Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Can't Escape the Past ❯ Blissful Memories I Will Never Forget ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~*~Rebuilt Maze Castle~*~

The dark figure watched Karasu as he ran to see his little sister. "Run, Karasu, run. She'll be only 3/4s alive when you get there anyway. Her life will soon be mine..." the dark figure said.

He stood and walked through the castle, remembering the many happy moments he had and lost so many years ago.

~*~Flashback~*~

A yellow and red haired little demon boy was playing on the grounds of Maze castle with a little demon girl with black hair, red bangs, and dark-grey eyes. It was one of the most happiest moments of his life. The chased each other until the sun was low in the blood red sky. The were sprawled on the ground from exhaustion. "You're the best friend anyone can ever have in the world!" the girl said.

"You know what, Kei?" the boy replied.

"What?"

"I love you." He kissed her cheek and the girl blushed a vivid shade of red.

She was at a loss for words so he grabbed her hand and said "Come on! Our parents are waiting for us inside, let's go!"

She nodded dumbly and ran into the castle with the little boy.

~*~End Flashback~*~

The dark figure had no choice but to smile sadly as tears of pain worth years of waiting poured themselves from his eyes. Another memory came to his mind as he passed a room that was known as his parents' study.

~*~Flashback~*~

"Are you sure about this, Kei?" the boy from before asked the little girl, but they were a few years older than the last memory and they were in a large study with shelves lining the walls.

"Yes! I don't want to be a shadow demon! Fire is cooler and stronger!"

"If it makes you happy..." the boy replied and looked around for the book with the spell that can give Kei any element power she wanted.

When he finally found the book, Kei jumped up and down for joy and hugged the boy, causing him to blush. "Come on! Perform the spell on me!" the girl practically yelled happily.

The boy obeyed, and suddenly, the girl was enveloped in flames for five minutes. When it was over, the girl's eyes were red-orange and her bangs were a flaming crimson, not like the blood red it was before. "Thank you!" the girl said and kissed the boy before running out the door to tell her brother the news.

~*~End Flashback~*~

"Kei..." the dark figure whispered and collapsed to his knees. He couldn't ignore it, he missed her and he knew it. He told her that he loved her, many times. And she was so affectionate to him, kissing him, hugging him, giving any form of comfort. He loved her too much to let her go. "What did I do wrong?" he whispered before returning to the screen room to watch her sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ceres- Sorry that this chapter is so short. I'll make the next one larger.