Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Mousse Muad Dib ❯ A cop is a cop is a cop ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mousse Muad Dib

By

Mari

Co-author by rob

Disclaimer: Ranma ½ is the Ó property of Rumiko Takahashi. Tenchi Muyo-Universe is the Ó property Kajishima Masaki.

Dune is the Ó property of Frank Herbert. Star Wars is the Ó property of George Lucas.

Chapter 6 A cop is a cop is a cop

Galaxy cops were plentiful but not on earth, standing in the room looking at the communication device Ayeka sighed and closed the connection. It was true , there were several interstellar intruders on this planet that she would have to monitor. She was not aware of the dark Jedi's involvement . Head office on Orion prime had just informed her that there had been several breaches of the solar system in the last several months . Including an interstellar cruiser in parking orbit behind the moon. Undetectable by earths monitoring stations. Several of the other galaxy cop's were pulling out pistols and rifles checking them for any signs of wear or damage. As well as installing new charge packs in them.

"So it seems this Mousse you ran into is the recipient of some very bad influences it seems." One of the black and gold clad peace officers sighed. "Shall we just take him into protective custody or what?" He inquired of his superior officer.

"I think we should interview him to find out why they are so interested in him , but we don't necessarily have to uproot him . Lets keep an eye on the situation and see how it handles." Ayeka exclaimed strapping on her blaster pistol and pulling an overcoat over her uniform.

Meanwhile back in Nerima, everyone else was wondering what ever happen to Mousse. "And they say that nobody hasn't seen Mousse since that rainy day?" Asked Akane Tendo as she, her older sister Nabiki, Ranma were walking home from school.

"That's the rumor of the week." Nabiki replied plainly.

"All I want to know is that why some old man would ever want Mousse in the first place?" Ranma questioned while walking on the fence.

"No one knows for sure really." Nabiki replied. "All I know that it has something do with some kind of ring that Mousse was carrying when he first met this stranger."

"Well what does this stranger looked like?" Akane was getting more curious.

"According to some people, this guy looked a little bit American but he speaks with sort of a British like accent." Nabiki described the stranger the best she could. "He was a bit tall with whitish blonde hair and was wearing a dark jacket and matching fedora hat. And they say if you looked at his eyes closely enough, they almost looked like they were glowing a light blue."

"Whoa, that's creepy." Ranma replied getting the shivers from that last description.

"What is the name of that stranger that Mousse left with?" Akane is trying to get all the answers.

"It's pretty hard to understand." Nabiki confessed. "I think it was A-r-win St-il-gard." She did her best to pronounce the name.

"Arween Shteelgurd" replied Ranma solemnly.

"No.. Ranma Ar as in the letter R in English and win as in winning something. So ARWIN." Nabiki laughed.

Nodding Ranma tried to make the R sound roll off of his tongue as he hopped from the top of one fence to balance on the other keeping in stride with Nabiki and Akane. The three of them reached the Tendo school for indiscriminate wrestling and took off their sneakers as they entered the kitchen area. Akane and Nabiki's dad was sitting in a black and yellow kimono smoking a cigarette discussing something with an extremely large black and white panda at the kitchen table. The panda looked at the kids entering and reached behind him to pull out a sign, on it read 'How was school?'

"Fine pop, any noodles left?" Ranma asked.

Dropping his school bag he wandered over to the large pot on the stove, lifting it he smelled deeply the aroma within. "hmmm Raman flavored." Grabbing a bowl he poured himself a generous helping of noodles.

"You know you could save some for the rest of us." Akane grumbled looking at the large heaping bowl of noodles in Ranma's hand.

"First come first serve." He smiled.

"Oh really." She lunged with a foot and Ranma neatly side stepped the blow, twisting he bent his body steeply and looked at Mr. Tendo from an upside down position "Where are the chopsticks?" Mr. Tendo pointed to a cup with a couple of dozen chopsticks in it. "Ranma! You are impossible." Akane jumped up and tried to whirlwind kick Ranma but he was no longer in the same spot that he had occupied a moment before. Grabbing two chopsticks from the container he had straightened up and started to walk towards the dojo, completely ignoring Akane. Red faced Akane lunged after her fiancée and tried to punch him in the back of the head. Still blowing on a chopstick full of noodles he dodges the blow and continued to walk forward. Akane swung her leg up and forward into a forward knee kick , but Ranma side stepped it slurping noodles from the half full bowl.

"What is your problem Akane, there are plenty of noodles left." Ranma smiled and took another mouthful. By now the two were in the dojo proper and Akane grabbed a staff from a weapons locker against the main wall near the house entrance to the dojo. Swinging the weapon towards Ranma, he followed the circular motion extending his arms outwards and twirling with the movements of the staff. Never once being touched by the weapon. Grabbing another mouthful of noodles he exclaimed "And you're still lousy as ever. You should practice more Akane." With a howl Akane leapt forward and a flurry of blows reigned all around Ranma, Almost magically none of them touched him. He twisted and turned eating the last of the noodles; he placed the bowl gently on the ground next to him.

"Ok now we can practice." Ranma took in a defensive stance and grinned.

"OH your impossible.!" Akane cried and walked back towards the door. "I'm not going to practice with you." Looking back at him for a second she gave a sigh of disgust. "HERE take this!" And threw him the staff that she had used earlier. Stepping back a half a foot , Ranma stepped in the empty bowl of noodles and fell with a crash to the ground. Laying on the Dojo floor he looked up at the ceiling pattern.

"What did I ever do to deserve this." He asked no one in particular. Little does he know that his luck is about to change when he sees Mousse again.

Back in China, Mousse and Sai Yuk are about to have their second bout in their dojo. This time they have Stilgard as the referee. "Okay now boys. This is the second bout so let's keep it clean." He instructed the two princes as they bowed to each other and to Stilgard.

Mousse and Sai Yuk walked to each ends of the fighting ring as Stilgard raised his hand. "Now Begin!" He announced and quickly lowered his hand.

The two heirs went into their fighting stances and Sai Yuk charged first.

A flash of smoke and Mousse was blinded. Sai Yuk was no where to be seen in the fog that had been artificially produced. Feeling the change in the wind he ducked as Sai Yuk's staff careened into the space that had once occupied his head. 'Whew he's playing hardball' Mousse thought. Instantly tossing out three chains with hooks attached to them into the area the staff had just came from he was saddened to hear them hit the ground missing his opponent. Hitching up his glasses with one finger he breathed deeply and turned slowly feeling for the presence that would betray his opponent. Instinctually he jumped straight up , legs split in a v as Sai Yuk raced through the space he had previously occupied. Watching as the blurred vision of Sai Yuk passed under him Mousse threw several Chinese throwing stars at him. They seemed to pass right through Sai Yuks body.

Sai Yuk grim and determined stood on the outskirts of the tiny fog bank he had induced and watched as Mousse landed on all 4's slipping and trying his best to get a grip on the now oily floor.

"What's this?" Mousse questioned.

Laughing Sai Yuk explained, "I will explain it all after the fight.:" and Sai Yuk bounced to the left as more throwing stars exited the smoke to embed themselves in the wall near where he had stood a moment before.

"Your getting sneakier Sai Yuk." Mousse laughed. Again Mousse jumped up , but this time he flapped his kimono in rapid circles creating an updraft that started to dissipate the smoke that was blinding him. Landing in a sprawl again he felt the floor. It was coated with some kind of oil substance. Sai Yuk dashed into the cloud and delivered several blows to Mousse as he lay stunned on the floor. As Mousse tried to return the blows the force of movement caused him to spin in circles. He watched slightly amused as Sai Yuk with not problems on traction what so ever danced out of the thinning smoke.

"I see you must have some kind of tack or nail attached to your shoes. Good thinking." Mousse congratulated Sai Yuk on his strategy.

"Your welcome , and YOU WILL LOSE." Sai Yuk exclaimed falling to the ground split seconds before the chains passed over his body.

"You even compensate for my fighting style and excellent hearing . You learn quickly." Mousse applauded his friends efforts.

Sai Yuk launched another assault against the Atreides Heir with a vigor only youth could endure, for what felt like hours but in reality was only minutes the two traded blow after blow . The onlookers winced as the two could finally be made out through the thinning smoke. Mousse turned and offered an opening to his ribs , which Sai Yuk declined to fall for and instead did a spinning whirl kick that caused Mouse to lose his balance on the slippery floor again. Off balance Mousse crashed to the floor almost bonelessly and Sai Yuk took advantage of the fall to launch another offensive. As the staff flow floor ward to attack Mousse , The Atreides Heir raised both arms and blocked the shot by grabbing the pole and kicking it repeatedly to create a vibration that knocked it from Sai Yuks Grasp. The pole now in the possession of Mousse was used as part leverage to raise the Young fighter up from the oily arena.

Mousse using the pole as a walking stick hobbled around the room , blocking blow after blow from the young Emperor. Sai Yuk not giving an inch continued to assault Mousse in random shots both with arm blocks and kicks. Mousse concentrating on using the stick as a balancer got his glasses knocked from his head and was effectivly blinded by Sai Yuk. Shaking his head Mousse stood up and reached for Sai Yuks feet as he tried to kick him in the head again. Instead of trying to block the foot he trapped it between his head and his upraised arm. As Sai Yuk pulled to attempt to release his trapped foot, Sai Yuk's shoe came off into Mousses hands and Mousse grinned at the feel of the sharp spikes on the bottom of the soles. Confirming his original hypothesis about the fighters ability he tried to put the shoe on but found to his great dismay that him and Sai Yuk were of two disparaging different sizes when it came to foot ware.

Sai Yuk not to be outdone by the loss of one of this shoes used the bare foot as a skate and the other as a means of locomotion and used the slippery floor to increase his speed and angle of attack. Mousse jumped sideways very quickly narrowly scraping past the two fighting sighs that Sai Yuk was now employing. As Sai Yuk passed the Atreides Heir he smiled and threw the glass balls directly at Mousse. Mousse unable to see the clear missiles only noticed them as they broke against his skin letting the tiny needles embedded in the missiles to pierce his skin and allow the knockout agent to slowly paralyze Mousse. Smiling he thought of the irony of the situation. As he had only just recently presented his opponent with these self same glass globes.

The bell rang and the fight was over. Mousse was unconscious on the Dojo's wooden floor and Sai Yuk stood panting with only one foot covered and his kimono torn in a half a dozen places.

"Fight over. Ruling Sai Yuk Winner ." The referee shouted.

Just as the small crowd was gathering to congratulate the young Emperor a large explosion occurred near the front entrance to the main complex. Several men in black and green ran into the room and leveled large automatic weapons on the crowd of helpless onlookers. Beikng-Pan held up a dainty hand to hold off the Dojo's occupants from attacking in a suicidal and fruitless attack. Stepping into the main fighting area were two men that instantly arose the suspicion of Stilgard. He had seen these particular two before. One was old and frail looking , ancient to the extreme wearing a flowery kimono and carrying an umbrella. The other was a giant of a man standing well over 7 feet tall. Stilgard remembered . Shinju and Master Ojino from the boat cruise.

The frail old mans voice echoed throughout the arena, "You will surrender the one called Mousse Atreides and the emperors son or die here now." He declared with a finality of doom. The others in the room gasped, almost as one they turned to the panting emperor and looked at him standing there in defiance.

"What would you have of me old man." Sai Yuk Exclaimed with the air of authority.

"You my young emperor are going to pay for the refitting of my army with the ransom I shall receive from your dear father." Ojino replied. "And as for him , his father had many enemies , some of which want to make sure that he doesn't continue his legacy." The frail old EMPIRE agent pointed his umbrella at the unconscious body of Mousse.

"You may take me , without a fight , but leave Mousse alone." Volunteered the young Emperor.

"You my dear child are not in any way able to dictate anything to me in this situation. As I have the upper hand here whelp." Ojino waved an arthritic hand to Shinju and watched as his giant fighter entered the dojo to grab the two that he was after. Unaware of the conditions in the room Shinju was taken completely by surprise when his footing was gone as he stepped onto the floor. The 7 foot giant landed hard on his face. Attempting to stand , face flushed with anger he growled at Sai Yuk.

"You would embarrass me whelp, I think your father is going to get you back in pieces." Growled the EMPIRE assassin as he gingerly shuffled out to the floor. Bending to pickup the prone body of Mousse Shinju wasn't prepared for the next thing that happened. The young Emperor Sai Yuk leaped up and planted his nail covered shoe directly in Shinju's face. Shinju howled in pain as the small nails pierced his skin causing him to back pedal a step and loose his balance on the slippery floor again. The giant crashed to the floor for a second time.

Unbeknownst to the battling people inside the dojo a hover car landed on the outskirts of the building and the Galaxy cops exited the large car to form a parameter around the back door. Ayeka upholstering her gun looked at the screen on her wrist.

"It seems there is quite a crowd in there, must be having a demonstration or something." Ayeka exclaimed.

Waving her arms the 2 dozen galaxy police officers fanned out into a v formation with Ayeka at the head of the v . She approached the back door slowly scanning with a machine that used a combination of x-ray and sound wave technology to spy the door and around it.

"All clear here. Sepstar , open this door please." Ayeka asked her second lieutenant.

"Aye Aye sir!" Sepstar stepped up to the large wooden door and placed a small black box on the juncture where the lock and handle were. Pushing a button on the front of the box there was a loud woomp sound and the door swung open. Running into the enclosure Ayeka pointed to her left and then to her right with two fingers. Each time her armed moved two officers peeled away from the formation and dashed into the direction that she pointed.

Coming to the back of the Dojo she peered up into the fighting arena and quickly got herself up to speed on the amount of people and what was happening. Inside Ojino was telling Sai Yuk.

"Listen you one. YOU will not be harmed. Leave this place with us and it will be but a short stay , albeit not as pleasant a surroundings as this , but short and then you and your father will be re-united. What say you ?" Ojino exclaimed in an ancient but oily voice.

Sai Yuk felt sleepy , for some reason he wanted to just give into this old man. " Never you old bastard." He yelled , shaking his head from the stupor that was surrounding him. "He is my friend, I will not just stand by and let you kill him." Sai Yuk exclaimed, yawning he put his hands to his face, the image of his fingers was blurry and indistinct.

"You will come my young emperor, with or without your consent. As for the disposition of your friend." Ojino exclaimed. "Bah boy you barely know him ,he is nothing to you, plus he will soon be not of this earth. LITERALY ." Ojino laughed a rusty wet laugh. Then coughed several times bringing up a small piece of phlegm that he spit onto the wooden floor.

"I will fight you and your monster to the death before I let you take me." Sai Yuk exclaimed. The crowd gasped as the body of the young emperor started to lift into the air, the old man had his hand out. Sai Yuk could feel the bands of force squeezing him strongly , an iron grip impossible to break as he hovered over the fighting arena. Then with a negligent flip Sai Yuk sailed over the prostrate body of Mousse and Shinju and landed next to the ancient man.

"You will learn to respect your elders young man." Wheezed Ojino , "Come Shinju it is time to leave." Turning Ojino started to exit from the building.

"What of the Atreides whelp?" Shinju inquired gingerly getting to his feet and slowly making his way from the oiled floor.

"Ah yes. Gentlemen." Ojino pointed to the Wu-Sul clannists.

"Yes master!" exclaimed the tallest and nastiest of the group.

"When we get in the car. Kill them all. Leave none alive." Ojino ordered the Wu-Sul clans man.

"It will be as you have ordered master." The Wu-Sul clan leader bowed to the ancient Ojino and watched with awe as the young emperor trapped in some magical force field floated next to the old man.

Ojino and Shinju got into their private hover car and the car shot up into the air. Turning the Clan leader raised his arm to give the order to terminate the dojo full of hostages.

Ayeka decided that if there was ever going to be a thing called perfect timing this would be it.

Pushing a button on her black doublet , she signaled the galaxy cops to enter the fray. Rushing into the building through windows and doors the Galaxy cops burst into the Fighting arena and raised their blasters to the Wu-Sul clan men.

" I would seriously reconsider those orders my good man." Ayeka exclaimed.

Looking around him the Wu-Sul clan leader lowered his weapon and dropped it reluctantly on the ground. There would be ramifications for his actions, but he decided that the punishment his elder would give far outweighed the fact that If he didn't follow this armed woman's orders he would be dead.

Seeing there leader give up all of the black and green clad assassins lowered there weapons and the crowd almost gave a collective sigh of relief. Stilgard recognizing the image of the Galaxy cop emblem went up to Ayeka and thanked her for saving his young charges life.

"Well we can't have people being assassinated all the time around here. Where did that car go, and what happened here?" Ayeka asked the Atreides protector.

Stilgard did his best to explain the situation up to the present. Including a short synopsis on the evil little old man and his giant helper.

"So what your saying is that we have unrestricted aliens , roaming this planet , kidnapping the son of the worlds most populous nation, while all along we have harbored the heir to the Atreides household?" Ayeka responded with shock and skepticism

"Yes that would about sum it up ." Stilgard replied. A black uniformed galaxy cop interrupted their conversation.

"Captain. We planed all the home devices as you requested and the tracker is tracking the single hover car as we speak. " The young communication officer reported.

"Excellent. Everyone load up , we have a job to do. Ms. Beikng-Pan will you be able to look after these miscreants till the local authorities arrive?" Ayeka asked.

"I will not no, for I am going with you. Sai Yuk was my charge and I will assist in his return." Beikng-Pan exclaimed

"I'm going too." Stilgard replied quickly.

"We can not have civilians traveling with us i'm sorry you will have to stay here." Ayeka exclaimed.

"I am not only the owner of this establishment officer but I am also a captain in the local police force." Beikng-Pan exclaimed. "And I do not believe you have shown me the necessary paperwork to show that you have authorization or jurisdiction in this area. So you will take me , and Mr. Stilgard and whomever else I dictate , or you will hand over that device and stand down until you can prove to me sufficiently why I shouldn't have YOU arrested for carrying weapons ."

Ayeka smiled. This was going to be a challenge. "Very well Ms. Beikng-Pan you may come , along with Mr. Stilgard here but no one else."

Just then a loud bong interrupted the night.

"What in tarnations is that?" Exclaimed one of the galaxy cops.

"THAT is my doorbell." Beikng-Pan exclaimed , "I must see who it is."

Several of the officers along with Stilgard and Ayeka walked to the large front gate that had a large gaping hole in it. Standing looking into the disaster zone was a young woman carrying a clothbound staff .

"Well you have redecorated haven't you Ming-san" Fai Hung exclaimed happily. "Have I come at a bad time Auntie?"

It looks like there's going to be a rescue mission. Will they able to rescue Sai Yuk? Will Mousse be able to help? And would Fai Hung offer her services? Be sure to find out in our next chapter of "Mousse Muad Dib"