Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ He She Me We II ❯ II: First Date ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho, it's story and characters, is owned by Studio Pierrot, Yoshihiro Togashi, FUNimation, and Shonen Jump.
First Date

Kurama rummaged through his dresser to find what he had been looking for. He had originally planned to wear his usual Chinese styled clothing, but decide not to. Instead he decided to do something different in order to make this date memorable. After all, this was Hiei's first date ever. This is something to be remembered.

He smiled when he finally spotted what he'd been looking for. He pulled it out and stripped down to his underwear.

Hiei will get a kick out of this!



Kurama crept down the stairs carefully making sure not to make a sound. He glanced in all directions making sure that no one was in sight. He let out a sigh of releif when he finally determined that the coast was clear. Not wanting to be seen, he quickly headed for the door.

"Shuichi!"

He froze at the sound of his mother's voice. Shit! he thought. I was so close!

"Shuichi!" his mother squealed again. She was glowing with happiness and joy at the sight of him, for Kurama was wearing a dress! It wasn't very fancy or flashy. It was a plain, sleeveless yellow dress that went down just above his knees. Since it was a sleeveless dress he wore a light blue sweater over it, but left it unbuttoned. His mother had bought it for him a few years ago, but he had never worn it before... for obvious reasons. "Shuichi-chan, you look so cute!" she gushed. "I haven't seen you wearing a dress since primary school! I can't believe you're actually dressed like a girl!"

"Mother..." he began, but he couldn't think of anything to say. This was exactly what he was hoping to avoid by sneaking out!

"Shuichi, why are you all dressed up?" Shiori asked. "Are you going any where special tonight?"

"I... I was just going to meet a friend for dinner..." He said. He felt his face turning bright red. Why didn't his mother just let him go?

"Shuichi..." she gasped as if she had just realized something. Kurama prayed that she wasn't thinking what he thought she was. "This friend... is it a boy ?"

"Mother it's nothing!" He felt like kicking himself. He had just let out too much, for the next thing he knew, Shiori was squealing with joy!

"Your going on a date aren't you!" She said. "Oh Shuichi!" She suddenly began to sob. "I always knew this day would come! I can't believe it!" She then grabbed Kurama and held him tight. "My baby girl is growing up!"

"Mother please!" Kurama cried. He didn't want to hurt her feelings, but he was going to be late if she kept this up! "I have to get going! I... I don't want to be late!"

Shiori released him, drying her eyes on the back of her hand. "Your right," she sniffed. "Tell me Shuichi, is it that Urameshi boy? Or that cute little spiky haired boy that walks you home?"

Kurama blushed. He didn't even know his mother had ever seen Hiei before. "The... the short one..." he said, blushing even redder. "I have to go now mother." He added in a rush as he quickly turned and went out the door.

On his way out he heard his mother say one last thing to him: "Shuichi! Tell me all about it when you get back!"



Kurama quickly hurried down the street to meet up with Hiei. He had told Hiei to meet him in the park in order to avoid having them seen together in front of his mother, though it seemed it would have been much easier if Kurama had just let Hiei pick him up at his home.

Strangely he felt somewhat better about the fact that his mother actually knew that he and Hiei were dating. It was one less thing to lie about. Plus, now he could be slightly more comfortable with Hiei at home.

Still, he felt very foolish about the whole dress idea. If he had known that this would help to attract the unwanted attention of twice as many men as usual, he would have just worn his normal clothes. Still, he gritted his teeth, clenched his knuckles and doubled his speed.

"Kurama is that you?"

For the second time that evening he froze. He recognized the voice but was extremely reluctant to turn around. Still, like a fool he did. He felt his face turning bright red as he stared straight into the shocked and confused faces of Keiko Yukimora and Botan.

"Kurama..." Botan began recovering from her shock.

"Y-you look so..." Keiko said interrupting the spirit guide.

"Cute!" they squealed. Kurama winced at their voices. Why was everyone squealing today?

"I don't believe it," Botan said. "Your actually wearing a dress!"

"Are you finally going to start acting like a girl?" Keiko teased.

"N-no!" Kurama stammered.

"Then why are you all dressed up?" Botan asked. "Are going somewhere special?"

"I know!" Keiko said before Kurama could even open his mouth to answer Botan's question. "Your going out on a date with Hiei aren't you?"

"Your going out with Hiei?" Botan asked. For a second she looked hurt. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was a secret!" Kurama said, much louder than he had wanted to. "How did you even find out about me and Hiei?" This he said only to Keiko.

"Yusuke told me," Keiko said, as if it were no big deal. "He told me the whole story. About how you were so scared when you figured out you were in love with him and all."

"She was scared? That's so cute!"

"Mm-hm, she was crying and everything! Yusuke had to calm her down himself."

"That's so cute!"

I'm going to kill Yusuke! Kurama felt his eyebrow begin to tick. Not only we're they ignoring him, they where talking about him right in front of him. Not to mention the fact that they kept referring to him as a girl!

"Please!" he said getting their attention again. "Please don't tell anyone about this!" he said, very seriously. With that he turned and left.



Kurama practically ran the rest of the way to the park. He was extremely grateful when he finally go there.

"Your late," Hiei said as he walked up behind him.

Kurama turned around and glared at him. He felt like punching the fire demon right in the face just for thinking that. "Hiei," he began, almost growling, "if you knew the hell I went threw just to get here..."

Hiei raised an eyebrow at him, obviously surprised at Kurama's unusually angry tone. "Want to talk about it?" he asked.

Kurama took several deep breathes before opening his mouth and saying, "No. Let's just go get something to eat."




"Why are you wearing a dress?" Hiei asked, a slight blush on his face.

"Why? Don't you like it?" Kurama teased. It was obvious from the way Hiei kept staring at him that the fire demon liked his dress very much. He was starting to feel a little bit better about wearing it. However, he was still regretting it.

"No... It's just that... I thought you hated dresses."

"I did it for you," Kurama said, grabbing Hiei by the hand. They continued to walk the rest of the way to the restaurant just like that.

What was it's name again. Wanfu? I heard it was really good... but from who? I think I was talking to one of my friends whe-

Suddenly Kurama stopped in his tracks. His heart skipped a beat when he finally realized where he had heard about this restaurant.

Hiei stared at him as if he were insane. "Kurama? What's wrong? We're at the front door."

Myoko! He'd heard about this place from Myoko! She took all of her date's to this restaurant because they were the only Chinese restaurant that didn't use MSG! Further more, this was Myoko's date night! If they went in Myoko would either be in there or come in at any second. No! He thought desperately. I can't take one more person seeing me!

She turned to Hiei and gave him an apologetic look. "I'm sorry Hiei," he said. "I can't go in there."

"Oh," he said. "That's all right."

Kurama bit his lower lip. "Are... are you mad at me?"

He shook his head. "No. You were the one that wanted to go in there. I understand."

"Hiei..." Kurama began, but he didn't know what to say. Even if he didn't say it out loud, or look like it, he could tell by to look in his eyes that he was disappointed.

He turned and grinned at him, something that Hiei rarely did. "I have an idea," he said.



Kurama sighed in content as he finished eating his ice cream. He glanced over at Hiei and smiled. "Did you use to come here a lot?"

Hiei paused in the middle of inhaling his bowl of ice cream. He blushed before he even answered. "I... I did when I first developed a crush on you."

"Then you figured out that you could see into my bedroom window from the tree?" He teased. It was clear from the redness of Hiei's checks that he was right. He gave Hiei a peck on the check and then rested his head on his shoulder.

They sat on top of Kurama's roof for most of the night. Kurama however, felt horrible the rest of the night. He loved Hiei. That much he knew, but why was it so damned hard to go around acting like he did. It was his fault that this dated turned out so badly. If he had just walked into the restaurant...

Why? Why is this so damn hard.

His eye lids began to feel heavy as sleep over took him. Before he went to sleep that last thing he could remember saying was "I love you Hiei."