Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ He She Me We II ❯ VI: You Can Never Understand ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho, it's story and characters, is owned by Studio Pierrot, Yoshihiro Togashi, FUNimation, and Shonen Jump.

It was funny that two high school girls were afraid of him. He was, after all, still in junior high. Still, his reputation was pretty impressive. So it wasn't really all that surprising that they had heard of the dreaded Yusuke Urameshi. However, he wasn't here to scare anyone. He was here to see Kurama. It had been a good week since Kurama had talked to him and Kuwabara about his conversation with that guy (whatever his name was), and he hadn't heard a word from Kurama since.

He'd tried calling him at home, but he was either not there or "busy" in his room, so his mother had said. So he had decided to corner him at school and force the Yoko turned human to talk to him. He had asked Kuwabara to come along, but he had declined. Frankly, he didn't blame him. He had cut school early just to come and wait for Kurama outside of his school, only to find that Kurama was taking his sweet time with actually leaving the building. He didn't feel like going inside, and standing out here with those two girls looking at him wasn't very pleasant either.

I'll give him one more minute, he decided. If he's not out by then, I'm going in.

"Excuse me," someone said to him, not very politely at that.

He turned to see the two girls who had been staring at him where now right in front of him. One was tall and had long brown hair and chocolate eyes. The other one was shorter, with black hair pulled back into pig tails and light blue eyes. Both girls were very cute, but still, he was pretty sure he wasn't interested in what they were going to say.

"What?" he replied, not bothering to hide his annoyance.

"Your Yusuke Urameshi, right?" the brown haired one asked. She was obviously the leader of the two, because the other one was practically cowering behind her.

"Who wants to know?"

"I'm Myoko," she said, then nodded her head towards the girl behind her. "This is Minako. We're Shuichi's friends." Myoko paused for a second, waiting to see the reaction on Yusuke's face and was clearly surprised to see the confused look he gave her. "Shuichi Minamino," she said, hoping to jog his memory. "Do you know her?"

Who's Shui... Oh! She means Kurama. "Yeah, I know her," he said finally.

"We wanted to know if your the one she broke up with," Myoko asked defensively. She seemed to be ready to attack if Yusuke said something she didn't want to hear. She was clearly trying too hard to prove that she wasn't afraid of him.

Yusuke snorted. "No! We're just friends... wait. What do you mean 'broke up with'?"

Myoko smirked. "I thought you said you were friends," she teased. Yusuke glared at her, making her squirm a little (and for some reason, he liked that). "Shuichi broke up with her boyfriend recently. She's been really up set about it, which is weird because she broke up with him. "

"Did he... uh she say why she broke up with the guy?"

Myoko shook her head. "No, she never even told us his name !" She glared at Yusuke when he smirked at her, feeling superior about knowing more about Kurama's relationship with Hiei.

At least I knew his name! But why didn't he tell me he broke up with Hiei?

He heard someone clear their voice from behind the two girls and he snapped back to reality. The two girls jumped and turned around to find Kurama standing behind them. Yusuke was a little surprised to see him. He looked different somehow. Had Kurama lost weight? He looked a lot thinner. His eyes looked a little red and had bags under them, and he looked pretty pissed off.

I guess he heard us talking about him.


"Kura-" Yusuke stopped himself before he could finish saying Kurama's real name.

"Is there a reason you were talking about me behind my back?" Kurama asked, sounding very upset.

"Because we're worried about you Shuichi-chan!" Myoko said, her voice was stern but her concern was clear. "You've been acting strange ever since you broke up with your boyfriend."

Kurama frowned and shoved passed all three of them. Yusuke stared after him concerned. He really was acting strange. He felt Myoko push him in Kurama's direction. He turned to glare at her, but stopped when he saw the look on her face. She looked a bit like Keiko, when she was telling him to do something.

"Go after her," she ordered.

He sighed. If she was anything like Keiko, then there was no arguing with her. He quickly sprinted after Kurama, who was walking rather briskly towards what Yusuke assumed was his house.

"What?" Kurama asked annoyed.

Yusuke could feel himself getting angry at him. He didn't want to say it, but Kurama was being a real bitch. "Why'd you break up with Hiei?" he asked. "You said you loved him!"

"It's none of your business," he snapped.

He grabbed him by the arm forcing him to stop and look at him. "What the hell do you mean 'it's none of my business'? You made it my damned business when you came to me crying your damn eyes out over him!"

Kurama shook off his grip on his arm. "I don't love him anymore. There, are you happy?"

"Bull shit!" This wasn't Kurama. Not the Kurama he knew. This was some psycho bitch that went and took over the body of one of his best friends.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Why are you even bothering me about this? Like I said, it's none of your business so you can just go and fu-"

He wasn't a very reasonable person. When he got angry, it wasn't very uncommon for him to act without thinking, but even he knew when he went too far and it was pretty clear that he did just that the second his palm hit Kurama's left cheek.

He stumbled backward for a second, but Yusuke could tell it was from shock not pain. Kurama raised his hand to touch his cheek and flinched in pain. Yusuke stared at his right palm for a minute.

Did I really just do that? Did I really slap Kurama?

They stood there in silence for what seemed like ages. Both were in too much shock to say anything. What was there to say? "Kurama" Yusuke began, but stopped when he saw tears welling up in Kurama's eyes.

"You can never understand," he sobbed before he turned and ran away.