Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ He She Me We II ❯ III: The Message ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho, it's story and characters, is owned by Studio Pierrot, Yoshihiro Togashi, FUNimation, and Shonen Jump.
The Message

One Week Later

The sun was hidden behind thick clouds and the sky was a miserable shade of gray as rain threatened to pour down any second. Grabbing his umbrella before he went out the door, Kurama prepared himself for a rainy, yet likely very uneventful, school day. Kurama walked briskly to school, barely missing the rain that began to fall down in what seemed like buckets.

Kurama then headed to his locker to take out the books that he would need for class that day. He stopped short when he saw the note taped to the door of his locker. Normally, Kurama wouldn't concern himself too much with such things. After all, being as attractive as he was, boys would often leave him notes on or in his locker. However, this note caught his attention, for the note was addressed to Yoko Kurama not Shuichi Minamino .

Kurama quickly grabbed the note and jammed it into his pocket. He prayed that no one had seen it. Who could it be from? No one at school knew about his past. None of the friends that knew about his past life as a thief ever called him Yoko Kurama.

Is it possible I've been found out?

Not wasting any time to ponder on this, Kurama quickly headed for the girls restroom and locked himself in the nearest empty stall. He pulled out the note, and read:

Kurama,

Meet me here at midnight, I have something interesting to say to you. Come alone.

The note was typed, not written, and there was no name given. Still, who ever sent him this note, knew who he was, who he is , and even knew where he went to school. So who's to say this person didn't know where he lived. He may even know about his mother...



The rest of the day seemed to tick by in slow motion. Nothing note worthy really happened to him. He ate lunch with his friends, he took a test in his math class, a few boys tried to flirt with him. It was a normal day, but the note from that morning stuck out in his mind.

He was thankful that the rain had finally stopped at the end of the day. It gave him enough time to go home and drop off all of his school supplies, as well as pick up a few seeds that he may need for that night. Unable to wait for midnight, Kurama snuck out at ten and headed for school. At eleven it started to rain again, and it didn't show any sign of letting up. Kurama, however, couldn't care less. He just wanted to meet this person.

At twelve fifteen, Kurama began to get impatient and was about to go home.

"So you actually showed up," a voice said from behind.

Kurama quickly turned around and froze. It was a demon. He was tall and dressed completely in black with black laces wrapped around his arms. He wore his long black hair pulled back behind a black hat. He had pointed ears and black bat like wings and held a pendent in his hand. Kurama's eyes must have been the size of dinner plates.

"K-Kuronue..." he gasped.

Kuronue smirked at him. "So your remembered me..."

"Y-your dead. I saw you die!" It didn't make sense. Kuronue died years ago on that raid. He saw it with his own eyes, and the image had haunted him for years. How could he be standing there right in front of him?

A strange look crossed his face for a moment, as if remembering a nightmare. "A story for another time..." he said, obviously not wanting to talk about this. It was somewhat out of character, from what Kurama remembered, of him. Kuronue was always very open about himself. He never kept anything bottled up inside, not even hate. His face suddenly changed as a smirk crossed his face. "You certainly have changed," he said referring to the way Kurama looked obviously. He was still in his school uniform which was normally large and lose on him, now clung to his skin and showed off his curves.

Kurama frowned at him. This was the same old Kuronue.

He took a few steps closer to him and Kurama tensed. Kuronue's smirk turned into a grin. "Afraid I'll take advantage of you Kurama-chan ?" he teased, and Kurama felt his frown deepen. He then stuck out his hand and caressed Kurama's left cheek. "Imagine, the feared Yoko Kurama is nothing more than a little human girl... and a pretty one at that," he said. His hand began to travel downward. "Tell me Kurama-chan," he whispered, his hand now on Kurama's backside. He leaned in so close that his lips were almost touching Kurama's ear. He regrettably shivered as Kuronue spoke. "Are you still as oversexed as you used to be?"

With that Kurama pushed the demon back and slapped him as hard as he could across his cheek. It was only after he did this that he realized that he did just what Kuronue wanted. He proved that he now acted just like a girl and was in fact... a virgin. Again.

Kuronue chuckled as he rubbed his cheek. "You've change a lot. "

Kurama felt his eyebrow tick. "All right Kuronue," he began, annoyance clear in his voice. "You told me, to meet you hear at twelve o'clock, and you were fifteen minutes late by the way, to talk about something that would 'interest' me. So far, you've only proved that you're still the as immature as you were when we were partners, and you have yet to tell me why you're hear and how you knew how to find me."

Kuronue got serious for a moment. He began to finger his pendent as stared at Kurama. "Not too long ago, I started hearing rumors about you," Kuronue began. "I heard a lot of strange things. That you were living in the ningenkai. That you were a human. Some even said you were a girl . I thought that they were lies and regarded them as such. But, then I began to get curious. What if you were still alive and living in the human world? What if you were..." he smirked as he eyed Kurama again, looking him up and down. "What if you were a girl? I found out as much as I could about you. I had to beat a lot of people before I finally got to one guy who seemed to know too much about you. I got everything I could out of him and then I killed him. So here I am."

"So, you just wanted to see me again?" Kurama said. "I must say I am relieved that it was you and not someone out to kill me."

"Well..." Kuronue began. "I may not have come to kill you, but I didn't just come to say hello either."

Kurama's ear perked up at his words. "You mean..." he began. "You really do have something for me?"

Kuronue smirked once again. Kurama could see the excitement dancing in his eyes. "I may have found a way for you to become a man again Kurama."


AN: I recently saw the YYH movie with Kuronue in it, but still I feel like I didn't do his character right. So... sorry if he's acting OOC or anything like that.