Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Mousse Muad Dib ❯ A princely sum ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mousse Muad Dib

By

Mari

Co-author by rob

Disclaimer: Ranma ½ is the Ó property of Rumiko Takahashi. Tenchi Muyo-Universe is the Ó property Kajishima Masaki.

Dune is the Ó property of Frank Herbert. Star Wars is the Ó property of George Lucas.

CHAPTER 5 - A princely sum

Sai Yuk shaking his head slowly looked up to light and then back to Mousse. "Who are you?" He asked.

"Your majesty this is my son I have told you so much about . Sai Yuk meet Mousse Atreides" Beikng-Pan smiled at the two.

Sai Yuk was in complete shock when he heard that last name. "You mean he's the son of Atreides-Dan, Lady Beikng-Pan?" He asked incredulously.

Beikng-Pan gave Sai Yuk a slight nod.

Sai Yuk went back looking at Mousse and studied him quite a bit and sees that there is a resemblance. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't know. Please forgive me." He gave a formal apology.

Mousse looked at the other young prince being humble. "It's okay." He accepted the apology. "It was my fault. I should've known you were a prince when you called me peasant." He chuckled.

"Thank you Mousse-san." Sai Yuk bowed to him.

"Just call me Mousse." Mousse insisted. "If you like we can start over and be friends."

"Yes I would like that." Sai Yuk agreed.

Beikng-Pan smiled as she led the group out of the trashed room and stood them in the hallway. "Sai Yuk-san is in the room next to yours Mousse could you please retire for the night." The she turns to Sai Yuk. "We will discuss this breach of etiquette in the morning." She spoke sternly to the young Emperor.

"YES Beikng-Pan-San!" Sai Yuk bowed .

Beikng-Pan smiled fondly as the two young boys left running side by side, for just moments before they had fought , and now as if nothing had happened they were acting like friends.

"Ah the powers of youth." Stilgard said laughing.

"True , so true, well it would seem that we will have to put you up in another room Mr. Stilgard. Please follow me." Beikng-Pan led Stilgard through a maze of hallways and rooms until they reached a greenish red door. Opening it, he was shown into a very opulent bedchamber. The master bedroom was quite large, larger in some regards than most regular apartments. With its own bathroom Jacuzzi attached. Stilgard watched fascinated as Beikng-Pan showed him the amenities that were available , including a wall to wall television, computer terminal access with T1 line and the newest voice activated software. There was a cooler fridge with several types of beer and wine inside and the bed itself was a marvel of 22nd century technology. Incorporating the fine mechanical movements of a massage machine as well.

"OH my .. I can't really believe this! " He gasped.

"Why is there something wrong Mr. Stilgard?" Questioned Beikng-Pan.

"No..No.. not at all. It's so well beautiful and has everything anyone would ever need, and how man of these rooms are there in the house?" Asked the puzzled guardian to the Atreides house.

"Well there are 17 rooms in this wing , but only 3 of them are this equipped ,"explained Beikng-Pan.

"I see. Well thank you , thank you very much for this wonderful room to stay in." Stilgard exclaimed.

"You are very welcome Sir." Beikng-Pan smiled standing near the TV control station. Stilgard walked over to her and put a hand on her hand lifting it slowly to his lips and kissing the finger tips.

"Please , call me Arwin." He whispered huskily.

"Ok. Arwin." Beikng-Pan blushed, remembering to take her hand back only after letting him hold it for a minute. "I should be going and checking on the rest of the household. Breakfast is usually around 8ish in the morning around here and is a catch what you can affair. The cook is on holidays for a month so we are having to rough it."

"Not a problem." Laughed Stilgard delighted at all that had transpired. " I will see you in the morning."

Mousse and Sai Yuk dashed through the hallways, both familiar with the family layout they came to their rooms quite quickly.

"If we had not been interrupted I would have beaten you!" Laughed the young Emperor.

"In your dreams." Mousse barked laughing at Sai Yuk's expression.

"You don't think so? Well how about another duel then say in 2 days." Sai Yuk smiled. Looking his opponent up and down. "It should give us enough time for me to finish my punishment and then we can duel without getting into trouble."

"Agreed." Mousse responded with pleasure, "I look forward to it my Emperor.

"Please , don't!" Sai Yuk exclaimed sadly.

"Don't what?" Mousse asked quizzically.

"Don't say the E word around here. While I am here I am supposed to be just like everyone else. I am not only learning martial arts here. I am learning what it means to be a subject in my fathers kingdom." Sai Yuk exclaimed. "Plus if it got around that I was here someone may try to kidnap me for ransom."

"That wouldn't be good .. ok.. Sai Yuk it is then. You may call me Master Atreides-Dan!" Laughed the young Atreides heir.

Standing back in shock the emperor looked at Mousse for a minute before he realized that Mousse was just fooling around , because the Young Amazon couldn't hold his face straight. He started giggling, causing the young emperor to laugh as well.

"I like you Master Atreides-Dan" Sai Yuk exclaimed. "But I prefer you as Mousse."

The two shook hands and entered their respective rooms for the night.

Meanwhile in the Hotel Ishumus in one of the major cities of China, the two shady characters, Ojino and Shinju, are in their room talking to what it appears to be a holographic image of a dark hooded character with evil looking glowing yellow eyes. "But My lord, surely there is some other explanation." Said Shinju looking rather nervously at the image.

"Don't question my methods, agent!" The image replied rather harshly in a deep and dark voice. "The boy you described is indeed the descendent of Paul Atreides." He informed his two agents. "Which means there could be a chance that he is the next Kwisatz Haderach! Meaning it would ruin our chances to gain control of the spice!" The image reminded them.

"But my dear Emperor, perhaps we can convince the boy to join our side." Ojino suggested.

"It won't do any good." The Dark Emperor declined. "Like all the other Atreides before him, the boy may not be easily persuaded to join the dark side." Then he came to a conclusion. "All we know is that the boy must never come to Arakkis!"

"Yes my lord, but how do we do that?" Shinju asked the Dark Emperor.

"There's only one way." The Dark Emperor implied. "You must find the boy and destroy him."

Shinju and Ojino were not too sure about this. It's not in their nature to kill a youth, especially if that youth does turn out to be the new Kwisatz Haderach. It would be difficult to try to kill somebody who might have the powers of a god. But still they had no choice but agreed and accept the assignment.

"Very well." Ojino agreed with the Dark Emperor. "We will do as you say."

"Excellent!" The Dark Emperor was pleased with their answer. "And remember this, he who controls the spice controls the universe." Then the image the Dark Emperor ended this discussion and faded away.

"Come Shinju." Ojino ordered. "We must rest for tomorrow if we ever going to be able to find that boy."

"Yes, Master Ojino." Shinju obeyed and the two of them went to get ready for bed.

Somewhere in China, a certain Jurian Princess and her friends were staying at a quaint boutique hotel. But a certain young male Amazon was on her mind. "I wish I could see him." Ayeka daydreamed while two of her female galaxy cop friends are debating about whose fault on what and spiky cyan color haired space pirate latching on to a young man who looks more bothered than pleased. "He was the first boy that I've actually gotten interested in other than Tenchi." Then she turned to see Ryoko hanging on to Tenchi. Normally this would bother her and try to get Ryoko off of Tenchi, but for some reason it doesn't this time. "Could it be that I am not as in love with Tenchi as I thought I was?" Ayeka asked herself. "Maybe there is more to life than Tenchi." She thought to herself and went back to sipping her tea.

Morning came and the dojo was full to the bursting for the first of the 3 contests between the master of the house Mousse and the young emperor.

"Don't think that I will go easy on you Sai Yuk I am the master of the hidden weapons." Mousse smiled adjusting his glasses.

"Good , I should show you what your mother has taught me then." Sai Yuk smiled and jumped into the air, from his flowing kimono came a long pole with a barb at the end of it. It passed through the air where Mousse had been standing and Mousse high above laughed with youthful abandon. Mousse slippers were sitting on the ground and between Mousses toes were grappler hooks, as he passed over the young emperor he relaxed his toes and the hooks dropped like confetti over him. Entangled in the steel wire Sai Yuk thrashed and cursed at the unexpected surprise.

"I learned that one when I was 10, Sai Yuk." Shouted Mousse as he tightened the wires around his prey. Sai Yuk not to be outdone dropped a small pellet on the ground and a billow of smoke appeared where he was standing. With a rattle and a gasp from the crowds that had gathered to watch , the wires fell to the ground. No longer entangling their prey. Sai Yuk walked from the cloud and laughed.

"Yes and she taught me that trick too!" Sai Yuk laughed. Jumping to the side his left arm lashed out and he had a small 3 balled bolo whipping across the room. As it appeared to wrap around Mousses legs, Mousse jumped again, and in mid air did a twisting summersault that cleared him of the entangling weapon. Mousse thrust out his arms in his flowing kimono as well and in his hands was a set of sticks that were connected by a strong elastic wire that held them together, with a flick of his wrist the sticks extended into a 6 foot fighting pole. Using the pole as leverage in mid air he continued his somersault across the room landing with his legs wide and his stance firm.

"I see you have learned a little my friend." Mousse laughed , "How about this then." Stomping his bare foot twice he thrust with the straight pole at Sai Yuk and watched with astonishment as the young emperor grabbed the quick javelin and twisted it from his grip. Now armed with the Mousse's pole Sai Yuk launched his offensive. Striking Mousse several times about the shoulder and head Mousse reeled for a second off guard , his glasses knocked from his face and the room became very blurry.

"I see, you have the advantage on me on speed. But I have reach and experience on my side." Mousse pulled out a throwing star and whipped several in Sai Yuk's general direction. Several of the onlookers yelled and dived out of the way as they were narrowly missed by these deadly missiles. Sai Yuk staff still in hand ran lightly over the floor towards his opponent, as he came within striking distance he noticed his legs feeling stiff and solid. Stopping he looked down at the floor. Scattered all over the floor near Mousse were small needles which Mousse must have released along with the throwing stars. Completely gone unnoticed Sai Yuk had walked over them and now the drugs in the needles were taking effect. As he fell forward he smiled at his friend.

"You tricky bastard." Thump. Sai Yuk was completely unconscious. The crowd clapped as Mousse bent down and picked up his glasses.

"As I said Sai Yuk." He explained to his unconscious foe. " I am the master of the hidden weapons." And walked out of the Dojo.

************************************

Shinjo walked among the stores looking at the people of the area thinking to himself . 'What small minded people they are, it will be a great pleasure to destroy and enslave them.' Walking into a small restaurant he sat down and waited to be served. 'I wonder if I can get assistance from some of these earthlings.'

The waitress appeared besides him and took his order of noodles and sharks fin soup. Walking from his table quickly. She could sense the evil in him, but as she could not do anything about it she continued her work. Shinjo smiled to himself. He realized that this person who served him was keen, he could feel the changes inside of her, feel the anger and the hatred flowing through her. He wondered what it would be like to taste her blood.

"What is your name?" Shinjo asked the waitress as she brought him his meal.

"I can not give that sir, it is private information." The waitress replied.

Grabbing her arm and squeezing it till the skin itself blushed bluish black she grunted. Lifting her arm in a quick jab she landed several shots to his triceps causing his muscle to spasm and he released her. The manager came over noticing the commotion and grabbed the girl.

"I told you Fai Hung, the next time you caused trouble you would be fired. Now LEAVE." The manager hollered. "A million apologies my good sir, I will make sure she is punished for this."

"He grabbed me!" She sputtered. Storming out of the dinning area. The manager bowing , walked backwards and grimaced a lot.

Shinjo picking up his chop sticks looked at his arm in wonder. "That was an unforeseen move." He exclaimed to himself flexing his arm again.

Fai Hung stood in the kitchen livid with the manager standing just out of reach. Her arms were swinging and she was very animated. "And that is what happened Hoong, don't you believe me?"

"Of course I believe you !" The manager Hoong exclaimed in an oily voice, "But still you cause trouble, you should just have told him your name and it would have ended it. You are fired. Here is your severance pay and get out!"

Grabbing the envelope Fai Hung stormed out the back kitchen and walked down the alley, looking at the front of the restaurant that had served as her home and her job for over a year she sighed. "Back to the drawing board again. I wonder what I can do now."

Walking down the street she watched the people she passed all of them or at least most of them seemed to have a place to go and something to do. But not her. She patted the pouch that she carried and smiled at all her savings she had saved up. She could always go back to the monastery and live there. She thought to herself. Nodding she walked quicker , 'I wonder what the train schedule is like.'

8888888888888888888888

Sai Yuk woke groggily from his bed , to see Mousse sitting there with a cup of tea.

"I new you would not take long in waking." Mousse smiled. Handing Sai Yuk the tea he sat back and massaged Sai Yuks swollen feet.

"Mother says we can have our second bout in two days, that should give you time to heal up from this one." Mousse exclaimed.

"I had you , I new I had you , how did you trick me like that." Sai Yuk asked.

"Well its these I used." Mousse pulled out several clear balls of glass , floating in a mist inside were tiny needles .

"Its an invention my dad created and left for my mother to give to me. A secret weapon of sorts." Mousse smiled. Pressing several into Sai Yuk's hands he laughed. " Not a secret anymore. Here you can have several of them now."

"Thanks." Sai Yuk exclaimed. "Mousse, may I asked you a personal question?" He requested.

"I guess so." Mousse sort of accepted. "What is it you would like to know?"

"What do you know about your father?" That was his question.

Mousse took his question into consideration. How could he answer it without making himself sound like he was crazy. "Well to tell you the truth I'm not sure about everything about him?" He confessed. "All I know what is what my mother told me that he was a good man and an excellent fighter and that he was very brave." He answered the best he could.

"That what she said to me." Sai Yuk replied. "But I have this certain feeling that there was more about him. Like there was something that your mother hasn't told me everything yet."

"Do you really think so?" Mousse questioned. "Well I shall look around and try to find out , I know Arwin knows a lot , he grew up with my father, I hope to get some information from him as well."

"It is good to know one's father Mousse. I wish I could know my father better, but he is a very important and busy man. I work hard every day to make him proud of me and not ashamed. But all his letters are so cold and distant. I hope to one day show him that I am as strong and brave as he and follow in his footsteps."

Mousse stared at the young emperor and smiled , this boy was more than he let on to be. "I believe that you will Sai Yuk , I do believe you will." Getting up he left the little Emperor's bedroom and walked to the main park sitting area. A small waterfall trickled noisily down and the bonsai trees were in bloom , the scent of jasmine was very fragrant and overpowering Mousse with memories of his past. Of a time where he sat here at this same spot crying from the pain of a cut knee. Wishing with all his heart that he had a father to hold him and tell him it would all be better. He had seen how the other boys in town would walk looking up to the larger versions of themselves. Emulating there fathers movements and mannerism's. But not him, he had felt so lonely then , so powerless. He swore in tears that day , so long ago that he would punish those that had made his life that way.

A distant gong could be heard echoing through the mountain pass. The sounds of an eagle crying in the sky were the only other things to accompany him in his solitude. 'I will show Sai Yuk what it means to be strong.' Mousse thought to himself . Standing firm and strong Mousse left the park area to enter the dojo to practice. Never in his wildest imagination did he realize that at all that time he had been watched. By several things.

Stilgard continued across the path quietly and peered into the dojo to watch Mousse jump and twirl , attacking imaginary opponents with his cache of hidden weapons. He smiled at the energy and litheness of his best friend's son. 'There is much the same in him as in his father.' He grinned. 'very much the same.' He thought.

Unbeknownst to either was a mechanical bird sitting on a bonsai tree , sending images back to a computer many miles away. On the other end of the monitor was a guard in black and green coveralls. Tape recorders whirred and the images were transferred onto a DVD disc that was spat out and automaticaly put on a large pile , computers labeled the area and time.

"It's almost time!" a voice could be heard through out the room. "We will be in position to get the young emperor and gather a very huge ransom." Several of the other guards laughed .

Coming in our next chapter of "Mousse Muad Dib" There is a conspiracy against Mousse and Sai Yuk. Will the Wu-Sul clan's plan of kidnapping the young emperor succeeded? Will Ayeka be able to see Mousse again? And what will happen if Fai Hung returns to the monastery?