Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ He She Me We II ❯ IV: Let's Talk About This... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho, it's story and characters, is owned by Studio Pierrot, Yoshihiro Togashi, FUNimation, and Shonen Jump.

Author's Notes(Important!): I've been having some problems reading my reviews. For some weird reason I can't read them and I just wanted to let you know that. So if you've reviewed my story with any questions or comments, I want to let you know that I'm not ignoring you. Don't let this discourage you from reviewing. If you want to review this story, have any questions, comments, or you know why this is happening and you know how to fix it, e-mail me at Zero_Ryoko_3@msn.com. Please make sure to label your subject as "He She Me We II" or something like that so I won't delete it by accident. Thank you.

Let's Talk About This...

"What?" Yusuke and Kuwabara asked at the same time. They were shocked to say the very least at what Kurama had just told them.

"You heard me," Kurama repeated calmly. "I've found away to become a man again." After his meeting with Kuronue, Kurama had called Yusuke and Kuwabara to discuss what had happened. Whether by luck or misfortune, Hiei was no where to be found. The three of them decided that it would be best to meet in Yusuke's room, since his mother was either never around or just passed out.

Both boys looked at him dumbfound, neither really knowing what to say to him.

"Are... are you sure about this?" Yusuke asked, obviously he found his voice first.

Kurama looked down at his shoes and bit his lower lip. "To tell you the truth..." he began, "... no... I mean, I've wanted to be a guy again for a long time, but... there's just so much to consider." He paused and looked up at them pleadingly. "Which is why I called you two here. I wanted a second or third opinion on this matter."

Perfect, Yusuke thought. I have to help one of my friends decide if he should get a sex change!

"No offence Kurama, but this is kind of a weird thing to ask for help with," Kuwabara said, expressing what both he and Yusuke were thinking.

Kurama blushed and chuckled nervously. "I... understand. I also understand if you don't want any part of this... but I don't know who else to talk to."

Kuwabara noticed Kurama shift from his spot on Yusuke's bed. He also noticed that the Yoko-turned-human had been doing that a lot today. He could tell that Kurama was feeling trapped. Not many people knew about his past life or the fact that he still has male feelings. What's more, it was very likely that he and Yusuke were the only ones that Kurama felt completely comfortable talking too about this. Well, maybe Hiei too.

"I wasn't saying that I didn't wanna talk about it-" Kuwabara began.

"We'll help you out Kurama," Yusuke cut in, getting straight to the point and receiving a few glares from Kuwabara for interrupting.

"Thank you," Kurama sighed. He shifted again as he thought about what to say next. "Firstly, there's the matter of school-"

Yusuke snorted. "Who the hell needs school," he stated rather than commented.

"Urameshi's right, I don't think that's that big of a problem."

Kurama chuckled. "I suppose you're right. I could always drop out. Secondly, there is the matter of my mother."

The room fell silent. The fact of the matter was, Shiori Minamino was very protective of her daughter. In Shiori's eyes Kurama, or rather Shuichi , was a sweet, innocent girl, who was as fragile as glass.

"You could just tell her the truth," Kuwabara offered.

Yusuke snorted, again. "Yeah right Kuwabara, I can see it all now; 'Hey ma! You know how you thought that I was your human daughter? Well, in real life I'm actually a male Yoko from the Makai, and you know what else? I want to become a guy again!' What would be wrong with telling her that?" Yusuke said sarcastically.

"At least I'm trying ta help Urameshi!" Kuwabara snapped

"Well, at least I'm not saying the first stupid thing that pops into my head!" Yusuke shot back.

"Can we get back on topic," Kurama interjected before they could have at each other again.

"Sorry," the two boys mumbled.

"Maybe Kuwabara is right," Kurama said thoughtfully. "I've been lying to her for years, this might be as good a time as any to come clean. However..." Kurama bit down on his lip and shifted, not once, not twice, but four times in a row.

"What?" Yusuke urged.

"I don't want to loose her love..." he half whispered. Tears began to form in the corner of his eyes. Kuwabara looked around for a tissue, but couldn't find one to give him. Instead, Yusuke just gave him a shirt that was lying on the floor. Kurama excepted it, most likely not knowing what it was, and quickly wiped and traces of tears from his eyes.

"Don't worry Kurama," Yusuke said, "Shiori, will love you now matter what." I hope so anyway... he thought inwardly, but didn't dare say it out loud.

Both boys relaxed a little when Kurama half smirked at Yusuke's words. "I hope so..." he said.

"What about Hiei...?" Kuwabara asked, not knowing any better.

Kurama stiffened and his eyes darted all over the room, trying to avoid looking either Yusuke or Kuwabara in the eye. "Don't tell him about this..." he whispered.

That must be why he was fidgeting so much!
Kuwabara concluded. He doesn't want the shrimp to know! Frankly, to Kuwabara, it was weird. The whole idea of Kurama and Hiei was simply weird to him. He couldn't think of a better word to describe it. It didn't seem to make any sense. Kurama was kind and calm while Hiei was short tempered and rude. What the hell did Kurama see in him? Plus, the fact that Hiei could love anything, let alone anyone, was strange to him. Still, it was clear that they cared for each other. Kurama would have to love him if he'd wear a dress just to make the little shrimp happy!

"Why?" Yusuke asked. "He's your boyfr- err you two are dating aren't you?"

"We are," Kurama blushed as he said this. "It's just... if... well, I want to tell him in privet."

"Okay," Yusuke said. "Still, something doesn't feel right about this. Why would this Kuronue guy just pop out of no where and offer you something like this? Does he want anything in return."

Kurama tried his best to hide his nervousness. He didn't want to tell them what Kuronue had told him.


~~Last Night~~

Kurama stared at his old friend and former partner in disbelief. He kept opening and closing his mouth, but no words came out. It was as if his mind refused to believe the information that it had just received. "I-I don't understand," he stammered as he finally managed to find his voice once more. "Y-you want me to come back to the Makai with you?"

Kuronue smirked fingering his pendent in his left hand. "Don't tell me that your actually attached to this world? Haven't you wanted to go back? You must have thought about it, once or twice."

He looked down at his shoes as a small bit of shame washed over him. "At first, that was all I'd ever really wanted," he admitted. "It was the only reason that I had escaped into the Ningenkai, to go back." He raised his head and looked Kuronue straight in the eyes. "But things have changed since then! I have a family and a life here. I-I can't just give it up on a whim!"

Kuronue stared at him, surprise was written all over his face. "I didn't think you would be so reluctant to leave. You, Yoko Kurama, actually
caring about humans?" He chuckled. "I never thought I'd see the day."

"Why do you want me to go back with you Kuronue?" Kurama asked. That was what he really wanted to know. It was most likely the only reason Kuronue was presenting him with this gift. He smirked at him. "Is it that you miss me?"

Kuronue stopped finger his pendent then. He shift from foot to foot. Kurama felt his eyes actually widen. Was Kuronue... nervous? "In so many words," he confessed. Kurama opened his mouth to say something, but Kuronue beat him too it. "It's not what you think!" Kuronue insisted a bit too urgently. "It's just that, business was much more profitable when you were around. I don't work as well with others as I did with you."

"Are you sure it's not that you have a crush on me?" Kurama teased.

"Cute," Kuronue said dryly. "So what's your answer?"

Kurama thought for a moment. Leave the Ningenkai? His mother? His friends? However, he'd gain back his manhood! His dignity. His pride. It was the one thing that he had missed the most, but it would cost him so much.
If I do this, he thought I might have to even go as far as... leaving Hiei. He knew the type of relationship Hiei wanted, that he was comfortable with. If he were all man, things would get awkward and lead to a break up no matter what. Even before Kuronue had offered him his manhood he had been thinking of leaving Hiei. This would simply give him a better reason to do it.

"Would I turn back into my old Yoko self, or would I be a human male?" he asked.

"You'd be a Yoko," Kuronue replied simply.

"I'll think about it."


Second set of notes for this chapter! These you can skip if you want, but I just wanted to say that I suck... at writing humor. I really wanted to put Kuwabara in this chapter (and I'm glad I did) but I just don't think I got his character down right. So to all you Kuwabara lovers, sorry. I suck. I'll go die now.