left hand to his chest and staggered to his feet, "I do." He replied, taking in deep breaths.

"Then you are sourly mistaken!" the demon exclaimed, "Especially as you can't heal even yourself any longer…"

Yami's eyes widened, "What!? Why?" he gasped

Simon laughed, "Because you have magic inflicted wounds! Not one of mere mortals…I didn't know you even could heal until you came out of that pool, alive." He answered

"You're the one who'll need healing when we've finished with you!" Yami yelled angrily,

Simon raised a brow, "Is that a threat?" he laughed

Yami throw another energy ball which Simon dodged quickly, "More like a premonition," he replied

Simon snarled at him, his teeth twinkled in the moonlight.

"Don't move." Yami said, addressing Seto sternly.

Seto opened his mouth to protest but stopped at Yami's warning glare.

The two supernatural creatures then charged at each other, each with a look of frightening determination on their faces.
They both ignored the aching injuries they possessed and grabbed each other by the arms with a painful grip as they pushed one another backwards with all their strength.

"Give it up now messiah!" Simon growled, pushing harder "You can't beat me this time!"

Yami ignored him, his anger rising into a sudden rage. He kicked him hard in the privates, surprising the demon so much he fell to the ground with a bawl.

Yami laughed, "I don't think so!" he said

Simon then grabbed Yami by the foot and pulled him down, the sudden attack shocking him as he hit the pavement on his back for the second time.

The demon pulled himself up and kicked Yami in the side's repeatifely causing him to scream in pain and whimper as Simon's foot snapped at delicate bone.

Seto couldn't take much more, watching someone he loved in pain was something he just could not do again! So he ran to Simon and dug his dagger into the demon's back.

Simon cried out as he felt the dagger being pulled out of his back and turned to face his attacker with a dangerous hiss of anguish.

"You dare to attack me again!?" Simon bellowed in angry disbelief.

Seto staggered backwards at the demons loud tone, realising what danger he had caused himself at going against Yami's words.

Yami lifted his head (now laying in a rolled up position) as far as he could manage to see Seto trip while walking backwards and fall to the floor in panic. Simon stood above him with his claws raised to slice him by the stomach open.

"NO!!!" Yami screamed, the claws moving downwards, there was nothing he could do…